SamJJE101
Tama Zone Superstars
SamJJE101
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 3 2013, 05:38 AM #1

BIRTHDAY CONTEST 2013

Birthday Contest 2013 Feedback: http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=26449

Happy 8th Birthday, Tama Zone! :pop:

This is a contest to celebrate 8 Years of Tama Zone, so we thought it only fitting that the theme of the contest would be relating to the number 8 as well. So get your typing fingers ready, and put your creative thinking caps on, because Tama Zone's 8th Birthday Contest task is...
:cake: In 8 lines or less, tell us what your ideal Tamagotchi Version 8 would be! :cake:
You can get as creative as you would like with this task... the more inventive the better! Here are a few simple rules that you must agree to follow before entering the contest:
  • Contest entries must adhere to the limit of 8 lines or less. There is no minimum entry amount, but it must not exceed 8 lines.
  • Standard font type and size is mandatory when posting your entries. Smaller font sizes to include more information are prohibited.
  • All ideas must be your own; basic concepts (such as a color screen) are acceptable, but copying and expanding on others' ideas is not.
  • Do not edit your entry after it has been posted and you have seen others' ideas, in order to better your own. We recommend proofreading your entry beforehand, but if you need to make any minor corrections, PM a staff member.
  • One entry per person. Posting multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning, as only your first entry will count.
Breaching any of these rules will mean your automatic disqualification from the contest. Thank you!

Another thing, please note that this is not an art contest, but if you wish to include an image of your Tamagotchi Version 8 idea, you may. This will not be the main part of your entry that will be judged however, it will only serve as a visual aid to better showcase your description. It's purely optional, and is certainly not an entry requirement.

Now that the formalities are over, it's back to the contest details. All Members and Researchers are able to enter this contest (staff can enter, but will be ineligible to place as a winner). This contest begins on August 10th, 2013, and will end on August 31st, 2013 - that's three weeks. No entries will be accepted after this date, and this thread will be locked. Winners will chosen by the TZ Staff team, and will be announced on September 3rd, 2013 in the Tama-zone Contest Winners! thread.

There will be three winners chosen from this contest, who will place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively. Winners will each receive a "trophy"... as well as one of three very special prizes that will be announced once the contest is over. Let's just say that i'D really Like to download this P'rize!

That's it from us, now it's up to you. We're looking forward to seeing some brilliant Tamagotchi Version 8 ideas. Good luck, and have fun! :cake: :pop:

PerotchiDreamer
Tama Zone Greats
PerotchiDreamer
Tama Zone Greats

Aug 10 2013, 08:59 AM #2

My ideal Tamagotchi version 8 would have a color screen but there would be an option to have it gray-scale. It would be shaped like an iD L but have patterned shell designs like the connections. The Tama Pet will now need to be fed and played for or it might run away! Teens can go to school and there will be mini-games to play. These games help your Tamagotchi become successful when it is older. Adult characters can go to college and you will receive a report card saying how well your Tamagotchi did. If an adult does perfectly in a subject (there are four subjects), it will earn a special item! There are four special items for each adult. You must collect all the special items for each adult to unlock a location that lets you dress and play with any character you want.

Self-proclaimed biggest fan of Tamagotchi <3

Aug 10 2013, 10:12 AM #3

My Tamagotchi Version 8 is in english and of course the display is be in color. It' in the shape of a V1 so that it fits into your pockets easily and it wouldnt be a problem to sneek it into your school or take it to work with you. There now is a furniture store, so you can customize everything in each room. All the characters are from older versions. The major updates are, that the Tamagotchi now has an wifi-sensor, so updates (new games, special visitors, items, etc,) will be put on automatically and it also offers a streetpass option, which means that if you pass other people with this version, you'll get a notification and can visit their houses. It also connects to FB to let your friends know, how your Tama is doing.

robodog
Adult

Aug 10 2013, 12:47 PM #4

My ideal Tamagotchi 8 would, of course, be in color. It would have a touch screen so you could pet and interact with your Tama. It would also have voice recognition and would respond to certain vocal commands and phrases. In addition it would have it's own R2D2esque tonal language. You could tell it your name and it would speak it in said language so you know what your name sounds like in that language and when it needed you it could call you by name. It would also respond to it's own given name. It would be about the size of the P's and would come in various colors. Some for girls and some for boys.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Bico
Adult
Bico
Adult

Aug 10 2013, 01:20 PM #5

My own Tamagotchi v8 would be shaped similarly to an iD L, with a color screen, with a special option to change the normal colors for other "Palette" options (for example, a "pastel colors" palette.). The v8 model would have a list of languages to choose from. The model would include a special microSD slot for additional data (like toys, clothes, food and several other options). It'd incorporate a large, branched evolution tree with a GUTS-like point system. It'd include characters from the anime and older versions as well, new addittional characters, added through official data from BANDAI (similar to the P's pierce system). It'd have a PC port game, in which you can send your 'gotchi pet to play minigames by himself or others, raise your own garden, meet new 'gotchis all around the world, date, and mate!. Every model would include a Tama-shaped keyring

(Good luck, everybody! I wish you all the best of lucks :) (PS! This line isn't part of my entry, please don't count it in! ;v; ))

Tama-Star_Girl
Tama Zone Superstars
Tama-Star_Girl
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 10 2013, 02:28 PM #6

My ideal Tamagotchi 8 would be a color, touch screen active Tamagotchi based around the theme of Tamagotchi! New Generation. Raising most characters from the manga. On start up you have a new option to pick your own language from a list, not just English or Japanese. Responds to touch in many ways such as rubbing the screen to show the little Tamagotchi character affection and care, going to the bathroom option and scrubbing him/her clean, putting him/her in bed when fallen asleep on floor, and more. All can still be performed using the buttons. Internet can be used on this Tamagotchi to connect to friends and play games together. Bank is also added to store more points and little hidden surprises (Easter eggs) can be found throughout the Tamagotchi, some simple cute animation to give the user a smile, funny text or a rare character evolution.

year7afrokid
Tama Zone Greats
year7afrokid
Tama Zone Greats

Aug 10 2013, 03:58 PM #7

My ideal ver 8 would be a colour with interactive features, such as tapping the screen to see if the character likes you and the more you play with it the more friendly it is towards you when you tap the screen. also you can walk with the toy and count steps with the "stroll" feature and earn 5 points per 10 steps and raise friendship and shake it in games. The mail feature from the entama would be back and the toy has it's own charge cradle and bluetooth to connect to your phone via an app which can send tweets about you tama, and get downloads and play games. Finally a cooking feature that let's you buy ingredients at tamatama market.
PM ME FOR 3ds FRIEND CODE!!

Green_Papaya
Tama Zone Greats
Green_Papaya
Tama Zone Greats

Aug 10 2013, 07:42 PM #8

My ideal version 8 would be in colour, and would feature more of the classic characters from the V2 and V3. I would like to have destinations be unlocked as you progress through the generations that would allow you to obtain vintage characters (eg. Visit Devilgotch land with a male teen to get one of the devil characters.) I would like there to be an online component that would give you items to make other character transformations, as well as toys and dress-up items, much in the way the current pierces do but online you would only get these as rewards. I would also like to see a wide variety of character animations, possibly animations that are character-specific.
Green_Papaya's Tamagotchi Log

Currently Running: TMGC+C, iD L 15th Anniv., 4U

brittygotchi
Child

Aug 13 2013, 07:07 AM #9

My ideal version 8 would be color screened, but it would be the shape and size of a connection with no antennae, and would come in many different shell designs. It would be a pedometer and you would be able to program reminders via bluetooth where you tamagotchi is set to tell you something at a certain time. There would also be a new tamatown where you can play mini games that design items that you could send to your V8. You would also be able to cook food in your tama's kitchen and go to school/work. There would be many new characters that are designed in a style inspired by characters from the connection series, and there would also be many special characters that are harder to get. And lastly I would make connection games played by you instead of just having a random outcome.

+Mametchi+
Adult

Aug 14 2013, 06:39 AM #10

Mine would be like a P's (no gems) with Wi-Fi, touch screen and mini-stylus. With Tama-Pix as a feature; this is a paint program that lets you create any shop items +furniture for a certain amount of GP in-game. Then after collecting all Tamatomos it unlocks a special menu option to create custom adult stage characters (up to 5, but erasable) using Tama-Pix that you can raise up. It'd also have: vibrate, a calendar, alarm, notes, and USB connector for PC use (infrared stays too) and adjustable volume. And it would have a "phone" option to make Wi-Fi voice calls to other Tamas.

-HelloKitty-
Adult

Aug 20 2013, 11:43 AM #11

My perfect version 8:
ID size L, with interchangeable back covers, the front would be like Tama-Go that you can customize it yourself.
Inition option to choose the version you want to raise (v1, v2, v3 .. ect, including Angelgotchi and devilgotchi) and the choice of color or black and white classic mode.
A mobile application that simulates Tamatown and there you can play and get extra things for your tamagotchi.

:memetchi:

&#4326; Currently with Tamagotchi Friends &#4326;
-HelloKitty-

dmaster121
Tama Zone High ranks
dmaster121
Tama Zone High ranks

Aug 26 2013, 06:57 AM #12

My version would look have the egg shape, with the thickness of an ID. It would come in solid colors, as well as various designs. Several languages. It would have an IR port on the top, and you would have a removable part for the Tama-go figures on the side. You would have a choice between the detailed color screen, simple color screen of the Tamagotchi App, or the black/white pixel display. You would have a choice of which version to run. You could choose from any version, and you could also download future versions through WI-FI. It would also have a camera, so you could make download items with those photos.

SamJJE101
Tama Zone Superstars
SamJJE101
Tama Zone Superstars

Sep 1 2013, 11:25 AM #13

Thank you everyone for your entries. The staff will now take each entry into great consideration when selecting the winners. Winners will be announced on Tama Zone's 8th Birthday, September 3rd, in the Tama-zone Contest Winners! thread. Best of luck! :pop: :cake: