how to set the flood limit

how to set the flood limit

jeffsaddress

30 Nov 2017, 23:34 #1

I found the option to have members of certain groups unable to exceed the flood limit, but I can't find the setting for the flood limit itself. Alternatively is there a way to set a limit on the number of posts a user can make in a day?

winter

01 Dec 2017, 00:06 #2

Hi, what do you want to achieve may I ask? Do you want to control member to not to post more than X posts / day? and why?

jeffsaddress

01 Dec 2017, 01:56 #3

We've got a member that likes to post repeated responses to himself. What should be a single, long post becomes 10 small ones in a row and it make things hard to read. We've asked him to quit but he's not cooperating. We'd rather not ban him, so limiting the number of posts he can make in a day or putting a time limit of say 15 minutes between posts seems like it might encourage him to be a bit more thoughtful in his posts.

jeffsaddress

05 Dec 2017, 16:43 #4

jeffsaddress wrote:We've got a member that likes to post repeated responses to himself. What should be a single, long post becomes 10 small ones in a row and it make things hard to read. We've asked him to quit but he's not cooperating. We'd rather not ban him, so limiting the number of posts he can make in a day or putting a time limit of say 15 minutes between posts seems like it might encourage him to be a bit more thoughtful in his posts.
Bump

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RAV4Club

06 Dec 2017, 08:56 #5

A possible option ... set it so his posts need to be approved? Might make it harder for him to "reply to himself" and make him think a bit more?
visit forum.rav4driversclub.com - Advice for Cars and much more!

Chrisw

07 Dec 2017, 17:44 #6

RAV4Club wrote: A possible option ... set it so his posts need to be approved? Might make it harder for him to "reply to himself" and make him think a bit more?
That's an excellent suggestion, and probably the best one in this situation.

jeffsaddress

09 Dec 2017, 20:39 #7

Chrisw wrote: That's an excellent suggestion, and probably the best one in this situation.
"Hello Ford? I just bought one of your vehicles and I'm wondering how to make it turn left. "

"Why would you want to do that? "

"Well, for one thing, I need to go left to get off the freeway to get to work. "

"You could just drive another route to get there. "

"Or you could get a different job that you can reach without turning left. "

"That's probably the best suggestion"

Do you think the new Ford owner is getting the best answers here? Can you imagine how this might relate to my situation asking about how to do an important basic task with tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk