Tapatalk ID (Single Sign On to all Tapatalk Groups)

Tapatalk ID (Single Sign On to all Tapatalk Groups)

Chrisw

08 Sep 2017, 14:36 #1

Hi everyone,

We are getting closer to rolling out the global sign-on. If you would like to have it enabled at your forum early and have a sneak preview, please feel free to post a link to your forum here, and we'll enable it for you.

Thanks!

Pepe.

08 Sep 2017, 14:40 #2

If you need help with skins click the critters

PeterMc

08 Sep 2017, 15:41 #3

Peter Mc

Irishconstabulary.com

Chrisw

08 Sep 2017, 15:50 #4

Enabled for irishgenealogyqueries and ching

Chrisw

08 Sep 2017, 19:52 #6

Enabled for tinnitussupport92262

capeannweb

08 Sep 2017, 21:23 #7

I'm wondering if and how global log-in will affect Yuku users in cases where a user has a local account with the same username as someone who is a local account with the same username but on a different board.  Will users who had a local account need to now log in with the extension?

Ex:  cathy.capeannonline  and cathy.caotest - I would think I couldn't log in globally without the extension .  It's not unrealistic to assume that there are multiple local accounts with the same local username.

I ask because a few weeks ago - while still on Yuku - one of my local users logged in and their post showed up as user.differentboard.  It was resolved after logging out and logging back in.  That user from a different board then showed up as a member (because of the post) and was migrated over to TT with my board and my actual member had to log in with the .capeannonline extension.  I deleted different user and my actual member can now log in without the extension.

I'm not interested in trying it out until others have tested it.  Will boards be required to have it enabled?

PeterMc

09 Sep 2017, 11:26 #8

I dont know how to log in with/or connect to/ my Tapatalk ID.  The login screen is confusing, and I get something like a 'token expired' notice.  I'm not even sure what my Tapatalk ID is any more - getting so confused with the number of IDs I've registered with across Support, Forum Directory, Tutorials, Site Owner, and my own forum.......and if I log in Globally, does my user name change??

Is there a Tutorial for this somewhere @Chrisw ?
Peter Mc

Irishconstabulary.com

Chrisw

10 Sep 2017, 00:54 #9

Peter, I'll write a tutorial as soon as I can.

The token expired is a bug (still sorting out some bugs, that's why it is not rolled out to all boards yet. 

Regarding many logins, it's true that you need to register on each board unless you had posted there before, but you could register the same username and password on all forums. You might also want to consider using LastPass, best invention since the wheel. I don't know how I ever survived without it :)

Cathy, This is how it works... if there are two identical names on a board, each will have the extension if both are local names.