Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

7:53 PM - Feb 07, 2015 #46

Oh BTW I forgot to mention. For those interested in lovesuratchi it was offered on touch spots through Japan too (I've got it sitting on a 4U waiting to get dumped) I'll will make it available when I've dumped it. So you don't have to buy It from the App shop.
There is a free version that is/was distributed through touchspots through japan.
This free version will be available through the English app soon.

Also if anyone wants to donate/lend one of those free promotional touch card/spot so it can be offered through the English app then please PM me.
Mr.Blinky
Twitter | You Tube | Instagram

8:50 PM - Feb 07, 2015 #47

What about the PakuPaku Candy one? Someone here has it and was about to offer it to you just before that whole mess happened. Do you remember who that was? Maybe you can ask him/her for it now?

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

2:49 AM - Feb 08, 2015 #48

Mr.Blinky @ Feb 7 2015, 02:53 PM wrote: Oh BTW I forgot to mention. For those interested in lovesuratchi it was offered on touch spots through Japan too (I've got it sitting on a 4U waiting to get dumped) I'll will make it available when I've dumped it. So you don't have to buy It from the App shop.

Also if anyone wants to donate/lend a promotional touch card/spot so it can be offered through the English app then please PM me.
DO NOT GIVE AWAY ANY DLC THAT BANDAI NORMALLY CHARGES FOR.

Do not interpret the recent turn of events to mean that software piracy is allowed.

Only DLC that Bandai normally gives away for free may be redistributed.

Giving away DLC that Bandai normally charges for is piracy and will not be tolerated. That would be a violation of section 3.1a of our hosting service's terms of use. The full terms can be seen by clicking the Terms of Use link at the very bottom of this page.

Myiko
Babytchi
Myiko
Babytchi

10:03 AM - Feb 08, 2015 #49

binary @ Feb 8 2015, 03:49 AM wrote:
Mr.Blinky @ Feb 7 2015, 02:53 PM wrote: Oh BTW I forgot to mention. For those interested in lovesuratchi it was offered on touch spots through Japan too (I've got it sitting on a 4U waiting to get dumped) I'll will make it available when I've dumped it. So you don't have to buy It from the App shop.

Also if anyone wants to donate/lend a promotional touch card/spot so it can be offered through the English app then please PM me.

Do not interpret the recent turn of events to mean that software piracy is allowed.

Giving away DLC that Bandai normally charges for is piracy and will not be tolerated. That would be a violation of section 3.1a of our hosting service's terms of use. The full terms can be seen by clicking the Terms of Use link at the very bottom of this page.
The Lovesoratchi set Mr.Blinky has is not the one on the purchasable section of the Japanese app, ir is the one found on Japan's touch spots for free, so ir tecnically is content Bandai gave for free xD

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

12:04 PM - Feb 08, 2015 #50

I saw that statement, however the key phrase here is "So you don't have to buy It from the App shop."

Considering that Bandai may offer the same or similar DLC "for free" and for a charge, I've come up with some guidelines.

(1) Bandai offers "X" DLC for free through a touchspot at a free-to-attend time-limited event (e.g. in TamaDepa Harajuku), and offers it as chargeable DLC from their app store. In this case my understanding is that we should be allowed to redistributed "X" if we clearly mark it as "this is the one from the touchspot."

(2) Bandai offers "Y" DLC for free through a touchspot at a pay-to-attend time-limited event. (e.g. Toy Expo), and offers it as chargeable DLC from their app store. In this situation, we may be allowed to redistribute "Y", however it's a bit of a grey area because theoretically Bandai could claim that part of the price of admission to the event paid for that DLC.

Feel free to debate these guidelines. I'm open to logical argument.

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

12:30 PM - Feb 08, 2015 #51

binary @ Feb 8 2015, 04:49 AM wrote:Only DLC that Bandai normally gives away for free may be redistributed.
That's exactly my policy.

I understand my earlier post gave the wrong impression. So I've edited it.

The Lovelitchi character I will be offering is the free touch spot version that was released around xmas.

I will not offer any content that can only be bought through the Japanese app or from retail touch 4U cards.
Mr.Blinky

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

12:58 PM - Feb 08, 2015 #52

binary @ Feb 8 2015, 02:04 PM wrote:I saw that statement, however the key phrase here is "So you don't have to buy It from the App shop."

Considering that Bandai may offer the same or similar DLC "for free" and for a charge, I've come up with some guidelines.

(1) Bandai offers "X" DLC for free through a touchspot at a free-to-attend time-limited event (e.g. in TamaDepa Harajuku), and offers it as chargeable DLC from their app store. In this case my understanding is that we should be allowed to redistributed "X" if we clearly mark it as "this is the one from the touchspot."

(2) Bandai offers "Y" DLC for free through a touchspot at a pay-to-attend time-limited event. (e.g. Toy Expo), and offers it as chargeable DLC from their app store. In this situation, we may be allowed to redistribute "Y", however it's a bit of a grey area because theoretically Bandai could claim that part of the price of admission to the event paid for that DLC.

Feel free to debate these guidelines. I'm open to logical argument.
I expressed myself wrongly there. What I was trying to say was something like:

You will have a choice between playing with the free touchspot version or purchasing the version from the app store and enjoy that one.

I don't know the differences between the app store version and the free touch spot version because I have not purchased the app version. But I do know that they do look similar when I look at the app store preview images and the images on my 4U including the hat accessory and binoculars toy.

I'd say it's definitely class 'X' then as the person who bought the 4U for me and downloaded the touch spot items got it from a toystore or tamadepa (he went to too many stores to remember exactly) But he sure didn't pay any admission fees there :)
Mr.Blinky

Takura
Adult

6:12 PM - Feb 08, 2015 #53

binary @ Feb 8 2015, 04:49 AM wrote:

*waves* No, absolutely everything on the app is allowed to be disturbed. That goes for the paid content as well. The only thing Bandai can do is change and/or encrypt their servers further. Nothing is piracy or not allowed with Google hosted app, since third parties agrees to its open source terms before publishing stuff there.

That said, they are already making close to zero money out of the app anyway. Touch Spots are completely free of charge.

However if Tama-Zone condone such behavior, that's up to y'all.

Myiko
Babytchi
Myiko
Babytchi

10:44 PM - Feb 08, 2015 #54

thank you for the information Takura!
That means it should be fine to upload Characters like Lovesoratchi, since he was free to some people, it would just be fair to get him to be free to everyone, at least that's the way I see it :D

We don't wanna add the purchasable content because it would be unfair to the people who actually wants to buy it, but any kind of content that appears from free in touch spots or free promotional cards should be fine to redistribute :memetchi:

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

11:42 PM - Feb 08, 2015 #55

The Santa rolatchi touch card set is now available in the English App too! Thanks for making the banner so fast Myiko.

The card set contains a minigame too.

Talking about mini games there are currently 13 mini games available through hotspots. the last 5 of those are already accounted for (3 of them still needs to get dumped though).
Mr.Blinky

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

1:02 AM - Feb 09, 2015 #56

Takura @ Feb 8 2015, 01:12 PM wrote: *waves* No, absolutely everything on the app is allowed to be disturbed. That goes for the paid content as well. The only thing Bandai can do is change and/or encrypt their servers further. Nothing is piracy or not allowed with Google hosted app, since third parties agrees to its open source terms before publishing stuff there.

That said, they are already making close to zero money out of the app anyway. Touch Spots are completely free of charge.

I don't understand that logic. It sounds like you're saying all apps on Google Play should be available for free. But if that's so, then why does Google allow the app vendors to set a price?

Can you please provide a transcipt of the judge's ruling?

Purimatchi
Adult

5:42 AM - Feb 09, 2015 #57

Is it Ok to Download the app again? I feel kinda leery, not because of y'all, but because of BanDai...
Thanks Sam on Tamacraze for my Avatar!

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

1:20 PM - Feb 09, 2015 #58

binary @ Feb 9 2015, 03:02 AM wrote:I don't understand that logic. It sounds like you're saying all apps on Google Play should be available for free. But if that's so, then why does Google allow the app vendors to set a price?

Maybe we should give Takura a break. He's been through a lot.

It doesn't matter anyway. I will not put any content in the English app that is only available through in app purchases (or retail touch 4u cards).

Anyway after all the recent events. I'm very happy that we can use the English app again and I will continue to support it. When I'm done with my main P's projects I can offer some cool 4U projects through it too ;)
Mr.Blinky

Takura
Adult

3:19 PM - Feb 09, 2015 #59

binary @ Feb 9 2015, 03:02 AM wrote:
Takura @ Feb 8 2015, 01:12 PM wrote: *waves* No, absolutely everything on the app is allowed to be disturbed. That goes for the paid content as well. The only thing Bandai can do is change and/or encrypt their servers further. Nothing is piracy or not allowed with Google hosted app, since third parties agrees to its open source terms before publishing stuff there.

*snort* No, Google open source.

Whatever, do as you please. I'm done with the 4U & anything related to it either way. Best of luck you guys!

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

12:15 AM - Feb 12, 2015 #60

Takura-san, thank you for your assistance with the 4U.
Mr.Blinky @ Feb 9 2015, 08:20 AM wrote:It doesn't matter anyway. I will not put any content in the English app that is only available through in app purchases (or retail touch 4u cards).
Thank you. Our hosting provider should not have any complaint against us if we stick to that policy.