blah132
Tama Zone High ranks
blah132
Tama Zone High ranks

4:19 PM - Jan 03, 2008 #76

I agree with Spudi completely. I mean it is fun to play some games once in while but not to only post in those topics. Like she said if you want to relax go to a games site! I have been to the games section recently to see if there were any new games (before it was closed of course) and some of the topics were just saying that they were copied and that the topics should be deleted. The fun section isn't everything about this site. I recently got to V4.5's and are reading the topics about them to find out more information.

cyann
Tama Zone Immortals
cyann
Tama Zone Immortals

4:55 PM - Jan 03, 2008 #77

I am not sure why people think they can't socialize any more. We still have the General discussion forum, and the Tamagotchi discussion forum.

The boards that are being phased out were dragging us down, and dragging us away from our core purpose, which is creating the best Tamagotchi resources on the web, and creating interesting, informative Tamagotchi blogs. Those who were here to play spammy games, post (forgive me) terrible artwork, and request dozens of signature graphics that they don't intend to use, really don't fit with the purpose of this board. Tama Zone is for serious Tamagotchi fans, and we've gotten away from that.

We absolutely understand if people don't want to come here any more. However, I do want to warn people that our rules regarding recruitment are in full effect and members caught violating them will have their PM and posting privileges restricted.
[ My FooPets | My Moshi | My Log | My Neopets ]

Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats
Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats

5:08 PM - Jan 03, 2008 #78

Personally, it was the immediate shock that got me upset about this change at first. I was very proud of my shop.

However, this could be a very efficient way of "weeding out" the members that were here for the wrong reasons. I'm sure there were people here only to get avatars and signatures and then just leave to their other kiddie forums (no insult meant, but some forums are directed at a younger audience). With this change, those people will probably solely be the ones to leave, with the exception of a few originally dedicated members.

I'm upset at what some people are saying on the "Introductions and Departures" board though. It looks like some are just looking for attention and sympathy (pity) by saying things like "I'm gonna leave unless people tell me to stay!. That's not a nice way of doing things.

But now I'm ranting. All i have to say is that people need to look at this from a broader perspective. This is for the good of the community, and in turn it will also get rid of the people that were not here for Tama Zone.

:) Bananna

Twinklesolit
Tama Zone High ranks
Twinklesolit
Tama Zone High ranks

5:36 PM - Jan 03, 2008 #79

spudilike @ Jan 3 2008, 01:47 PM wrote:
We know there were a few members who did follow the rules, and didn't cause us any problems, and as GK1 said, we are trying to find a way to address that situation. But we need to work through some ideas.
I understand now. If you want to join, you join for the fun of the tamagotchi! Not just games that waste your time. Well...... if people who only go on the 'Fun' section leave, then that means that we have more serious tamagotchi fans. I think we shuld stick with this for now.

P.S Are you looking for a solution? Well:

Maybe you could still make the games and other things that people just join for and put a password, and then when some member is helpful in this forum, an admin could PM the password to the person, but they have to promise not to share it.

spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals
spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals

6:11 PM - Jan 03, 2008 #80

Password only forums are not an option.

Hidatchi
Tama Zone High ranks
Hidatchi
Tama Zone High ranks

8:36 PM - Jan 03, 2008 #81

I'm staying. The reason I joined was for the tamagotchi forums. If someone joined TZ for
the other things, there was no point in joining a tamagotchi forum. I like the way TZ has changed.

PockyGirl
Adult

12:40 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #82

GK1 @ Jan 3 2008, 03:57 PM wrote: We have also decided to close Signatures and Avatars along with Tamagotchi Art because there was so much bickering/tale-telling/accusations of copying and immature behaviour amongst some of the (most likely younger, and in fact underage) members.
I'm not saying I blame you guys for getting rid of Avatars and Signatures, just was saying I'd miss it. Most of the artwork was just ok. Once in a while a member would come along who was actually talented(Muse, Acidicca, Tamago_egg) I liked what Acidicca suggested about putting "Pm me for Artwork" in your signature if you still want to make art for other users to use.

I like the road Tama-Zone is taking.
I'll show up now and then.

tamago_egg
Adult

7:15 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #83

Well, I respect your decision, It really is not fair that your tamagotchi-loving time turns into tama-zone-administrating time, but when you became admin, I thought (NO OFFENSES HERE) that you guys knew what you had to do, like you know, sacrifice and stuff. I'm kind OK with you removing those topics, but I think some people will REALLY miss them, I mean, I agree with Acidiica, I liked my shop and was proud of it.

But I know you guys made the right choice.
<-- Come to my shop!

7:18 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #84

I think this is quite a excellent idea. This website is called Tama Zone, obviously it is a website based on tamagotchis. The staff were very kind to make other forums non-tamagotchi based. These forums could be quite un-necessary. After all,we did join this forum to chat about tamagotchis....
Hello fellow Tama Lovers! I am very new to this forum. I am very interested in tamas and hope to make some friends who enjoy the same toy as me-tamagotchis!

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

8:39 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #85

tamago_egg @ Jan 4 2008, 05:15 PM wrote: but when you became admin, I thought (NO OFFENSES HERE) that you guys knew what you had to do, like you know, sacrifice and stuff.
Yes, and while it was manageable, we were perfectly fine with performing our daily duties to keep this place running smoothly. However, the more popular we got, unfortunately, the more immature (and most likely underage) members we got. We "also" love tamagotchis, and we "also" like to put some of our time into pursuing our hobbies, however, recently with the amount of nonsense we had to clean and deal with here, it became "all" about monitoring and managing, and NO tamagotchi time. I'm sure then you can understand why we made this decision in the end.

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone

cutie_pop
Teen

9:21 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #86

I see why those forums are closed. :( Oh well...it doesn't really matter that much to me since I don't really go onto those forums anyway. I find the Tama logs more interesting. ^^

tamago_egg
Adult

11:29 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #87

cyann @ Jan 2 2008, 10:36 AM wrote: Remember that there are sites for serious artists such as DeviantArt, where our talented members can set up an account. They're much better equipped to handle the issues that arise when artists create their galleries and shops. Even a photobucket would be a fine place to display Tamagotchi art.
First of all, I respect your decision. So no complaints here. JUST QUESTIONS.

The topics that are being closed down are mostly about tamagotchi art. I know we artists can go to other sites like those mentioned here (DeviantArt, Photobucket), but our art, since they are tamagotchi related, will not be fully appreciated, or at least, will not get the same amount of appreciation than from Tama-zone, where tama art appreciators stay. So its not exactly the same, is it?

Next, your reason for closing down is because as the site got more popular, more kids joined and started complaining, but I don't exactly complain to the admin if other people copy my work or whatever, I take care of it myself.

Well, its ok.

:wink: Tamago_egg :wink:
<-- Come to my shop!

spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals
spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals

11:54 AM - Jan 04, 2008 #88

As we have said several times in this thread, we are *trying* to come up with a solution.

All we know is, things, as they were, weren't working.

If we were really mean we would have just deleted those art topics straight off- but we do care about the good art that is within them, and we need to work out how to have a 'happy' art environment, rather than a 'bickering' one.

You may sort out your own problems, but many don't.

Just look through the tamagotchi art and you'll see what I mean.

ribbon
Adult

7:30 PM - Jan 04, 2008 #89

spudilike @ Jan 4 2008, 09:54 PM wrote: As we have said several times in this thread, we are *trying* to come up with a solution.

All we know is, things, as they were, weren't working.

If we were really mean we would have just deleted those art topics straight off- but we do care about the good art that is within them, and we need to work out how to have a 'happy' art environment, rather than a 'bickering' one.

You may sort out your own problems, but many don't.

Just look through the tamagotchi art and you'll see what I mean.
Spudi- they still have the contest area open don't they? If so then they should be able to sill produce art work there! =]

Well, we may have lotst some members, but the ones that are true Tamagotchi fans have stayed. ;)

I wouldn't lose all faith, as Tama-zone as for Tamagotchi's originally. :D

2:21 AM - Jan 05, 2008 #90

Um i'm not sure if somebody asked this already... but what about the guide to pixeling and the other stuff? Because I want to try it when i have time which is really not right now...
<--M*M*A/Tama 1 is my log&#092;Others=future tams