6:18 AM - Dec 31, 2014 #31

gurlstrange @ Dec 31 2014, 01:43 AM wrote: Could someone make this available for the LG G3?
Same answer you got a few minutes ago in the other forum. It can't be done. It's not the app that's the problem. It's your PHONE'S NFC CHIP that's incompatible with the TAMAGOTCHI'S NFC.

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

1:41 PM - Dec 31, 2014 #32

For those who don't have the Rolatchi Card, you should check out the Promotions menu ;)
Mr.Blinky
Twitter | You Tube | Instagram

9:08 PM - Jan 01, 2015 #33

Mr.Blinky @ Dec 31 2014, 11:41 PM wrote: For those who don't have the Rolatchi Card, you should check out the Promotions menu ;)
Holy peanuts! Amazing :haha:

I would assume you will do the same thing with the other 3 cards when you get your hands on them, right?

BTW, I was wondering if you could make the sprites that you ripped from the 4u available for download. I would like to start creating my own characters ahead of time :heart:
Igel <3

CrochetGirl
Babytchi
CrochetGirl
Babytchi

10:41 PM - Jan 02, 2015 #34

Any idea if a nexus 3 would work???

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

1:10 AM - Jan 03, 2015 #35

CrochetGirl @ Jan 3 2015, 12:41 AM wrote:Any idea if a nexus 3 would work???
I've written a small script that searches through the serverlogs for devices that can successfully download items to a 4U and devices that have not downloaded items to a 4U yet (most likely they are not able to download them).

Nexus 3 is a Samsung Galaxy right?

I've seen two Samsung Galaxy phones that have not downloaded items to a 4U yet.

My script doesn't handle countries yet so I'm not able to tell at the moment which countries/region they where from.Will see if I can improve the script and add country support and make a little database out of it sometime.
Mr.Blinky
Twitter &#124; You Tube &#124; Instagram

CrochetGirl
Babytchi
CrochetGirl
Babytchi

1:30 AM - Jan 03, 2015 #36

Thanks for the response Mr.Blinky! :) trying to buy a device that will support the app. PS great job on all the tama projects you have worked on!!!

Nytshaed
Adult

6:55 AM - Jan 03, 2015 #37

Mr.Blinky @ Dec 23 2014, 07:51 AM wrote:
List of NFC compatible devices:
  • Nexus 7 2013 version Android 4.3 up to 5.0.1 any region
  • Nexus 6 Android 5.0.1 United States
  • Nexus 5 Android 5.0.1 Australia
  • Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4 - 5.0.1 Europe
  • Sony Xperia Z Ultra SOL24 Android 4.2.2 Japan
  • Sony Xperia Z1 SOL23 Android 4.4.2 Japan
  • HTC_B810x Android 4.4.4 Asia
  • HTC_D816x Android 4.4.2 Asia
  • HTC One E8 Android Android 4.4.2 Singapore
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Android 4.4.2 United States
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R7 Android 4.4.2 United States
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T Android 4.4.2 United States
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 Android 4.4.2 Canada
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A Android 4.4.4 United States
(If you got a tablet/phone that can successfully send downloads to a 4U then please let me know the Make, Model number,Region and Android version so I can add it to list)
OK, before I take the plunge and pick up a used device so I can use the app, I have a couple of questions:

Does the Cell Phone need service, or just needs to be able to power up, and connect to WiFi to be able to be used?

Can a phone with no Service be used to connect to WiFi?

Will this include phones listed with a "Bad ESN" and cannot be activated for service?

Thanks!

Nytie
Nytshaed
TamaMommatchi Since 1996

Currently running: Tamagotchi M!x Sanrio
Looking for Tama players in the 510/925! Please PM!

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

10:43 PM - Feb 06, 2015 #38

Due to recent developments, it is once again all right to continue working on the app, and edit it in any way anyone would like. Originally, the reason this topic (and further development on the app) was stunted was Alexander G. getting in trouble with Bandai, who held him responsible since he was the original person to have distributed the APK overseas.

However, it was assumed once Mr. Blinky had ceased any further work on the app that Alexander G. would no longer be held accountable for anything and left in peace. Alas, it apparently did not quite turn out that way. Unable to touch Mr. Blinky in Europe, Bandai decided to go after Alexander G. instead, who was conveniently residing in Japan.

They actually took him to court! :O:

Thankfully, the verdict was ruled in his favor as his attorney had assured him it would, and Bandai lost the case. As no profit of any kind is being made off of the app, Bandai had no ground to stand on. Therefore, Alexander G. has been told by the court and in accordance with the law, that it is perfectly legal to do with the app as we would like.

I'm absolutely appalled by Bandai's actions in this matter, and have lost all respect for them. To have persecuted an individual who had nothing to do with development of the English app just because his geographical location was more convenient is simply inexplicable. Anyway, here's the topic back with our blessings! Look forward to you once more tinkering with it, Mr. Blinky!

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone

11:32 PM - Feb 06, 2015 #39

Wow, that's great news! For us, for the app, but especially for Takura. I thought it was horrible the way Bandai was blaming him. Thanks for the info, Ra!

Well, I look forward to the development of the 4U app, but to be honest, I look forward to the P's final english patch more. We've been waiting for that one for so long. I like my 4Us, but they're nowhere as much fun as an english version P's that we can read and understand.

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

11:56 PM - Feb 06, 2015 #40

Yes it's totally awesome! :D

Thanks for reviving the Topic Ra. I've just reactivated the backend server. Some changes where made to the backend server that are incompatible with the previous version (1.0.12) You will need to download and update the latest app (1.0.13) manually.

Note that the most recent downloadable items are not added yet. I'll update those later.

You can get it from here

@Tinkerville sorry for making you wait too long.
Mr.Blinky

3:17 AM - Feb 07, 2015 #41

Mr.Blinky @ Feb 6 2015, 06:56 PM wrote:Thanks for reviving the Topic Ra.
Yes, thank you for re-opening this topic.
You will need to download and update the latest app (1.0.13) manually.

You can get it from here
I'm going to download it now. It won't overwrite the items I already have stored in the previous version, will it? (I never removed the old one from my Nexus)
@Tinkerville sorry for making you wait too long.
No worries :-) I'm just excited that you're going to be working on it now :-)

mawaru
Child

9:54 AM - Feb 07, 2015 #42

I'm glad the topic is back, and happy for everyone involved (but poor Takura! Oh god, I can't imagine the stress...)

Urgh, Bandai. I don't know what to think any more...

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

1:45 PM - Feb 07, 2015 #43

Tinkerville @ Feb 7 2015, 05:17 AM wrote: I'm going to download it now. It won't overwrite the items I already have stored in the previous version, will it? (I never removed the old one from my Nexus)
The app doesn't really store downloaded items. All downloads are hosted on a server. Basically the app is a just a webbrowser with NFC feature.

So new contents will be available as soon as I've updated the server. No updates needed :)

The only reason why the 1st English app version must be updated is that I've made changes to the server for easier manageability.

Will be adding the more recent items during next week as those are not that hard to do after coming back from a working day (saving the weekends for more demanding projects). Expect the Santa Rolatchi card to be available soon too. Items are already sitting on the server. Mayiko is using here talents again on making a cool banner button for it.
Mr.Blinky

klaun_666
Child

2:06 PM - Feb 07, 2015 #44

Oh!! Just realized about this app and links are down.. Well maybe someone could re upload the link :'(

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

2:26 PM - Feb 07, 2015 #45

klaun_666 @ Feb 7 2015, 04:06 PM wrote:Oh!! Just realized about this app and links are down.. Well maybe someone could re upload the link :'(
It's been up and running since yesterday. did you try the link in

this post
Mr.Blinky