Screen name meaning and why you chose it

GabRenee
Sidekick

October 19th, 2006, 1:27 am #1

Well, mine is pretty simple. I'm a fan of Gabrielle and Renee so I combine both in one.

J. K. Rowling: Well I think anyone who is still shipping Harry/Hermione after this book -
ES: (whispered) Delusional!
J. K. Rowling: Uh - no! But they need to go back and reread, I think.
[/i]--------
Rudnick: ...Season Five -- what were you people thinking?
R.Tapert: You know what? Nobody was thinking. Nobody loved the show. And it takes everybody loving the show to make it happen, every single aspect.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Katherine Fugate:
I came to the show in the last season and was certainly told by my employers their vision of the show so that I can write appropriately for it. Meaning, yes, I was explicitly told by the executive producers, the writing staff and the two lead actors that the characters of Xena and Gabrielle evolved from friends to a lover relationship over the course of the series.

Gabsfan
Xenite

October 19th, 2006, 1:45 am #2

I suppose mine is pretty easy to figure out also. When I first joined the online Xenaverse, many felt that Gabrielle was getting the short end of the stick by TPTB during Season 3's Rift. People were taking sides concerning who was to blame for The Rift. I wanted to show my all around support for Gabrielle. I wanted a short and simple name. Gabfan was already taken on AOL but I was pleased to find that the screen name Gabsfan wasn't taken yet. I've used it everywhere in the Xenaverse ever since.

I should probably change it to also reflect my never wavering support of ROC but everyone knows me as Gabsfan.
Rene O'Connor - Actor, Director and Artist

I'm sick to death of seeing things
From tight-lipped, condescending, mama's little chauvinists
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth now

I've had enough of watching scenes
Of schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas
All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth

- John Lennon (Just Gimme Some Truth)

~ Gabby Road ~
She walked with Xena. She walked with The Beatles.
Gabrielle only walked with the best.
(Beatles Photo Art by Golightly)

stringbeans69
Gladiator

October 19th, 2006, 2:32 am #3

Well, my screen name really has nothing to do with Xena (if you did not already guess.)

My real name is Kristina. My sisters started calling me "Stean". After a while, they rhymed this with "bean", so it became "steanbean".

"stringbeans" was just the next step .

Since stringbeans was already taken on this board, i chose the numbers 69 to follow, because it implies naughtiness
Keeper of the Covington Whip

The joyful people will stoop with sorrow; and when you have gone to the earth I will let my hair grow long for your sake, I will wander through the wilderness in the skin of a lion.
-The Epic of Gilgamesh
...we'll have to make new love.

StringQueen
Dreamworker
StringQueen
Dreamworker

October 19th, 2006, 2:32 am #4

My name is a name I use on other forums as well. It is the meaning to my life. I"m in college majoring in Music Performance on Viola, but I also play the Violin, Cello and Bass. a few of my friends called me the Queen of string instruments since I know how to play the Guitar as well as Harp. That's where StringQueen came from.

But Viola is my primary instrument. I've been playing for 16 years now. I *heart* bond!

I *heart* bond!

gabxena20
Poteidaian
gabxena20
Poteidaian

October 19th, 2006, 4:11 am #5

mines pretty easy. I like gabrielle the most and than xena plus my age when I joined."Evil the darkside intoxicating isn't"-Xena Heart of Darkness.

bekahlin13
Poteidaian
bekahlin13
Poteidaian

October 19th, 2006, 4:45 am #6

My name's Rebekah but people call me Bekah...and my middle name is Lin...and 13 is my favorite number (I was born on April 13th and it's been my softball number for years). Hence..bekahlin13.

Keeper of Gabrielle's BGSB || My Xena Videos || Need..it..centered...........

I loves my Stringy!

Tai Warrior
Immortal

October 19th, 2006, 10:26 am #7

Tai - because I studied Tai Chi on and off for many years.

Warrior - because we're on a Xena board and I wanted to be a Warrior!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step" ~ Lao Tzu

Horseredhead
Titan

October 19th, 2006, 3:15 pm #8

Mine isn't too complicated either:

Horse - because I love horses and work as a horse breeder (I breed Haflinger horses in Illinois)

Redhead - because I was born with reddish hair (it's blonde at the moment but only because I wanted to try something new)

It isn't something that gets used often so when I need to pick a screenname for something I usually get it.

SkyPie8748
Gladiator
SkyPie8748
Gladiator

October 19th, 2006, 11:19 pm #9

My nickname used to be Sky, I like Pie, and 8, 7, and 48 are all random numbers that I used to like for some strange reason.

Looking back now, I hate my s/n and wish I could change it.

October 19th, 2006, 11:27 pm #10

OT but sort of on....

I saw this thread and thought interesting to do the name handle question in ROC Chat thinking it was a general question not a ROC related question, and then I saw people answering it on a ROC/Gabrielle related basis, then handles in general were explained.

My point, well I guess you think of TX being the Community and members are TXers, and the forums are just the forums, but perhaps there are sub-Communities within the Community and there are actually members who are ROCers

The thread had me thinking
~nettie

renway
Poteidaian
renway
Poteidaian

October 19th, 2006, 11:45 pm #11

I'm a huge Renee O'Connor fan, but I also ADORE the fictional character of Kathryn Janeway. Put the two together and you get.... RENWAY!!!

Yeah! Yippee!!! I thought it was pretty clever.

ROCMelt
Intimate Stranger
ROCMelt
Intimate Stranger

October 19th, 2006, 11:57 pm #12

ROCMelt here. It all started on the USAS board years ago. I like everything about Gabrielle. Hence, ROC Melt
Edit for spelling error

Firestorm71
TX Member
Firestorm71
TX Member

October 20th, 2006, 12:42 am #13

Mine isn't really Gab/Xena related at all, unless you tie it together with the flaming ball on a chain that Gab spun around hehe!

I've used Firestorm since I started on bulletin board systems way back on the Commodore64. I even had my own BBS running back then too hehe!

He's my fav comic book super hero, I have the entire collection of the original run from 1977(?) till 1991(?). Rough dates, it's been a while since I looked them up. I even have a figurine of him sitting on my desk. I've had to use variants of the name like here, 71 is my year of birth. I mostly use Fyrstorm now cause most don't use it.

I like to think the name alone a bit represents me. I'm calm and fun like the comic book character and it takes a lot to get me upset, but when I do cross that line (which is rarely) I feel like I'm on fire inside and I take on anything that's in my path to the finish.

I'm not talking about fighting, it's more metaphorical like when I got ripped off on a car deal - severely - and I went into my ball of flame and got almost $4000 in return. --=*Firestorm*=--
--=*Firestorm*=--

Batrochides
Titan

October 20th, 2006, 2:27 am #14

My real-life surname is a somewhat slangy term for a frog in a certain germanic language; I had registered as Batrochus (Greek for "frog") on the Universal Studios Netforum, and for its successor the StudiosUSA "Nutforum" I re-registered as batrochides (Greek for "son of a frog").

Gabsfan
Xenite

October 20th, 2006, 3:12 am #15

Hey Renway,
I had no clue that "way" was for Janeway. I kind of assumed your name meant "Rene's Way" like you were a follower of what she does or something.

Hey Firestorm,
I didn't know there was a comic book series with that name. BTW, your name is related to Rene. '71 is also her year of birth.

Hey ROC Melt,
I don't remember your name on the old NutForum but then again, I avoided that place until the beginning of Season 6.

Hey, Son of a Frog!

All I want is the truth

Just gimme some truth

~ Gabby Road ~

ROCMelt
Intimate Stranger
ROCMelt
Intimate Stranger

October 20th, 2006, 4:41 am #16

Hey Gabsfan
I ran with Jeanofstein.
ROCMelt

renway
Poteidaian
renway
Poteidaian

October 20th, 2006, 3:35 pm #17

Oh man. Gabsfan, I like your definition of my name better. Can I change it??

Gabsfan
Xenite

October 20th, 2006, 4:09 pm #18

Quote:
Oh man. Gabsfan, I like your definition of my name better. Can I change it??
@ renway

Fine with me but would Capt. Janeway approve?

All I want is the truth

Just gimme some truth

~ Gabby Road ~

H3 Hummer
Sidekick

October 20th, 2006, 4:30 pm #19

Cuz I drive one. I know they're butt ugly but when you're only 5' and you drive a tank . . . people do tend to get out of your way.

renway
Poteidaian
renway
Poteidaian

October 20th, 2006, 8:31 pm #20

Hmm. You're right.

Better stick with the original meaning. Wouldn't want to offend Janeway. She is really cool, too.

BUT REN IS FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!