"Past Transgressions" - Episode 1...Rate it!

MoonDog
Lost Mariner
MoonDog
Lost Mariner

January 21st, 2011, 7:43 pm #1

Rate "Past Transgressions"

Total votes: 24
12(50%)
5(21%)
1(4%)
4(17%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
1(4%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
1(4%)
0(0%)

The prequel to "Spartacus:Blood and Sand" is debuting tonight on Starz!

"Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" will only last 6 episodes but I'll take it...

Six more episodes of Lucy Lawless and John Hannah as our favorite schemers
Lucretia and Batiatus will be a joy to watch...I had as much fun watching them last
season as I did watching Andy as Spartacus...

So...

On a scale of 0-10...

0 meaning the episode was totally worthless/unwatchable...
AND
10 meaning the episode was simply the BEST!

What was your overall rating of episode 1??

Sarpedon1
Sidekick

January 22nd, 2011, 9:17 am #2

Sarpedon
"Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?" - Merovingian, The Matrix Reloaded

xenawp7706
Xenite

January 22nd, 2011, 12:44 pm #3

10. I loved it, especially a certain scene

MoonDog
Lost Mariner
MoonDog
Lost Mariner

January 23rd, 2011, 12:51 am #4

I loved it too...

It dragged a little in the middle for me but
ended on a high note...Actually 2 high notes...

And Lucy was smokin' hot!

It's a pity Xena: Warrior Princess was produced by Starz too...

Horseredhead
Titan

January 23rd, 2011, 1:09 am #5

MarleneKeener
TX New Member
MarleneKeener
TX New Member

January 23rd, 2011, 1:19 am #6

lucy is always hot , though She is Hotter in All leather and a green eyed Blonde as her partner

warriorbabe61
Dreamworker
warriorbabe61
Dreamworker

January 23rd, 2011, 2:37 am #7

gets a 10 from me. Wow!! what a start. It's great to see how the characters were before. Not to keen on the doctore at the moment though, he's the only one so far that isn't doing anything for me. As for Lucy & Jamie "Phew" but beautifully done.

Never underestimate the power of a woman Xena Keepership created by Meg The Tramp, thanks.

xenawp7706
Xenite

January 23rd, 2011, 2:29 pm #8

I am glad most people liked it

callofthevoid
Immortal

January 23rd, 2011, 2:35 pm #9

I'll watch it tomorrow.
Keeper of

Many steaks to ninja for making me the banner :D

HardGrin
Lost Mariner
HardGrin
Lost Mariner

January 23rd, 2011, 6:29 pm #10

I liked it.
Unfortunately the impact of the the final scene was lost in the overload of ancient roman debauchery, this show just takes bad to a whole new level. I'm curious how they are gonna outdo themselves in the finale, I can't imagine how its gonna be any more over the top. But I still expect it to be you can't give it all away in ep one.
I like Lucy's new bff.
and that new annoying gladiator du jour is better than spartacus, I love that he's gone it takes the faux serious edge of a little.
All in all a good start of the season.
Last edited by HardGrin on January 23rd, 2011, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fight the losing battles - AoX

mariana
Sidekick
mariana
Sidekick

January 23rd, 2011, 7:41 pm #11

callofthevoid
Immortal

January 24th, 2011, 9:35 am #12

I've just watched it and my mouse stopped on 10 automatically.
Now I don't know what to begin with...
Let's start with the amazing duo, I absolutely love Jamie Murray.She and Lucy on screen in the same scene it's just wow so much shine and yet you cannot stop staring at them.Gaia strikes me at the kind of woman who would kill you as easy as someone else would wipe a drop of rain on your face she would do it fast with "elegance" and smiling all the way I would not be surprised if she killed her husband.
Lucy done an excellent job Lucretia is so schoolgirl like all bright eyed and bushy tailed,Lucy described her so well, I would really like to see where she has grown up because she seems so not touched by all the malice going around all she seems like she would just take her husband go on a secret island and live there forever she would do well without the arena,the slaves.That of course if it were up to her but she is more than happy to live on whatever island Batty wants.
And I don't think there's an island that would please him enough,only if he builds one of his own.He is very ambitious but somehow naive at what is happening behind the closed curtains,that scene where he got beaten and his slave killed just shows how many unfortunate lessons he has to learn.
Also Gannicus he likes loves wine,women whatever but I think there is more to him what he says to Oenomaus(or however you write that) when standing on the edge of the cliff.I get the impression that he wants to live his life to the fullest but if he he would come to a moment where he would not be capable anymore to fight and whatever he would not be jealous to see someone he favors in his place eg Oenomaus.He seems to have this quality of if he has what he wants others can have it too he wouldn't try to eliminate them.
About Oenomaus even had I not seen season 1 I would bet lots of dinars he would become Doctore after Batty's father dies,in fact he is already Batty's doctore.
Solonius and Batty are such good buddies but it already hints what dug the rift between them.Dinars!
Bring on episode 2!
Keeper of

Rainbow Warrior
Gladiator

January 24th, 2011, 9:52 am #13

I gave it a 10. So much to take in the very first ep and OMG you all know what im talking about!!!!!!!!

ianic
Lost Mariner
ianic
Lost Mariner

January 24th, 2011, 10:28 am #14

A 9 from me (I usually reserve tens for something really special).

They did a superb job with this prequel. They introduced enough enough new stuff to create a lot of curiosity while mixing in plenty of familiar characters who were nicely written to show them as 6 years (?) younger and more naive. And who'd have thought that Solonius would be Batiatus' best buddy after what happened in season 1.

Intriguing! And that's not even taking into account the fighting and, um... spicy bits

ianic.

xenawp7706
Xenite

January 24th, 2011, 2:17 pm #15

Yeah this episode left a mark on me, in a good way. I can't wait to see the next one

Wordchampion
Poteidaian
Wordchampion
Poteidaian

January 24th, 2011, 2:27 pm #16

I voted 10.

I decided I'm going to watch it again today. After reading some reviews, there were things that I missed... and of course, just to see it again.    

WC

Horseredhead
Titan

January 25th, 2011, 3:44 am #17

You know what I like? Just the fact that they are showing relationships between two men and two women naturally like it's meant to be. It's not the fact that they're being so explicit (that's an added bonus) but that they've got it in there at all. One day in our society I look forward to walking down the street holding hands with my partner without having to endure bashing remarks or dirty looks. We're still not quite there yet.

callofthevoid
Immortal

January 25th, 2011, 7:01 pm #18

Horseredhead wrote:You know what I like? Just the fact that they are showing relationships between two men and two women naturally like it's meant to be.
Yep,it shows the healthy attitude of the people involved in making the show.
Keeper of

HardGrin
Lost Mariner
HardGrin
Lost Mariner

January 25th, 2011, 9:05 pm #19

Horseredhead wrote:
You know what I like? Just the fact that they are showing relationships between two men and two women naturally like it's meant to be.
Yep,it shows the healthy attitude of the people involved in making the show
[/b]
As much as I like the show I don't think portraying normalcy is the motivation here, it's shock value. And normalcy is apparently shocking. So as nice is it all is, let's just keep that in mind,  I think i'ts a very important point.
fight the losing battles - AoX

Beez
Lost Mariner
Beez
Lost Mariner

February 12th, 2011, 6:14 pm #20

Definitely 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I loved every second of it.I'm looking forward for the next episodes.
John Hannah
Dustin Clare
Peter Mensah (Oenomaus is a very lucky guy. Melitta is breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!) 
Manu Bennett

& last but not least

Goddess Lucretia ~ the one & only Flawless Lucy Lawless.