A Guide to Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.

cyann
Tama Zone Immortals
cyann
Tama Zone Immortals

11:42 PM - Aug 27, 2013 #1

A Guide to Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.

In February 2013, Bandai came out with a Tamagotchi app for iPhone and Android called Tamagotchi L.i.f.e., which stands for Love Is Fun Everywhere. It’s a free app, although it does have small advertisements. Those ads can be permanently banished for a dollar. As of this writing, Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is available in the U.S. only.

In a nutshell, Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is an app version of a Generation 1 and, as of August 2013, a Generation 2 Tamagotchi. There are a few nice additions, though.

First, you have the option of playing in either toy or app mode.

- Toy mode looks like an original Tamagotchi egg, and you run it by clicking the buttons on the shell on the screen in the same way you’d click the buttons on a Tamagotchi egg. The egg is color, but the Tamagotchi itself is monochrome.

- App mode is activated by clicking the magnifying glass, and is a touch-screen, zoomed-in version of the game. You can toggle between modes at any time. In app mode, the pixels are larger, and Tamagotchi is colored in. You care for Tamagotchi by tapping the icons on the screen. You can also make your Tamagotchi hop and trill, by tapping him (or her). I really like doing that.

Second, there’s a built-in camera. You can use it to take screen shots of your Tama that you can save to your phone’s photo album, or you can synch Tamagotchi with Facebook so you can post photos there.

Third, there is a built-in codex, in the Gallery, which you can use to view the Tamagotchi characters you have raised. You can also view locked characters, but they appear only in silhouette. This is a nice feature, if you’re wondering how to spell Kuchitamatchi, or something. The codex tracks how many of each character you’ve raised. You can also see from the codex that there are three versions of each adult. The difference in the versions is color, and the colors are random, according to the L.i.f.e. Facebook page.

Fourth, you unlock shells to be used in toy mode, and wallpaper to be used in app mode, by raising more Tamagotchis. You can change shells and wallpapers at any time, by viewing them in the Gallery. Wallpapers unlock by the number of Tamagotchis you raise, total. You unlock shells by earning stars, which have to do with raising different types of Tamagotchis.

Fifth, in app mode there are new games. In Generation 1, you play rock-paper-scissors, which is ultimately a guessing game. In Generation 2, you play concentration, and are shown the backs of the cards before you guess so it’s quite easy to win.

The game play is fairly faithful to the original G1s and G2s, so I won’t go into details of how to keep Tamagotchi alive. As a personal aside, I don't think it's identical. it’s been my experience that Mametchi is harder to get in the app than on the toy, and that adults are not as demanding as they can be when running the original toys.

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.’s website is here: http://tamagotchilife.com/
And you can find them on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/TamagotchiLife

Here are links to screen shots of the tutorial.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7
[ My FooPets | My Moshi | My Log | My Neopets ]