Updated Rules: Signatures

Haze
Tama Zone Legends
Haze
Tama Zone Legends

10:27 PM - Aug 18, 2006 #1

Updated signature rules 12th August 2007:

We have had a number of members who have been using very large images in their signatures.

We have now made some changes so that now when members put on a signature that is too large (greater than 175 pixels in height and 600 pixels in width), part of the signature will be automatically cut off. For example, if a member's signature is larger than that, only the upper left 600x175 pixels will appear.

We allow 2-3 small signature graphics if they are placed side-by-side.

OR 1 large graphic up to the width of the page.

OR several userbars stacked on top of each other.

OR a written signature up to 350 characters long- and the type musn't be all in large print so it fills the page.

Please make sure that the total height of the signature space taken up is no more than 175 pixels and the width no more than 600 pixels.

Please Note: Some members who have previously posted oversized signatures may have had the following graphic posted in place of their signature.

Also note that any signature deemed inappropriate will be replaced by the above.
Haze; Tama-Zone creator
I am currently inactive, but I do sometimes like to pop my head in and have a read around.

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

1:53 AM - Aug 19, 2006 #2

For those on dial-up who find pages load too slowly due to a large number of images in signatures, there is an option to not display signatures.

In Your Control Panel ( http://tama-zone.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04 )

Under the heading "Board Display Settings"

Set the option "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" to "No"

Then, click the button near the bottom "Change my Account Options"

You can also disable viewing members' avatars, if you want to further speed up page download.