Index of V5/FamiTama Resources

V5 Instruction Scans

V5 - Familitchi - FamiTama Character Chart

V5 - Understanding the growth process

V5, Familitchi, FamiTama Adult Growth Chart

V5 & FamiTama Passwords for 1000G

V5 Special Passwords & FamiTama DVD Passwords for free items

V5 How to Increase Bonding

V5/FamiTama Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. How do I adjust the contrast?

A. Press B to bring up the clock screen, then hold C and press B to bring up the contrast bar, A makes it lighter, B makes it darker, C returns to the clock screen.

Q. How do I pause my V5?

A. The V5 has a different pausing function than previous versions, to pause on V5 send your characters on holiday using the Travel Show (or all-inclusive ticket), they will be on pause until you call them back. You can also effectively pause your tamagotchi by leaving it in the Set Time mode (Push button B, then button A and C together. Make sure either the date or time is flashing).

Q. How long until my tamagotchi will evolve?

A. The growth for the V5 is as follows -

Baby->Toddler = 1 Hour
Toddler->Teen = 48 Hours
Teen->Adult = 48 Hours

These are UNPAUSED times, pausing your tamagotchi will delay its evolution.

Q. When can my adult(s) get married/Use the Dating channel?

A. They can marry 48 hours after becoming adults.

Q. Can only my main adult get married/use the Dating channel?

A. No, any of your adults can use the dating channel. You will be able to choose which one you want to get married.

Q. I used the dating channel but after 3 tries the MatchMaker fell asleep, what has happened?

A. The dating channel can be used 3 times a day, if you don't say yes to any of the 3 mates then the MatchMaker will fall asleep until the next day. However if you set the clock for your Tamagotchis to go to sleep and then set it back to the correct time she will wake up and you will get 3 more tries. This 'cheat' can be used unlimited times.

Q. Will I always get 3 eggs?

A. No. You can have 1, 2 or 3 eggs after the first generation has passed.

Q. My adults turned into parents after marrying, but where are they now?

A. The parents will always stay on the V5 but they will not be on-screen at all times, they will come on when you feed your characters, give them medicine and also in special animations during the day. To see which parent your character will evolve into, please view this chart:
V5 Familtchi Adult Growth Chart

Q. I keep seeing people posting about 'Pure Families', what is a 'Pure' Family?

A 'Pure' Family is the term we use for the 4 main Familes - Mame, Meme, Kuchipa and Violet.

Q. How do I get a 'Pure' Family?

There is a simple formula to follow to get a pure family.

First, raise one of the required adults, Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi or Violetchi. Then making sure your family has 100% bonding marry the appropriate characters -

Your Mametchi + Chantotchi = Mame
Your Memetchi + Mumutchi = Meme
Your Kuchipatchi + Yonepatchi = Kuchipa
Your Violetchi + Sukatchi = Violet

Note that it will only work that way around, it will not work if you have the other adult, for example marrying your Chantotchi to a Mametchi will not result in the Mame family.

Q. I got a 'Pure' Family but after an hour the one of the babies became an adult right away, is it a glitch?

A. No this is not a glitch, in a 'Pure' Family the main character evolves directly into an adult, the other baby evolves into the adult's younger sibling. This sibling will not evolve any further.

Q. I got a 'Pure' Family but only my main character can marry, I thought you said I could choose which one marries?

A. 'Pure' Families are an exception because only the main character is an adult, the other characters are not adults and will not become adults so can't marry.

Q. I heard the 'Pure' Families have pets, how can I get these pets?

A. You can't 'get' the pets as such, they will not stay on the screen all the time, when you have a 'Pure' Family the pet will appear in the family C-click animation as well as special family animations during the day.

Q. I got a 'Pure' Family I tried the C-click to view the special animation but I only get the regular animation what happened?

A. It is random whether you will see the special family animation or the regular animation when you press C with a 'Pure' Family, keep trying and you will see it.

Q. My family have turned into Ninjas, what has happened?

The Ninja Family is gotten through poor care. The Ninja family requires 3 care misses: allow the happy hearts to drain (but keep some hungry hearts filled.) When they call for attention the attention icon will activate. If you don't fill any happy hearts within 15 minutes* you will be flagged with a care miss.
*Note: this time may decrease to 10 minutes, then to 5 minutes as you accummulate care misses, if you allow both happy and hungry hearts to be empty at the same time.

If you want them to turn back into the regular adults there is a meal and/or an item you can use -

047 -Steamed Bun
099 -Whistle

Numbers refer to item codes from this topic.

Q. My family have become The Large Family, what has happened?

A. The Large Family are gotten from over-feeding your characters meals. On the V5 there are 5 visible hungry hearts and 2 hidden hungry hearts. The Large family requires 5 care misses: fill the hidden seventh hungry heart for a care miss. Wait until the hidden seventh hungry heart empties (no information on how long that takes), then fill it again for another care miss. You get one care miss every time you fill it (if it's currently empty.)
There is a meal and/or an item you can use to turn them back to normal -

023 - Balance Biscuit (This is a meal and will only turn them back once every generation)
110 - Mirror

Q. My family have become The Petite Family, what has happened?

A. The Petite Family are gotten through under-feeding your adults.
The Petite family requires 3 care misses: allow the hungry hearts to drain (but keep some happy hearts filled.) When they call for attention the attention icon will activate. If you don't fill any hungry hearts within 15 minutes* you will be flagged with a care miss.
*Note: this time may decrease to 10 minutes, then to 5 minutes as you accummulate care misses, if you allow both happy and hungry hearts to be empty at the same time.

There is a meal and/or an item you can use to turn them back to normal -

024 - Milk
098 - Magnifying Glass

Q. How do I get a Makiko?

A. First raise a Watatchi, then use the item 'Girls Dresser' (058) and she will become Makiko.

Q. How do I get a KuroMametchi?

A. First raise a Hatugatchi then feed them a Sesame Pudding (048) and he will become KuroMametchi.

Q. Can I get any 'Pure' Families with Makiko or KuroMametchi?

A. No, Makiko and KuroMametchi are not part of any 'Pure' Familiy.

Q. How do I get the Space characters?

A. When mating with another V5 toy from a different region, you will obtain Iwatchi if the two characters being mated would usually have resulted in a normal Blended Family (not a Pure Family).

The different regions are:
1. Japan
2. Oceania/Asia (Australia & Hong Kong, for example)
3. North America
4. Europe

You can get also get an Iwatchi even if you have only one V5 toy. Sometimes you will find a Planetchi hosting the Dating Show. If you accept to mate through the Dating Show while Planetchi is hosting it, you will get an Iwatchi.

Q. Are there any items I can use to help increase bonding percentage?

A. Yes, there are 3 items you can use, the Gotchi King DVD, the Lucky/Super Unchi-kun and the Magokorotchi, to gain a full 10% you must use one (or a combination of them) 34 times.

There are other items that can also be used - the campfire, textbook, cracker, DVD, aquarium and disco ball. However to increase bonding by 10%, these must be used 100 times.

For more detailed information on how to increase bonding, and other bonding information, please refer to this topic by binary:
How To Increase Bonding

Q. Is it possible to debug a V5?

A. Yes, binary successfully debugged a V5 in this topic
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=17671
Exact details are given in this post
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopi ... &p=2977318

Q. My characters are shouting at each other, what is happening?

A. You haven't cared for your characters very well and they are getting ready to return to Tamagotchi Planet, quickly feed and play with them to make them stay.

Q. It didn't work my characters are still angry (FamiTama - have an evil spirit hovering near them) and none of the buttons will rspond, what can I do?

A. Press the A button repeatedly (you need to do it a lot) just keep pressing and they should go back to normal eventually, however this may not work in 100% of cases.