Good morning, HTLJ FORUM FAMILY - a messsage to you all

LadyCorinth
Gladiator

April 29th, 2006, 2:40 pm #1

Good morning, all and hugs to each of you.

I realize that I have been (unconsciously) remiss in answering my e-mails on the Forum. I just happened to land on my profile this morning and saw that there are 5 unanswered messages in my mail box. I APOLOGIZE to everyone who has e-mailed me. I have so many e-mail accounts (work, my own business, and two personal plus the one on the Forum) that I don't get around to checking them all. I just checked my personal e-mail this morning for the first time in a week. My cousins are yelling at me electronically for not keeping in touch more often.

Anyway, I will remember to check the inbox here more frequently.

And now, I am over due for

April 29th, 2006, 2:44 pm #2

@ LC

I have multiple e-mail accounts also, some I don't get to for weeks either, but my main one that I'm logged into all the time I do view.

It's hard to keep up with things when you are busy

LadyCorinth
Gladiator

April 29th, 2006, 2:51 pm #3

WQ, Good morning!

Beautiful spring morning, isn'****? A little chilly.

I have to go over the Sports Forum and talk some baseball!

I have a hankering to go to a game. Maybe we should have a Herc Forum day at Citizens Bank Park. What do you think?

April 29th, 2006, 2:52 pm #4

Yeah but the team is so awful, how can you lose to the Pirates

Sounds good to me

slibby has a Flyers thread up, she's from South Jersey, and loves the Philly teams also.

LadyCorinth
Gladiator

April 29th, 2006, 2:59 pm #5

I was listening to the game last night as I drove home; it was just beginning. I thought that they could at least beat the Pirates. Amazingly enough, they handled Atlanta! Then they lose to Pittsburgh!!!!! What a bunch of mugs!!!!

But I love Utley; he has a great future. I also like J-Roll. We have talent on the team, they just don't get it together. They dont' have the killer instinct that the Yankees have.

My Yankees are not doing too well either, and I saw Baltimore win the other night after a series of losses. It's discouraging.

I thought Damon would give a real boost to the Yanks. Oh well, the season is still young. But by May, you need to be playing serious ball.

April 29th, 2006, 3:40 pm #6

Quote:
They dont' have the killer instinct that the Yankees have.
No the ownership group that owns the team, will not pay for starting pitchers, they cut payroll this year, their down about 20 million.

And you have to remember, George Steinbrenner can buy any player he wants during the off season, the Yankees are in NY, they have their own cable network, and make Billions of dollars a year.

The Phillies are owned by this partnership group of 11 owners, and they set the payroll for each off season and it can't go any higher then what they set it at.

Only reason why they went after Jim Thome a few years ago, is because they were not getting anybody to buy the luxury boxes at the new park, and they were having problems getting sponsors for the ad's you see in the park.

You can get away with having a triple A team playing a Veterans Stadium with 10,000 people showing up, but at the new park, you can not have this.

They can not sell the team for another 2 years, they have to be in the new park for 5 years, it's under their contract with the City and State for the loan that they got for building the new park.

Would not be surprised if the Roberts Brothers aka Comcast buys them, Comcast/Spectacor runs Citzens Bank Park for the Phillies.

This is a duel enity owned by Comcast, but Ed Snider runs the corporation for them, he's CEO of Comcast/Spectacor and runs the Sixers/Flyers and the two Arena's for Comcast.

If anybody can take care of the new park it's Ed Snider, he built the Spectrum, and that building is in beautiful shape for being 39 years old.

GoalKeeper1
Sidekick

May 12th, 2006, 11:29 am #7

Now you make it sound like the Phillies are in last place. They're only 3 games behind the Mets who are finally getting their act together. Of course they might lose some ground this weekend playing the best team in the National League right now. I predict the Phillies will win tomorrow and lose tonight and Sunday.

"Life is only what you make of it."
Gabrielle: "A long time ago, I accepted the consequences of our life together-- that it might one day come to this. It has. I'm not afraid."
Xena: "You always said that I was the brave one. Look at you now. If this is to be our destiny, let's see it out together. Even in death, Gabrielle- I will never leave you."
-One Against an Army