The Breat's Virtual Pet log

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 21 2009, 06:50 PM #1

I am hoping to do different experiments in this log. If anyone cares to read it, I hope you enjoy! :)

Anyone is welcome to comment. Please ask questions if you have any!

I'll add graphics and clean this all up soon. Promise!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

For my first entry, I'm running my uratama and two music stars.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

URA-tama
Gen 1 - Mokoshi

Mokoshi woke this morning with full hearts and fully refreshed. She began her life being a Ura Mamekotchi. She then evolved into a Shippokotchi to which she is now a Zouritchi. Oh! As I was writing that, she evolved into a Ura Zukyukotchi! She seemed to be very happy about that. We will do some cooking today, and I hope she will find a job that she likes.

She woke up with:
Comedy - 12
Gorgeous - 11
Passion - 338

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Music Stars
Gen 2 Brothers - Kota and Boten

This will be a different kind of log. . .

Entry 1

My dear child,
I leave you today to start a new life on your own. I leave this diary with you so that your thoughts can be recorded as mine could not. I want you to remember that I love you, your father loves you, and your brother does as well. Take care of each other. Your father and I will be returning together. One day we will meet up with you again when you leave your child to grow and prosper as we have with you. I leave you with this memento as a reminder of where you came from in hopes it will keep the warmth of my affection close to you when you need it most.
With all my love,
Mom

Entry 2

The previous entry held the last words my mother ever gave me. She left today. It’s hard for me to understand. I’ve only just begun to understand the world. The air is still warm from her gentle sighs. I want her back, but I know I have an entire life to live before I can see her again. I will wait, clutching this diary, and let my heart beat to the sweet promises of hearing her voice again.

My name is Kota, and today I started my training to become a great musical artist. I confess that I have quite a bit to live up to. My mother was the infamous Pila from the #1 pop band The Romas. My father, Roro, was the lead in the best Jazz band around; Noki. How can I live up to them? They were both number one bands in two genres. My parents are music legends, and I just don’t know if I can live up to the high standards they left in their wake.

My mother was a mimitchi, and my father a mametchi. My mother was a bit older than my father, but they had a whirl-wind romance. People still talk about it to this day. The moment they laid eyes on each other, they knew there was something special between them. My mother had been dominating the pop charts for a while before she met my father. My father was still trying to get his pro-debut when he met my mother. Through their relationship, his career grew until he was the most celebrated jazz star on the music scene. Between the two, they were a musical powerhouse. I did not get to see my father or brother, Boten, much before my parents left, but I know all too well of their legacy. It will be interesting to see where my brother and I will take our careers.

My brother and I have made one decision so far on our musical careers. We are following our parents’ footsteps with our instruments. My mother was a drummer, and just before she left, she gave me a mega drum kit. My brother is using the famous violin that my father played into fame. I am thinking of having a hip hop career while my brother is heading into rock ‘n roll. I wonder if we will stay in our chosen genres, or dominate multiple like our parents before us? I guess time will tell.

Me (Kota)

My brother (Boten)

My mom

My dad

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I am hoping I can keep up with this considering school and all. I might have to put the music stars on pause, but I will continue them as much as I can.

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 22 2009, 06:26 AM #2

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Gen 1 - Mokoshi

Mokoshi had a pretty good day today. No job yet, but she did attend school. Unfortunately, she did not do very well. I am wondering if she is ready for the work force. I don’t want to send her out there unprepared. Hopefully, she will be ready tomorrow!

We went into the kitchen today and cooked up some parfait with lip fruit and octopus. (Sounds pretty gross, right?) She seems to love it, so I was game! We also bought a few ingredients for cooking later this week. She really seemed to enjoy time in the kitchen, so she is going to try a few more recipes to taste.

We actually caught the vendor today. We usually are not too great at that. He was only selling us a leaf (an ingredient she can’t use), so we had to turn him down. He did not seem happy about that. Maybe he will bring something better tomorrow.

She finished up her day with 13 comedy, 13 gorgeous, and 351 passion. She is a mere 18 grams. I keep trying to get her to gain a little, but she does not care for sweets too much. They give her a tooth ache too easily. I will keep trying though!

She took a bath and brushed her teeth. We sat up for a while. She was just hanging out beside me while I did my ASP.NET homework. A little while later, I looked over and she had fallen asleep.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Music Stars
Gen 2 brothers - Kota and Boten

Entry 3

My brother and I evolved! We are now kuchitamatchi. I wonder if we will continue to grow as twins. We practiced hard today, but I am hoping to be more productive tomorrow. My brother practiced more than I did today. He hardly ever reads the book father left him, but I’m always playing with the toy dinosaur my mother left me.

I only got to see my brother once today. He was so busy practicing he did not seem to have time for me. I think he took mom and dad leaving harder than I did. I asked him if dad had left him anything like mom had for me, but he did not want to talk about it. We are very close, but sometimes I think he hides his true feelings.
Maybe I can convince him to talk more tomorrow. . .

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I started my Nano dino, because I thought people might like to see it in action. I can’t guarantee that I can keep this one up, because I’ve had problems with this v-pet randomly resetting itself. I will do my best though! I decided to name my dino Arnie.

Here is a video I took of it starting up:

My dino started off with 10 hunger, 50 discipline, and 50 happiness. It seems like the food is worth about 25 points. I didn’t check treats, so I’ll post that when I check it. If you lose a game, it makes happiness go up 10 points. If you win, it makes happiness go up by 25 points. The only thing I haven’t liked about the Nano line is that in order to keep discipline up, you have to scold your pet. Arnie’s happiness went down quite a bit after scolding him to get his discipline up, so I gave him two drumsticks as a treat to make up for it.

Dino kibble!

There are two games to play just like the other nanos. Arnie and I prefer the racing game. He loves it because in the end, he gets to destroy a little village. Aww! My little terror. . .

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 23 2009, 03:24 AM #3

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Gen 1 - Mokoshi

Mokoshi went to class this morning after a breakfast of grilled fish. We planned to go to the grocery store today to buy her some different food. Thanks to EnWarehouse! She was getting pretty tired of grilled fish and cheese. Immediately after breakfast, she went to school. She did not do well once again. I’m worried. I’m going to give her some extra material to go through so she will be prepared when the time comes for a job.

When we went to the grocery store, we bought a little bit of almost everything. I passed on garlic, because I told her she shouldn’t eat just a bulb of garlic. The whole time we were picking out foods, she seemed happy, but she kept eyeing the snacks. I told her she could pick out one. She chose dango, because I have some for myself and she wants to eat it with me. Aww.

I grabbed some crab, furu, and tooth-shaped bread. She freaked when she saw the seafood, so I wasn’t sure if she would like them, but when she saw the bread, she jumped up and down and sang a little happy song. I’ll remember to buy more when we go grocery shopping again!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Music Stars

Something miraculous happened today! The mail came this morning, and it was from Mom!! She sent me 10,000 gp! I immediately went to Boten’s place. The mail came for him, and it was from Dad. He had sent Boten 10,000 gp as well. It was one of the best moments of my small life. The instant he saw the return address it was as if the shell around him crumbled. I even think I saw a little water in his eyes, but he turned to where I couldn’t see.

Afterward, we spent a lot of time together. We played games, played our instruments together, and just talked about mom and dad and the old days. My brother and I continued to bond. I think things will be very different!

While we were hanging out, we evolved into Kikitchi! We are certainly growing up fast! It seems just like yesterday that we were infants starting out in the world. *Bad joke, I know! I tend to be full of them.*

We even met our fellow band mates. Boten’s band is strictly classical. He plays the violin, of course, then Veronica plays harp, and Colleen plays the trombone. They are called ‘Adieu’. In my band, ‘Bonjour’ *another bad joke*, I have switched to the bass drum and my other two band mates, Ryo and another girl named Veronica, play the trombone.

I am really into Latin music right now. Boten is still delving into the world of the classics. He is so serious about what he does, but contacts from Dad have really brought him around. While I sort of understand that Mom and Dad needed us to make our own way in the world, I realize I really needed my brother to give me support. I thought I was the strong one, but in watching his struggle, I was the one being supported, not the other way around. I owe you one, Boten.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Good news about little Arnie! He was resetting himself once again, so I decided to open the case and see what was going on. The moment I pulled it apart, the left battery wire detached. So I got out the soldering tools and soldered it back on. Now, he works like he is brand new! No resetting at all. I’m so happy!

So this is technically his first night, but we won’t tell him! He’s so cute!

These are definitely not like the dinkie dinos. I love on the dinkies how you can try to get different dinosaurs, but with the nano you can only get a t-rex. He’s still cute though! The only bad part is that he pooped and immediately fell asleep. I might have to cheat to clean it up. . .

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

Oct 23 2009, 05:03 AM #4

What a wonderful log so far! Beautifully written and colorfully illustrated with clear, impressive pictures. I'm definitely hooked! :)

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 24 2009, 03:42 AM #5

Ra - Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Gen 1 - Mokoshi

Mokoshi woke up this morning while I was in class, but she wasn’t neglected because she is an adult now and needs less care. She finally got a job today! We were put on the spot when it asked what we wanted to apply for, so I randomly picked something (since I couldn’t read it, and didn’t have my computer on), and she qualified first try! She is now a fireman which is in the passion job section. She is going to be saving lives. I’m so proud. *sniff*

I don't think she wants to go!

To celebrate her new job, I made her crab. She’s never had it before, and I figured she deserved a decadent meal. She fell in love after tasting the first claw. I was not sure of her reaction at first, because she chewed it for a while without saying anything. After she finished, she said she was savoring it.

She even did a little dance to say thank you!

I think her and I will stay up late and watch the fourth disc of Dexter season 3. I will put Arnie to bed, because he is far too young to be watching it, and Kota and Boten need their sleep to please the music execs! We might even eat dango! :)

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Music Stars

I was thinking of mom today. I haven’t heard from her again. Maybe she thinks I don’t want to hear from her now that I’m older. I wish I could talk to her and tell her that I will always miss her. She was the first person who ever loved me. That person in your life always means the most. I don’t know if anyone could possibly love me as much as my mother did. I don’t have the capacity in my heart to make room for another. She fills every inch with her smile. Mom, wherever you are, I will come home to you, and I promise to put a smile on your face once again.

Band practices went well today. Boten and I discussed it over some corndogs he bought. I just wished he had mustard, but he’s so picky! I can see his hard work though. His band is making great progress. His determination gets the best of him at times. At the end of the day, he has practiced himself to death, and he is a ball of stress. In complete contrast, my stress is always low though I do play with my dinosaur a lot! Maybe I’m not working hard enough?

Boten and I evolved today as well. I’m a legal adult! He’s a Tosakatchi and I’m a Kuromametchi! We went to meet our band for one last practice tonight. We only did it because we were curious what they evolved into. I believe they thought the same!

I did feel very guilty about something today. Boten bought this amazing mocha costume today. I was really jealous. I usually don’t let myself hold anything against Boten, because I know he has problems expressing his feelings, completely unlike me, but I could not help but resent him for having something so amazing. I immediately went to the shop to see what was there, and that’s when I saw it. It was so crisp and clean you could almost hear it crackle. It was a brand-new ‘celebrity wear’ suit!

*I forgot to take a picture of this, and he is asleep now. I will post when he wears it!*

Now, I will admit. It gave me sticker shock. It was 15 million gp. I bought it. I spent almost all the money my mother left me on a suit. I hope I didn’t make a bad decision. Maybe I can wear it to a job interview? I hope it’s a decision that wouldn’t disappoint her. Unfortunately, I’m disappointed in myself for getting so jealous that I made a hasty purchase. I can’t tell Boten. I hope it all works out!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Nano Dino
Arnie

Arnie is so needy! I love him, but he throws lots of tantrums. I guess it’s a T-Rex thing, but I have to scold him a lot. If he doesn’t get plenty of drumsticks (I think he eats too many), he starts ripping up trees and tearing down huts. He tore down an entire village while I was in class today. At least they can rebuild with all the lumber he provided by wasting their woody areas!

After he was finished eating his drumsticks (why do I indulge him?), he was filthy from all his rampaging, so he had to have a bath. I love Nano baths! They are so adorable, and only beat in cuteness by the old Gigas.

He did get sick after throwing that tantrum while I was in class. I had to get out his medicine. I gave him the first half of the bottle to start getting it through his system, and then about an hour later, I gave him the rest. All better!

He eats so much food in a day. I feed him about every 1-2 hours. It’s hard to tell, because he asks for a lot of attention. Who knew a dinosaur would be such a mama’s boy? I did play with him quite a bit today, and let him tear down just a few huts. . . I guess I had better look into dino insurance.

Tonight he sung himself Happy Birthday for his first birthday, and he even had a cake, but I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of it before he ate it all! I will definitely try tomorrow if he celebrates. I wonder who his baker is. . .

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 25 2009, 07:19 AM #6

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Gen 1 - Mokoshi

Today was an amazing day. Mokoshi and I were having a nice lazy lounge since we stayed up late. There was a knock on the door, and before I could even get up, Mokoshi had already answered it. I peeked around her and saw that the matchmaker had come. I was surprised, because I didn’t know how much Mokoshi wanted to be a mother. I guess I should have asked. The matchmaker had a shy little Tenpatchi behind her. I thought I was the only person that finds them cute, but Mokoshi turned bright red the moment she saw him. Needless to say, it wasn’t too long after that we were headed for the maternity ward.

I was a little frightened. I guess I felt she just was not old enough to be a mother yet, but she seemed so ready. It was a quick labor, and before I knew it she had this beautiful baby girl. She gave birth to a Ura Mamekotchi just like she was as a new born. I held her daughter and was filled with so much pride!

Now that I have seen her feeding and caring for the new baby, I can’t imagine her not being a mother. She fits the role perfectly. When I see her, she just has the look of a loving mother. I’m going to be so sad to see her go! When she sees me hold her baby, she smiles and says that I’m the only person who could give her baby everything she needs. Aww!

The baby did get sick, and Mokoshi freaked out for a bit. I calmed her down and reminded her we had plenty of medicine!

We spoke for a bit on what to name the new little girl. She said she wanted something light, airy, and short. We thought for a moment, and she chose Poi. Cute! I also asked her what she wanted Poi to grow to be, and she smiled and said she would leave it up to me. That made me nervous. I hope I don’t disappoint her!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Music Stars

Boten and I spent almost all day practicing with our bands. We wanted our Pro Debuts badly! I can’t even think about going to Tamatown without at least making it to pro. I couldn’t face my parents. It was a little disenheartening to receive hate mail today. Every time the mail man came this afternoon I got an envelope of poop. Who sends poop in the mail? I can’t believe the mail man couldn’t smell it.

Boten came over for some omelets, and I told him about all the hate mail I received. He looked at me indifferently. He had received some as well, but he did not appear perturbed about it. I asked him how he could just brush it off. He shrugged and said, “What are you supposed to do when someone says you aren’t any good? It’s easy. You prove them wrong.”

It’s so simple, yet when I searched for the answer, all I did was defeat my own purpose. After we finished eating, we immediately went back to work. We both made our pro debuts, and I even made it to number 1 in the Latin genre! Boten hasn’t made it to number one yet, but we are both confident he will hit it tomorrow.

*The one on the left is like a mini Simon Cowell!*

Boten was completely right. We made it. My whole life I always felt that I understood things better because I could express myself better than Boten, but every day that we get closer to becoming super stars, the more he becomes the wise person I have always tried to be. He is filling role I had thought to take, and giving me the love and support I had thought to provide. Oh how our roles change in the great scheme of life.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Nano Dino
Arnie

Arnie is still extremely needy. I’m wondering if he will ever grow out of this phase. Lucky for me, he did not throw any tantrums today. He just begged for drumsticks. Of course to keep him happy, I indulged him once again. I’m going to raise one bratty T-Rex! Not much has changed with him. He still looks the same. I’m not sure if he will grow bigger or not. He did have another cake tonight, and he ate it once again before I could take a picture of it. I scolded him for eating it too quickly, but he just licked his lips and moved on. *sigh* What a head strong dino!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Today I decided to delve into the world of racing, and I purchased two race cars! Hee hee. I can’t wait to try these out! I will definitely log my progress with them!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

This also came in today. It's a lot of fun so far. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 27 2009, 06:04 AM #7

Not much has happened because I've had a lot of school work, so I've kept Kota and Boten on pause. I just have about 1 more day with them, and then I'll keep them on pause until I want to run them again. Music stars are a lot of fun, but they are a bit too much work to run for a few generations.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Mokoshi and Poi

Mokoshi left her beautiful baby girl with me. I noticed that there was just a single z this morning, so I knew Mokoshi had returned to Tama town. I will miss her!

Poi woke up crying her eyes out. With the Ura-Tamas, the parents seem to stay much longer, so the children get to know them before they leave. I immediately made her some breakfast to make her feel better, and then we played some games. She seemed very happy afterward.

She's sharp as a tack. She was a baby, and yet she understood that she was to be with me now. It wasn't too long after I started to care for her that she evolved into a Shippokotchi. We immediately got her school registration papers in the mail.

We went to go meet the nanny at the preschool. She could not believe that Mokoshi had already left me a little one. We talked for a bit about how time flies before Poi was complaining about being hungry.

She was able to see the nanny a few times today, and all in all this was a great first day for her. She seems even sweeter than her mother was.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Nano Dino
Arnie

Arnie had a glitch problem, so unfortunately I won't be running him anymore.

The problem I found with the Nano Dino is that I never saw any growth. He did not change in 3 days. That's pretty boring if you ask me. The main point of virtual pets is to see them grow and prosper. So, in any case, if I'm in the mood for a dinosaur, I'm going to bring out my Dinkie Dino.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I wanted to start my color tama soon, so I pulled it out of storage. I haven't run it since April, and it hasn't had any batteries since then. So I put new batteries in, and then it brought up the reset/download screen. This confused me, because from what I remember, if you take the batteries out long enough, you can't download anymore. . . Am I just stupid and missing something? I downloaded and got my seventh generation tama back from April.

My next project is to test and see which tamas can do this and which can't. I know it will only be all the newer ones, and not the 90s versions, but I had no idea they could do that! :memetchi:

I also got my pack of batteries in the mail! I'm still waiting for my AG13's, but I did get in the CR2032's. I bought 20 for 2.99 including shipping. Not bad! I tested them with a multimeter just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong, and they work perfect. Yay!

sureq
Tama Zone High ranks
sureq
Tama Zone High ranks

Oct 27 2009, 06:18 AM #8

Great log. I like reading about your nano dino - makes me want one =D
Virtual pet list: videos here

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Oct 31 2009, 10:23 PM #9

sureq - Thanks! I'm hoping to mess around with him a little more soon to figure out what went wrong.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Gen 2 - Poi

Poi was such a great toddler. Time completely flew by, and before I knew it, she was graduating from pre-school. Her teacher could hardly believe it either. She was very sad to see her go, but I promised her that before she can miss Poi for very long, we will be sending Poi’s daughter to her classroom! I don’t think that thought comforted her very much. . . Oops!

She evolved into a Zouritchi just like her mother!

We got her registration papers in the mail of course. She really wanted to check out her new school and meet her new teacher, so we headed off to the school. She has a different teacher than her mother. He seems like a very nice guy, and they hit it off nicely. We continued to tour the school. She was very excited. We also got her 300 gp school grant while we were there. It was a pleasant visit.

I went a little picture crazy. Poi was a little embarrassed!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Osutchi Mesutchi Pair
Gen 1 - Yotaru and Haruna

I finally get to start up an osu/mesu pair! I’ve had these for forever, but have never been able to try them out. So here goes!

I hatched them both out, and got two Kuritchis. I named the boy, Yotaru, and I named the girl, Haruna. They were VERY needy babies. I spent about an hour after hatching them caring for them one right after the other.

They eat bowls of rice piled high and small pieces of candy. They play a flag game that is timing and not guessing based. I played lots of games with them. They ate A LOT of food, and soon after, they had evolved into Mohitamatchi. Their neediness completely dropped off, and now they are completely normal. After this, it will be interesting to see what they will grow into!

Here is a video I took of some of the menu and animations.

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

Nov 1 2009, 07:12 AM #10

Oh, you're going to love the osumesu, they're pretty neat! :) Also, unfortunately your video wouldn't load for me. :\

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Nov 1 2009, 07:36 PM #11

-Ra- @ Nov 1 2009, 03:12 AM wrote: Oh, you're going to love the osumesu, they're pretty neat! :) Also, unfortunately your video wouldn't load for me. :\

Ra,
It didn't load after you clicked it? Hmm... I'll have to work on that.

Hannadzor
Tama Zone High ranks
Hannadzor
Tama Zone High ranks

Nov 8 2009, 03:24 PM #12

Great log you have here, The Breat! ^_^
The OsuMesu Tamagotchis look like a lot of fun; I'm thinking about getting one. Also, the design on your UraTama is adorable! Sometimes I wonder why I got the blindingly bright yellow design on mine, lol.

Just wondering, but where did you buy the batteries? At Target, I'd only get one battery for 2.99! :argh:

~Hannad~

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Nov 10 2009, 10:26 PM #13

Hannadzor @ Nov 8 2009, 11:24 AM wrote: Great log you have here, The Breat! ^_^
The OsuMesu Tamagotchis look like a lot of fun; I'm thinking about getting one. Also, the design on your UraTama is adorable! Sometimes I wonder why I got the blindingly bright yellow design on mine, lol.

Just wondering, but where did you buy the batteries? At Target, I'd only get one battery for 2.99! :argh:

~Hannad~
I bought them off of ebay. You can get a great price shipping them from Hong Kong. I also bought 50 AG13 batteries for about $3.50. I would definitely suggest everyone give it a shot!

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Nov 14 2009, 06:47 AM #14

It’s that time again for a LOG UPDATE! I had a busy weekend with my ceremony and reception, then playing catch up for the next week in school (two projects and a field trip – yes, a field trip in college), but I’m back with my little babies, and ready to start logging again!

I hope to look back on this some day and remember how crazy things used to be!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Gen. 2,3 - Poi and Tetsuro

Poi evolved into a Tsukkomitchi (like I had hoped/worked for), and she made the decision to skip a career and look forward to motherhood. She knew exactly what she wanted just like her mother. She did have a different preference, however.

The matchmaker came, and she immediately turned her away. I didn’t know what she was doing since she wanted a baby. We went to Tama Town, and she got a matchmaker coupon. I realized she wanted a Bikkuri baby. I was very excited of course. I have always wanted a Bikkuri. She used the coupon and before I knew it, there was a little Bikkuritchi looking up at me.

She had a baby boy, and he is SO CUTE! I can’t stand it! I could not wait to hold him. He is such a sweet heart! Poi was very happy. As everyone knows, with a new baby, it means the parent is going to leave. Poi and I had a fun-filled day playing with her little baby, but unfortunately she left.

I now have a gorgeous little Bikkuri in my care. I named him Tetsuro which I think matches just how darn cute he is. He evolved into a Tsuetchi, and he was even cuter!! He has figured out that I will give him whatever he wants, so when we go to the grocery store, he wants everything! Of course I indulge him. How can I not with that adorable little face? He’s just too much!

It was not long until he started growing up. It always seems like it’s too soon, but you have to let them grow up! He evolved into a Kabotchi. Once again, so cute!! We got his registration papers like usual, and I took him to school. I could tell he was excited about learning, but still nervous if not a little apprehensive. Once his teacher came to meet him, he knew everything was going to be ok. They got along very well, but the Tama teachers are always very good. Our little ones get so attached to them!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Osutchi/Mesutchi
Gen. 1 - Yotaru and Haruna

Yotaru and Haruna evolved into a Hawainotchi and Hawaikotchi. Cute! I ended up disappointed, however. I did not think I had taken bad care of them, but they evolved into Megatchi and Gankotchi. These two are some of my least favorite characters. It’s never fun to get something you don’t like. I’m going to wait until they can mate and hope for something good the next round.

I didn't get a picture of them as adults, but I will next post.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I plan to finish the last day of my music stars soon. I have had to keep them on pause lately, because it takes a lot of work to get their points all the way up and get all the trophies and such. So when my schooling slows down a bit I will finish that generation up.

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

Nov 17 2009, 05:10 AM #15

I'm going to pause my other tamas for a bit while I participate in the Multi-Version hatch. See you there!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ura-Tama
Tetsuro

This morning Tetsuro and I were sitting down to breakfast. I had made him some omu-rice. He had evolved into a Gosutchi, so he was in a very good mood. I asked him if he would like to take a trip before he had to get a job. He was very excited, and said he wanted to go to Mame City. I then brought up that we could go see his mother on our way home. His eyes lit up with excitement and all he talked about for the next two hours was everything he was going tell his mom.

It took a long time to get all of our travel plans in order. I don't read Japanese, so it was a little bit of an ordeal to make sure our trip went smoothly. When we arrived, the cityscape was amazing. I have to hand it to the city planners, they can cram so much into so little space.

He did not know where to go first, so I said we would start at one end and continue our way through the whole town until we got to the gift shop. One of the first things we did was to get his picture taken at the tower. This was where I had to most trouble during our trip. In order to get the picture the photographer had taken, I had to join a Japanese website. That was a bigger ordeal than it sounds since I do not read a stitch of Japanese, but I wanted to give him a good memory, so I took out about an hour just trying to get it for him!

We were getting really tired by the time we got to tthe gift shop. I didn't get a picture of the interior like I should have, but I was worn out after all that walking! I told him he could pick out whatever he wanted. He took the next 20 minutes trying to decide what he wanted while I just sat on a bench outside! He finally purchased a cellphone which I thought was very economical on his part, and we set off for his mother's house.

His mother was thrilled when she opened the door. I wondered if we should have called before going over, but she was too happy to mind. They spent 45 minutes just catching up on what we did in Mame city. We sat and talked for a while. She had made some tea for us, and even had him do some chores for her! They were sad when we had to leave, but he promised it would not be long before he would be moving to Tama Town. That made me a little sad! :)

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Yotaru and Haruna still won't mate. No big updates on them of course. They are adults, but won't mate yet. Grr!