Tama-Zone's New Direction

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

10:31 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #1

Recently Haze, Tama-Zone's founder, resigned his Admin position because he has not been able to be online at Tama-Zone as often as he thinks is necessary for an Admin. When announcing his decision to leave to the other Admin staff, we compared our recent experiences and were surprised to find that all of us admit to no longer being able to enjoy Tamagotchis as much as we used to. The main reason for this is that we've become too busy administering the Tama-Zone board. The Admin staff have therefore decided to make a radical change to Tama-Zone. Effective January 1, 2008, most non-Tamagotchi areas are closed.

Areas & forums to be closed down have been shuffled down the page, and made read-only. The Competitions forum and Tamagotchi Stories forum have been left open so that members can wrap-up their current competitions & stories, but no new topics will be allowed. For areas of interest that we have closed down, we recommend members join TamaTalk.

During the rearrangement of the forums, we may have broken some links. If you find a broken link, please send me a PM and provide the URL to the post which has the broken link in it. (Hint: click the word Posted: at the top of any post to get its URL.)

Our overall goal is to make Tama-Zone a meeting spot for dedicated fans; where mature people can have fun. We hope you do not feel we are taking all the fun out of Tama-Zone.

Thank you for your understanding.

EDIT: We have moved the Tamagtchi Art and Signatures/Avatars forums over to the Tamagotchi Other category for the time-being. They are still read-only - but we may look at changing this in the future if we come up with a suitable alternative. We have also re-opened Tamagotchi Stories and Competitions so that members can post in existing topics, but are not able to create new topics.
GK1

EDIT 2 - Update 21/01/08: Please read the following post for the latest information:

http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopi ... &p=2908561

tama~chu fanatic
Tama Zone High ranks
tama~chu fanatic
Tama Zone High ranks

10:38 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #2

Can we still post art in the general discussion formum?I just made something interesting with paint...
Interested in cute artwork for an updated log? and pictures too?

Clicky, right here. ^_^

10:42 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #3

I understand completely because there was a lot to watch over and keep clear of spam and stuff. But I am upset I can't finish my story.

EDIT: It just opened up to posting again. Why was it closed earlier?

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

10:44 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #4

yellowbutterfly @ Jan 1 2008, 10:42 PM wrote: I understand completely because there was a lot to watch over and keep clear of spam and stuff. But I am upset I can't finish my story.
You can - The story section is remaining open for members to wrap up their Stories (but not for New Topics).

tama~chu fanatic - The art section is closed. Discussion is not a place for art.

10:55 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #5

What's gonna be left of tama-zone? What's it gonna turn into?

\\mlh//
Please, in need of members!Pet Topia
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![IMG]

Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats
Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats

10:56 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #6

*sigh* I guess my siggy & avvie shop is closed permanently then... shame shame. I understand though, I'm sure it gets really hectic trying to keep everything from going to chaos.
:argh2: Bananna

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

11:01 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #7

moonlighthazel wrote:What's gonna be left of tama-zone? What's it gonna turn into?

\\mlh//
What you see now is Tama-Zone. Some areas have been closed to keep the site focussed on what it is for - Tamagotchi help, support and the love of Tamagotchi. As Binary says in the opening post, for members wanting to participate in the kind of areas that are now closed we recommend joining TamaTalk.

-TP-
Teen
-TP-
Teen

11:02 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #8

I completely understand. Even though you will lose a lot of members, I'm sure that it was the right choice. I'm still staying here. :D
Hello! My name is -TP-, also known as TamaPATCHI! Please PM me if you need any help whatsoever.

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

11:06 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #9

-TP- @ Jan 1 2008, 11:02 PM wrote: Even though you will lose a lot of members,
We hope that members would be here for more than just Games and Art etc.

11:16 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #10

Jeez... a lot of those topics were the ones I enjoyed most...
I know it's difficult with spam and all... but why not get more admins and mods and such? Or assign certain mods to certain forums. I just don't understand... :( I don't want to go to Tamatalk because I like it a lot here.

Kutchipatchi~candy
Tama Zone Greats
Kutchipatchi~candy
Tama Zone Greats

11:29 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #11

I think your doing the right thing, after all Tama-Zone is Tama-Zone. Even thought quite a few members will probably leave i think it is a good up grade.
~ Avatar by me, please don't steal!
Thanks Acidiica!

PootyforNicky
Tama Zone Legends
PootyforNicky
Tama Zone Legends

11:30 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #12

Man...all the topics we members who joined in the beginning come to recognize are going... But still, it could be fun, right? :pop:

11:30 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #13

Aw that is such a shame. I dont like Tamatalk very much.

*Other sites removed* - Real_Three
Thanks Acidiica!

MySwtGotchi
Adult

11:33 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #14

:( Gosh, this stinks. The fun was the main reason I joined in the first place. I guess with the loss of all things fun, I won't be on here much unless I need charts or stuff...... Oh, well. And I agree with -TP-. This will probably result in loss of member participation....... I also agree with SebiretchiFaNx0x03; if you have a bigger staff and they each do their part, Tama-Zone could still be fun. *Sigh*
-MySwtGotchi :(

(I'm Bramble~Squirrel on Tama Party!)

tamahanna
Tama Zone High ranks
tamahanna
Tama Zone High ranks

11:34 PM - Jan 01, 2008 #15

:( My o my, i just got on too see my competitions and well . . . i was so confused!? I really liked art and stories ext., because it dealed alot w/ tamagotchis and people love the games to enjoy wi'll waiting for someone to answer back to them about some things . . . BUT I WILL STAY! I had some trouble 2 years ago, but that won't stop me from not joining again, don't kno why i was banned ... but still! This is the most safest, imortantest, funnesty, helpingest, bestest site ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even better than YOUTUBE and GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!

:pop: I LOVE TAMAGOTCHI, AND WILL FOREVER!! NO DOUT! *don't know how to spell that word at the time*

Tama-Zone, i luv you^^
~tamahanna