Jester's Spacey Ver. and Melody Ver. M!X

jesterxlady
Adult

12:12 PM - Aug 01, 2016 #1

I couldn't not join in the fun of the M!X, could I? And, despite promises to myself that I would only get one (and wait until the Anniversary version was announced to make a decision), I ended up with both the Spacey and Melody versions. As they're essentially the same model (unlike, for example, the iD L E and the 15th Anni. version) and I am running them alongside each other, I have decided to log them together.

Tamagotchis (Spacey Ver.)
First Gen;
Tamabotchi -> Mittsupotchi -> Mokokotchi -> Mametchi
Married; Decoratchi

Second Gen;
Tamapatchi (yellow) -> Nanamatchi (yellow with Decoratchi berries, black) -> ?? (orange with Decoratchi berries, red) -> Gimletchi

Tamagotchis (Melody Ver.)
First Gen;
Tamabotchi -> Mittsupotchi -> Toroitchi -> Yotsubatchi
Married; Himebaratchi

Second Gen;
Tamapatchi (orange) -> Nanamatchi (yellow with Himbaratchi flowers, yellow) -> Gardentchi
Married; Kikitchi

Third Gen;
Tamapatchi -> Monkitchi
Married; Morijikatchi

Fourth Gen;
Tamabotchi -> Tsuritchi
Married; Kotohimetchi

Fifth Gen;
Tamapatchi -> Kurisumasutchi
Married;

(Note: Baby, child and teen stage names are translated by myself from the Stats screen of the Tamagotchi and therefore may be incorrect.)

jesterxlady
Adult

12:14 PM - Aug 01, 2016 #2

Unlocked Places

TamaTown was unlocked with Mittsupotchi (Spacey and Melody).
Unlocked By; first Tamagotchi becoming a child.
Tamagotchis; Mametchi, Kikitchi, Memetchi, Lovelitchi
Other;

Patchi Forest was unlocked with Mametchi (Spacey) and Yotsubatchi (Melody).
Unlocked By; visiting the Garden with an adult.
Tamagotchis; Kuchipatchi, Morijikatchi, Guriritchi
Other; New banner (Forest)

Flower Hills was unlocked with X (Spacey) and Tororitchi (Melody)
Unlocked By; Buying the Flowery Wallpaper
Tamagotchis; Himebaratchi, Butterflytchi, Yotsubatchi
Other;

Mermaid Palace was unlocked with Gimletchi (Spacey) and Monkitchi (Melody)
Unlocked By; connecting to three other M!Xes
Tamagotchis; Jellytchi, Pichipitchi, Kotohimetchi
Other; New banner (Underwater)

Rainbow Hills was unlocked with X (Spacey) and Tororitchi (Melody)
Unlocked By; Planting/Playing with Seeds (toy; from Flower Hills) in the garden
Tamagotchis; Watawatatchi, Nijifuwatchi, Pikagorotchi
Other; New banner (Rainbows), new game (Lightning Dash)

Berry Town was unlocked with X (Spacey) and Tororitchi (Melody)
Unlocked By; eating the Berry Sundae ten times.
Tamagotchis; Decoratchi, Wagashietchi
Other; New banner (Cake Deco)

Gozaru Village was unlocked with Gimletchi (Spacey) and X (Melody)
Unlocked By; using the Conch (from Mermaid Palace)
Tamagotchis; Shinobinyatchi, Gozarutchi, Bushinosuketchi
Other; New game (Sliding Puzzle)

MelodyLand was unlocked with Tororitchi (Melody)
Unlocked By; getting to third generation on Melody M!X
Tamagotchis; Meloditchi, Orchestrotchi
Other;

jesterxlady
Adult

12:15 PM - Aug 01, 2016 #3

Other Bits

Guriguritchi - Tree Doll
Himebaratchi - Badminton Racquet
Butterflytchi - Seeds
Jellytchi - Jellyfish Lamp
Pichipitchi - Conch
Kotohimetchi - Tamatebako
Decoratchi - Cake Roll

Dislikes
Jellytchi - Juggling Balls
Pikagorotchi - Watering Can

Links
M!X Guide
M!X Guide (VPets)
TamaTalk Discussion Thread
PC Connection Guide
Character Chart

jesterxlady
Adult

8:39 PM - Aug 01, 2016 #4

My M!X ordered actually arrived last Tuesday (26th July), but as there was Import Duty to pay and payday wasn't until the Friday, I had to sit and wait. It was highly frustrating! I'm lucky I got them on the Friday, actually, as the Post Office here has useless opening hours (honestly, I'm in a city and the Post Office closes at 2pm four days of the week, so is only open outside of regular work hours one day a week and only half a day at the weekend. However, my boyfriend is lovely and took time off work to go fetch my parcel as I was having a rough day).

It was overall a very exciting order. I had bought both the Spacey Ver. and Melody Ver., both in purple (as with all of my Tamagotchis), although the latter looks decidedly pink (it is the purple version though!). My order also came with a free gift; a large flag of sorts with all of the adult Tamagotchis. It's totally 'kawaii'.

(My Pocket Pikachu 2 had also arrived, but that's a different story, however joyous it made me.)

Originally I was only going to run the one Tamagotchi until I got some screen protectors, but I ended up starting them both together. However, I took one out with me that evening, so my Spacey Ver. is running at about a day older than my Melody Ver.. Both versions hatched little boys, Tamabotchi, who evolved into Mittsupotchi. I'm not sure if these are the correct names as I'm self translating as I cannot find information on the names of the Baby/Child/Teen Tamas anywhere!

Space Ver. then evolved into the blue, cloud-like teen and eventually into a Mametchi! Normally I love seeing Mametchi as my first character, but I had actually been hoping to get one of the new characters. So I am working on not getting Mametchi on my Melody Ver. (who is currently a Tororitchi). I am not enjoying neglecting him, but it's for a good cause, honest!

So what are my first thoughts on the M!X? I quite enjoy it, actually; it seems like the first 'new' Tamagotchi for a while; as in, the first one with radically different gameplay (although the iD L, P's and 4U+ all have their own features, I do feel that they are, essentially, the same 'game'). The graphics are beautiful; I love have the 'larger' screen (the screen itself is the same size, but, as the menu banners are absent, there is more space for the graphics, which means bigger and more detail). The Star Catch game, while not overly fun to play, is so pretty. (Actually, I will say I am a little disappointed in the two built in games; however, apparently there are more to unlock later on; hope they are better!)

Some of the animations are adorable, too. When you press the 'C' button with a Child or Teen, they will run through the house and hide from you; hide behind the bed, the kitchen table and, my favourite, in the bath with the baby bath on their head! So cute!

It would also appear that the collecting of four 'items' has gone; makes sense, I suppose, as how can they programme favourite items for 'mixed' Tamagotchis? Still, it's strange no longer trying to collect them!

I haven't done a huge amount with Melody Ver. yet, but on Spacey Ver. I have unlocked Patchi Forest, which I really need to explore more! I took Mametchi out into the Garden and Onsenmoguratchi arrived, dug a hole and took Mametchi to a new place!

(On a completely unrelated note, I made my first Tamagotchi crochet case last night and I am rather pleased with it. It's nor perfect, but it's not bad at all.)

jesterxlady
Adult

10:28 PM - Aug 02, 2016 #5

I haven't actually played with my Spacey Ver. Tamagotchi since my last post, but I have been unlocking places on my Melody Ver. in a bid to not get another Mametchi (however, it means taking good care of my Tama, so I honestly wouldn't be suprised).

I had wanted to find out how to unlock the destinations organically, but I sort of screwed up and ended up reading a list on how to get them all. Shame on me.

So far, on Melody Ver., I have unlocked Flower Hills, Rainbow Hills and Berry Town. The first you get by buying the Flower Wallpaper, the second by using the Flower Seeds (purchased in Flower Hills) on a clear day (followed by a cutscene of a beanstalk growing and your Tama climbing up, up, up!) and the latter by eating the Berry Sundae from the Restaurant ten times (followed by a cutscene where you Tama daydreams of the Berry Sundae, only to find a trail of them leading from the house to Berry Town).

I think whichever town you first unlock changes how the Park and the street views in the 'Door Destinations'? On my Spacey Ver. it looks like TamaTown, whereas on my Melody Ver., everything grew flowers (it's very cute). I wonder if there is a way to change them?

I suppose, as I have one adult, I should start thinking about marrying him off (seems odd to do it so quickly, rather than after four items), you know, to see what this whole 'mix' feature is all about!

jesterxlady
Adult

11:14 PM - Aug 07, 2016 #6

Still only on Gen 1 with both Tamas! I have a habit of keeping Tamagotchis areound for days and days. Plus, I've not really been playing with them as much as I had expected I would. Not sure if this is because I'm just not 'feeling' this Tama (if you'll pardon the pun, my feelings are mixed), or if it's that there's no guide so a lot of this is blind, or even simply that I've just been so busy in the real world, outside of Tamas, that I've just not had chance.

I suspect a conglomeration of all of the above, really.

Anyway.

Tororitchi became Yotsubatchi who is very cute indeed, although I had been hoping for Shimagurutch as it appears that you cannot get him outside of Gen 1. But, alas, there are no guides on how to obtain certain characters! Ah, well. Hoping it turns out you can get him at a later stage somehow, otherwise I'll just have to try harder when I invariably screw up and have a Tama run away.

As I now have an adult on my Melody Ver., I have also unlocked Patchi Forest again, hooray! It's also Himebaratchi's today, as shown in some adorable animations (which I didn't get on the Spacey Ver.; presumably because Mametchi has no met her). Also, on both Tamas this evening, they both went outside to go watch some fireworks? Not sure why, but it was a cute little animation of them walking outside, meeting three other Tamas, and then the sky lights up with colours sparkles. Fun!

Earlier today, in the park, I also encountered Madamtchi on my Melody Ver.. I bought a Angler Fish Hat simply because it was so bizarre. Just reading up on it, it appears that Madamtchi sells discounted items from all the towns; I'm assuming, given that the accessory is aquatic themed, this was an item from Mermaid Palace, despite not having unlocked it? Interesting. So, anyway, means that Yotsubatchi is now running around with an angler fish on his head and it's hilarious.

Trying to unlock some more places on my Spacey Ver. now, so that Mametchi has a greater choice of brides. Not sure who I'll marry him off to yet, but I think I want to marry Yotsubatchi to Himebaratch.

Oh! It also appears that the Seeds are Butterflytchi's favourite item, which shows an amusing animation where the flowers grow and grow and grow! Always makes me giggle. My boyfriend also purchased the Parachute Glider on my Spacey Ver. and, while I don't know if it's anyone's favourite, also has a pretty fun animation.

Ah, I really should marry these guys off. Not that I want to get rid of them, but I feel like I am missing out.

jesterxlady
Adult

8:42 PM - Aug 11, 2016 #7

Today I married Mametchi off to Decoratchi and now have baby Gimletchi (as named by my boyfriend)! Have also just realised I'm not sure I'll be able to keep the Tama GenLog on the front page like I usually do, haha. Ah well. Gimlet is a little pink thing, with half an egg shell and a bow.

Yotsubatchi is still hanging about on my Melody Ver.. I have not yet married him off. Amusingly though, when he woke up this morning he needed both a shower and feeding. Normally, I would bathe first and then take to the restaurant but today I decided to do it the other way around... Well, Yotsubatchi was having none of that! He grabbed a mirror, took one look at himself in a mixture of disgust and abject terror and then jumped straight in the bath, getting squeaky clean before heading over to the restaurant. It was rather amusing.

I have also found out that the Cake Roll toy is Decoratchi's favourite item (with a hilarious animation of Decoratchi doing the Tama/baking equivalent of drawing on someone when they're asleep) and that the Tree Doll (from Patchi Forest) is Guriguritchi's.

Aaaand... That's it really. Odd. I feel like there should be more. I'm enjoying these Tamas, but I really feel that I have less to say on them than normal, huh!

jesterxlady
Adult

2:47 PM - Sep 01, 2016 #8

On my Melody Ver. here have been not one, but three proposals this day! First Furawatchi proposed to my Yotsubatchi, then Butterflytchi did, but I wanted him to marry Himebaratchi. I had caved and looked up online what Himebaratchi's favourite item was, and then kicked myself as I already owned it and just hadn't thought to use it (it's the Badminton Raquet. Anyway, after turning down both Furawatchi and Butterflytchi, I took Yotsubatchi to go play badminton with his soon to be paramour. The animation really is quite entertaining! One of the games centre characters comes out and shoots several shuttlecocks at Yotsubatchi, who then valiantly hits each one, causing it to burst into flames.

What can I say? It worked for Himebaracthi and shortly after, the two were wed. The two have had a little orange egg baby (a girl), who I have named Gardentchi (or, more specifically, がらでんっち), after her bee and flower themed parents. It seemed apt (and my boyfriend wasn't about to help me this time).

Back on the Spacey Ver., Gimletchi has become an adult! I think. She looks an awful lot like she did as a teen and I swear she evolved in less than a day. Odd! Anyway, she is yellow with Decoratchi's berry hat! Very cute.

My m!x guide arrived yesterday, which should be useful! It's got a couple of example growth charts, showing all (some?) of the possible combinations for child and teen. It's quite interesting! I need to have a proper look through it at some point, see what information I can gather. In the mean time, I feel that I should probably load both Gimletchi and Gardentchi up onto the Tamagotchi website.

jesterxlady
Adult

10:20 PM - Sep 15, 2016 #9

Gardentchi grew up into a flower headed, orange Yotsubatchi and, much like her father, hated the first food in the restaurant. Eep! As there are no pieces to collect, I decided to marry Gardentchi off, this time to Kikitchi. They had another little orange girl, who I named Monkitchi.

Monkitchi grew up and up and is now a fully realised adult all of her own! I fed her enough Tomato Juice to turn her red though, as I was tiring of bright orange. She's now hanging about with an Eggshell Hat, while I figure out who to marry her to. Also, with the birth of Monkitchi (who has her grandfather's body and mouth, her grandmother's leaf 'wings' and her father's head and eyes), I unlocked MelodyLand! Hooray! It's really quite fun there. I love the concert hall you can visit!

Earlier this week it was my birthday and both Monkitchi and Gimletchi wished me a happy birthday, with ballons, singing and cake! I think fun times were had by all.

I still have Gimletchi; I can't decide who to marry her to. I'd like to marry her to Shimagurutchi, which obviously isn't going to happen unless I buy another m!x (I don't want to restart either Tamagotchi). So I either have to put her on hold until I cave and spend money I don't have on a toy I don't need or marry her to someone else. Huh. Decisions. Fortunately, she's utterly adorable, so I don't mind hanging on to her for a little longer (she has a pale yellow skin, Mametchi's body, but Decoratchi's berry head and eyes). Turns out she wasn't fully grown when I last posted; just she somehow changed colour from orange to yellow! Maybe she just need a shower...

jesterxlady
Adult

8:22 PM - Dec 20, 2016 #10

I've been running my M!Xes on and off for a few weeks now, mainly in preparation for my Anni. M!X. Gimletchi is still there, unmarried, despite having bought a third M!X to raise Shimagurutchi on. Little annoyed with myself in some ways; I had decided that I would not buy another M!X until after Christmas on the off chance that the Anni. M!X wouldn't need any connections to unlock all the destinations. But I went ahead and bought one anyway as I figured the it surely must rquire connections, only to find out the day after I paid that the Anni. M!X does, in fact, not require any connections to unlock anything (meaning I could have reset it to unlock Mermaid Palace on my other two). Sigh. Oh well. I raise Shimagurutchi on it and, once I've married him off (either to Gimletchi or possibly to Makiko on the Anni. M!X when I get it) I will probably sell it.

Still! I married Monkitchi off to Morijikatchi and ended up with... A purple version of Monkitchi. Couple of differences; he seems to have inherited his grandfather's smile and body, but not a hint of anything from his father! He still has his great grandmother, Himebaratchi's 'wings', but other than that, I essentially have a purple Kikitchi. Odd!

I named him Tsuritchi (or, more appropriately, ツリーっち, as I like to name my Melody M!X Tamas in hirigana), which means 'Tree-tchi'. Obviously I was anticipating him looking a bit more leafy than he did! Ah well! I'm thinking I might marry him off to either Pichipitchi or Kotohimetchi simply because I've only just unlocked Mermaid Palace (and haven't yet got around to unlocking Gozaru Village).

I really ought to marry off Gimletchi; she's only generation two, so I haven't unlocked Spacey Land. I have, however, unlocked both Mermaid Palace and Gozaru Village (although not Rainbow Hills). Hmm. What to do, what to do! I'm going to go look at a character chart and make some decisions, methinks!

jesterxlady
Adult

7:38 PM - Jan 02, 2017 #11

Despite Gimletchi and Shimagurutchi now being best friends, I still have yet to marry them off! Mainly because, over Christmas, I was more choosy over the Tamas I decided to run (as I knew I'd be getting the Anni. M!X). I was still running my Melody Ver. though; I decided to marry Tsuritchi off to Kotohimetchi. The two had a baby girl who became a purple X with her mother's hair. Eventually, she grew up to become a darker version of Kotohimetchi, with her father's eyes. My Tamas don't seem to actually enjoy mixing their genes any more. Hmm.