binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

3:42 AM - Dec 23, 2012 #91

I've updated iDmakeDL to v2.0.0.19.

The first thing you'll notice is that the user interface is a bit different. I've removed the load, grab, edit, and save buttons. For elements that the user can edit directly (e.g. price), click that control and begin editing it. For elements that may support multiple commands (e.g. load & save), click that control and select the desired command from the context menu. Some fields have been moved to a new location. The Hungry and Friendship effect fields are now on the left side below the price. The like-dislike matrix has been reconfigured so instead of being wide and short, it's the same shape as the virtual keyboard. This rearrangement was to provide space to place the Tamagotchi P's GUTs points fields on the form (without increasing the size of the form.)

This version of iDmakeDL can view the Tamagotchi P's connection file. (i.e. the "put.jpg" file that your cellphone receives when you attempt to connect your Tamagotchi P's to your cellphone as if the cellphone was a Tamagotchi iD L.) This connection file reveals your Tamagotchi P's character's current GUTS points level for intelligence, style, charisma, gourmet, and strength.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.19 can be used to view & edit Tamagotchi P's download items, and to create Tamagotchi P's meals, snacks, letters, and living room wallpapers. (I'm working on adding capability to create other file types.)

The first post of this topic has been updated with a download link and details about other change points.

Notes
(1) When viewing or editing accessories or clothing, you can save all of the images in sequentially-numbered files by using the Save All feature. Unfortunately, I've not yet been able to implement a Load All feature. It's on my list of things to do.
(2) When creating a custom accessory, you'll be asked to provide a position data file. I don't have the knowledge required to create a custom one. So, it's necessary to re-use one from an existing accessory. To export an accessory's position data file, view the accessory in iDmakeDL, then click on the catalog image and select Save Position Data from the menu that'll appear.

Makikochan
Adult

4:08 AM - Dec 23, 2012 #92

OMG!!! You are GOD!!! :D Or at least very clever with programming and computers.....

Keep up the good work!!!
I'm baaack!

Tama-Star_Girl
Tama Zone Superstars
Tama-Star_Girl
Tama Zone Superstars

5:57 AM - Dec 23, 2012 #93

Thank you so much binary. Now I can finally make Tamagotchi P's downloads for my manga. :)

Djyellow22
Tama Zone High ranks
Djyellow22
Tama Zone High ranks

6:51 AM - Dec 23, 2012 #94

Wow Binary, this is great~ Can't wait to see what people make for the p's now.. If only I had the talent to draw pixel art XP

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

6:59 PM - Dec 24, 2012 #95

binary @ Dec 22 2012, 10:42 PM wrote: I've not yet been able to implement a Load All feature. It's on my list of things to do.
I've updated iDmakeDL to v2.0.0.20.

This version includes a Load All Images feature, available when creating Tamagotchi iD L or Tamagotchi P's accessory (4 images) or clothing (28 images). Note: these image files must be named with a sequential suffix starting from _01.bmp

iDmakeDL can now be used to create Tamagotchi P's accessories and clothing. The process is the same as for the Tamagotchi iD L. Actually, it's possible to extract clothing and accessory images (and the accessory position data file) from a Tamagotchi iD L download and use them when creating a new Tamagotchi P's download.

Tamagotchi P's toys can be created using iDmakeDL v2.0.0.20. Again, the process is the same as for the Tamagotchi iD L. (However, some of the animations may be different, so it may not be possible to create Tamagotchi P's copies of all of the Tamagotchi iD L toys.) Note: only animation types that we've seen on Tamagotchi P's downloads are available for use when creating custom Tamagotchi P's toys. While we're on th subject of animations... I discovered that a bug had made its way into iDmakeDL v2.0.0.19: When creating a Tamagotchi iD L toy, the animation number wasn't being written to the file. iDmakeDL v2.0.0.20 no longer has this bug. Sorry for the troubles.

The first post of this topic has been updated with a download link.

Thurin
Babytchi
Thurin
Babytchi

11:00 PM - Feb 13, 2013 #96

Is there a program that runs for Mac's? I have my .bmp and .jpg image (right pixels etc) saved but it needs to be converted so the Tamagotchi iD L will read it for the wallpaper... It is the INSIDE OF THE TARDIS.... help? :?:

Mametchi419
Tama Zone High ranks
Mametchi419
Tama Zone High ranks

7:11 AM - Feb 14, 2013 #97

For the Mac OS X, you could give a program called Wine a try. It runs Windows programs in Mac OS X and Linux. :haha:

Unless your Mac is OS 9 or below... probably not ;)
(;´д`)

lala0629
Babytchi
lala0629
Babytchi

9:19 PM - Feb 21, 2013 #98

When I run it it says "tamago header not found" What does that mean?

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

2:21 AM - Feb 22, 2013 #99

lala0629 @ Feb 21 2013, 04:19 PM wrote: When I run it it says "tamago header not found" What does that mean?
I means the .jpg file that you're trying to open isn't a valid "download" file. If it was a download file at one point, it isn't now; the Tamagotchi data area no longer exists in the file.

Tama-Star_Girl
Tama Zone Superstars
Tama-Star_Girl
Tama Zone Superstars

5:33 AM - Feb 22, 2013 #100

binary, are you able to update the toy animations for the P's DL in the program? We have received a few more animations since the last update.

Orandatchi
Adult

2:00 AM - Feb 23, 2013 #101

Been making a download wallpaper, and it keeps saying, "Invalid bmp colour depth. Format24bppRgb (Should be Format4bppIndexed)" I have a BMP file and a JPG file, and yet it isn't letting me. :angry:

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

12:25 PM - Feb 23, 2013 #102

Orandatchi @ Feb 22 2013, 09:00 PM wrote: Been making a download wallpaper, and it keeps saying, "Invalid bmp colour depth. Format24bppRgb (Should be Format4bppIndexed)" I have a BMP file and a JPG file, and yet it isn't letting me. :angry:
All images must be 16 colour 4-bit indexed BMP. To convert a 24-bit per pixel (24bpp) BMP to a 4-bit per pixel (4bpp) indexed BMP, a paint program other than Windows Paint may be required. You may experience a problem getting Windows Paint to properly preserve your colors when saving as a 16 color bitmap. A program that has been tested and known to do this properly is GIMP 2. The conversion method I've been using in GIMP 2 is: Image -> Mode -> Indexed. Then set the value for Maximum number of colors to 16.

yeechenn
Babytchi
yeechenn
Babytchi

9:30 AM - Dec 09, 2013 #103

THANK YOU so much Binary !! My gotchi is so rich now! :D

jencastro16
Child

2:58 AM - Mar 05, 2014 #104

I have JPEGs of my wallpapers i made for my IDL but I want them on my P's. I don't have the bitmap files of the wallpapers and when i convert the JPEG to bitmap to use it changes the pixel colors and looks bad. is there a way to convert it cleaner. i am using the gimp method mode > index > 16 max colors. I did not think it would be such a drastic change.

binary
Tama Zone Immortals
binary
Tama Zone Immortals

12:25 PM - Mar 05, 2014 #105

jencastro16 @ Mar 4 2014, 09:58 PM wrote: I have JPEGs of my wallpapers i made for my IDL but I want them on my P's. I don't have the bitmap files of the wallpapers and when i convert the JPEG to bitmap to use it changes the pixel colors and looks bad. is there a way to convert it cleaner. i am using the gimp method mode > index > 16 max colors. I did not think it would be such a drastic change.
Download files are also named ".jpg"

To check whether you have .jpg picture files or download files, try opening them in iDmakeDL. If iDmakeDL complains they're not valid download files, then you have only the picture files. Sorry, but you're not going to be able to build proper quality images from .jpg picture files. At best, you can use them as a guide for creating the .bmp again by hand.

If however, you have the download files you created for your Tamagotchi iD L, you can extract the BMP and create Tamagotchi P's download files:
(1) open iDmakeDL (please use the latest version)
(2) click the box to the right of "your file name" and then click Load, browse to your Tamagotchi iD L download file and load it. Or, drag your Tamagotchi iD L file onto iDmakeDL. Your file will open in iDmakeDL
(3) click on the picture above "catalog name" and then click Save. This will extract and save the BMP from your download file. Remember where you're saving it.
(4) click "create new ..." then "Tamagotchi P's ..." then "Living room Wallpaper". You may receive a warning message that changes to the current file will be lost if you haven't saved them. If that appears, click OK. The preview image will be all grey and the catalog image will be all black.
(5) click large black rectangle above "catalog name" then click Load. Browse to, and select the BMP file you extracted in step 3 above.
(6) click in the preview image area (the pink rectangle above "internal file name") then click Grab. A copy of the catalog image will be placed here.
(7) optional: set a new catalog name, serial number, price, etc. by clicking those fields.
(8) when done, click the box to the right of "your file name" and then click Save. Browse to the folder you want to save it in, and type a filename.
That's it. You should now have a Tamagotchi P's wall paper download file. (Note: if the new file has the same serial number as an item already on your Tamagotchi P's, when you beam the download over you'll see it arrive but won't be able to find it in any of the shops. If this happens, change the serial number and beam it over again.)