Push Notifications Stopped Working Suddenly

3DGLabs

May 15th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Hello,
Our forum is foros.3dgames.com.ar. Check: http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/mobiquo/push.php. Push API "seems" to be OK, but all push notifications stopped working for our users on Sunday 14th aprox.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Alan

Howdy

May 16th, 2017, 8:01 am

Hello
In the system log, I see tons of push notifications being sent from this forum via Tapatalk on the 14th. Can you force close the App and log back in to see if it starts working again?

3DGLabs

May 16th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Howdy wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 8:01 am
Hello
In the system log, I see tons of push notifications being sent from this forum via Tapatalk on the 14th. Can you force close the App and log back in to see if it starts working again?
Nope, still nothing. My VBU UID is 2082. It's not just happening to me, but to several other users, if not all of them, couldn't quite say, but had some complaints. I'm also not seeing the notifications inside Tapatalk, in the "Notification's" option. Last notifications there are from 2 days ago. Forcing the refresh by pulling down on iPhone, won't give me new notifications (that i can see in our forums website via browser).

I've blocked a few days ago the "Tapatalk Cloudsearch Bot" from scrapping our site since it was too intensive. Don't know if blocking that IP in IPTables had anything to do with this.

Regards, Alan

3DGLabs

May 16th, 2017, 10:51 pm

3DGLabs wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 6:10 pm
Nope, still nothing. My VBU UID is 2082. It's not just happening to me, but to several other users, if not all of them, couldn't quite say, but had some complaints. I'm also not seeing the notifications inside Tapatalk, in the "Notification's" option. Last notifications there are from 2 days ago. Forcing the refresh by pulling down on iPhone, won't give me new notifications (that i can see in our forums website via browser).

I've blocked a few days ago the "Tapatalk Cloudsearch Bot" from scrapping our site since it was too intensive. Don't know if blocking that IP in IPTables had anything to do with this.

Regards, Alan
Nevermind this, the push_slug was corrupted in the table tapatalk_push at our database for some reason. Working now. Thank you for your time.

Regards, Alan