Tama-Go Contest

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

10:59 AM - Aug 07, 2010 #1

Are you having trouble finding the Tama-Go in your local toy shop?

Here's your chance to get a free Tama-Go directly from Bandai America!

Bandai America is sponsoring a Tama-Go competition here on Tama-Zone. There are two prize packages available to be won.

1. Grand Prize: a Tama-Go*, a complete set of all six Gotchi Figures, and a Tama-Go carrying case
2. Prize for First Runner-Up: a Tama-Go* and a Gotchi Figure*
* randomly selected color/pattern

We would like to see artwork related to the new Tama-Go! This can be anything and everything that has to do with the Tama-Go products, characters and etc! Be original, be creative and most importantly, have fun!

Rules:
1. Only members residing in USA or Canada are eligible to win. (Sorry, but it is fair, considering the contest sponsor is Bandai America.)
2. Entries must be Tama-Go themed, and no larger than 600 x 600 pixels.
3. Art must be original (we will not tolerate plagiarism) and entries must be new art work that was created specifically for this contest.
4. Entries must appear in replies in this topic.
5. The winners will be chosen by Tama-Zone staff.
6. The contest starts today and ends midnight August 22 (Pacific Time Zone) -- with winners announced shortly after that date.
7. Don't spam up this topic. There's a separate topic for feedback and contest discussion here

Good luck in the contest, and have fun!

Hidatchi
Tama Zone High ranks
Hidatchi
Tama Zone High ranks

5:28 AM - Aug 08, 2010 #2

I'm not eligible to win (I don't live in USA or Canada), but I couldn't let you have all that contest fun to yourselves!

Think of it as inspiration, or maybe just an entry that can't win. Either way, it's a figurine of Hidatchi, compatible with a Tama-Go.

Matt-BB9659
Adult

1:55 AM - Aug 09, 2010 #3

Here is mine, :lol: Since I really like Kuchipatchi (being that he is one of my favorite characters) I decided to do him breaking off the Tama-Go cartridge trying to get his hamburger!

Yes I live in one of the two countries!

EDIT: I don't know If I'm supposed to post it here D: Thanks Binary!

Power-light
Tama Zone High ranks
Power-light
Tama Zone High ranks

3:46 PM - Aug 10, 2010 #4

I'm from America, and this is my contest entry, this was done by ToonBoom Studio, not by any Adobe software! :haha:

Kizatchi wants to be Tama-Go, but too bad he didn't appear in this virtrual pet game.. :(

Tamakisser
Tama Zone High ranks
Tamakisser
Tama Zone High ranks

11:46 PM - Aug 11, 2010 #5

I live in the U.S.A. Here is my submission!

*Edit put a better version up. Sorry It's my first time with GIMP2 I'm not use to it yet. :P

sukatchi
Tama Zone Greats
sukatchi
Tama Zone Greats

1:53 AM - Aug 12, 2010 #6

Here's my entry:

When you're not looking the tama-go figurines come to life and play with... The tama-go! ;)

tamaaddict22
Tama Zone Greats
tamaaddict22
Tama Zone Greats

9:21 PM - Aug 12, 2010 #7

Here is my entry!

Let me explain a little. This Tama-Go is more Japan themed and aimed at teen boys, instead of tween girls. Not only would I show this off to my friends, I think it would be a great seller if BanDai marketed it! (Of course tweeking it a little bit ;]) I mean seriously guys, unless your friends are Tamagotchi lovers like you, you aren't going to show off your new Tama-Go in the carrying case that looks like a purse! :haha:

Hope you like it!

I will hopefully enter another entry, but drawn on paper =)

^Featured in the "Tama-Zone Great Log Index"
^^(Literally) thousands of pictures!

~
YouTube: /user/Tamaaddict22
@tamaaddict22
TamaTown ID: TA2277

Violetchi_Kuchipatchi
Tama Zone High ranks
Violetchi_Kuchipatchi
Tama Zone High ranks

4:33 PM - Aug 15, 2010 #8

My entry is kinda busy.

Please join! We need a money system.

thebreat
Tama Zone Greats
thebreat
Tama Zone Greats

11:15 PM - Aug 21, 2010 #9

And at the last minute, here is my entry.

There are a few pictures since it's a sculpture instead of a 2D image.

Good luck, everyone!

Piqutchi
Adult

2:23 AM - Aug 22, 2010 #10

Well, here's my entry (And right on time, too! Phew...). Like I said in the feedback board, this is inspired by WiTF (Waluigi in The Family), which is part of Brawl in The Family, a webcomic by Matthew Tarranto

For instance, I took either directly or slightly modified some of Waluigi's lines in that comic. Also, the Bandai and WiTF logos are based on the ones from Bandai.com and the WiTF site, respectively. I'm not sure if I directly copy/pasted any images from another site or not; I don't really think so, though.

I know it's too tall (705px I think instead of 600px), but it's pretty much crushed-in there since I tried to reduce the size, and it'd look a lot prettier if it weren't for that same size limit.

An image I was planning on using for this, but ended up not using [A larger picture of WaluiKinotchi (?)] I think I will make my next avatar, and I will email Matthew Tarranto about what I did to see if he approves/what he thinks.

EDIT: HERE'S the full-size version.

EDIT 2: I shrunk the image a tiny bit, but it's still 703px tall.

Tama-Love
Tama Zone High ranks
Tama-Love
Tama Zone High ranks

2:38 AM - Aug 22, 2010 #11

Fantastic entries, everyone; we truly have a talented community here on Tama-Zone. :D

Anyways, here's my entry:

I was definitely inspired by my vacation in San Francisco, and I thought that this would be a cool way to summarize my trip, with my Tama-Go. :) I call it "Postcards from Tama-Go."; it's sort of like a collage of photographs put into a poster-style configuration. I was lucky, most of the time, to catch my tama during the 'calling' screen, and caught her calling "TamaLove" (how appropriate! :]) This is definitely something I can look back on and remember what a splendid time I had, especially with school starting soon! ;)

Tama-Love

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

5:07 AM - Aug 22, 2010 #12

Today is the last day to submit your entries! This topic will be locked at midnight tonight! So if you're still working on something, please hurry and submit it!

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone

Cookiez
Babytchi
Cookiez
Babytchi

7:34 PM - Aug 22, 2010 #13

It didn't turn out as good as I hoped so if you can't read it Memetchi is saying "not again' mametchi is saying "ow..." and violetchi is saying "someone knocked over our display" :kura:

Hannadzor
Tama Zone High ranks
Hannadzor
Tama Zone High ranks

1:39 AM - Aug 23, 2010 #14

This took me quite a while to do, and I hope it's alright!
If you can't really tell what's going on, Mametchi is riding a rainbow which appeared out of the Tama-Go! I don't quite remember how this idea popped into my head, so please don't ask me. I swear I'm sane. :haha:

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

3:51 AM - Aug 23, 2010 #15

It's time everyone!

It is exactly midnight, and thus this marks the end of the 22nd of August. I'm sorry if some of you couldn't make it in time, but perhaps another time. I'm locking this topic now, and we (the staff) shall start making our decisions. We'll announce the winners soon, please remain patient during this process. :)

*topic locked for judging*

*Edit: The winners have been announced: http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopi ... &p=3395758

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone