"Beneath the Mask" - Episode 4...Rate it!

Discuss the Starz show Spartacus and it's stars.

"Beneath the Mask" - Episode 4...Rate it!

MoonDog
Lost Mariner
MoonDog
Lost Mariner

February 11th, 2011, 11:49 pm #1

Rate "Beneath the Mask"

Total votes: 18
11(61%)
0(0%)
4(22%)
0(0%)
1(6%)
0(0%)
1(6%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
1(6%)
0(0%)

Uh oh...

Batty's daddy is back!

So what do you think of him???

On a scale of 0-10...

0 meaning the episode was totally worthless/unwatchable...
AND
10 meaning the episode was simply the BEST!

What was your overall rating of episode 4??

MoonDog
Lost Mariner
MoonDog
Lost Mariner

February 13th, 2011, 12:36 am #2

8+...

Solid episode with a shocker ending...

warriorbabe61
Dreamworker
warriorbabe61
Dreamworker

February 13th, 2011, 1:28 am #3

10+ for me. another solid episode that had me glued from start to end.  And what an ending, wasn't expecting that

Never underestimate the power of a woman Xena Keepership created by Meg The Tramp, thanks.

xenawp7706
Xenite

February 13th, 2011, 10:06 am #4

10. This episode is the best so far. The ending was shocking, and Lucy's performance was flawless!! She is an amazing actress and she is so talented.
Yesterday night after I watched that episode I could not sleep. Poor Gaia. I wasn' expecting that at all.
I can't stand Batiatus senior anymore. How can he ask Batiatus to get rid of his wife. Poor Lucretia I really felt for her, when she was crying and at the end.

HardGrin
Lost Mariner
HardGrin
Lost Mariner

February 13th, 2011, 11:49 am #5

10 for me too, best so far.
fight the losing battles - AoX

mariana
Sidekick
mariana
Sidekick

February 13th, 2011, 10:48 pm #6

wizardbard
Gladiator
wizardbard
Gladiator

February 14th, 2011, 5:28 am #7

I can really see this getting to the point where daddy is the subject of a serious plot. I fear he's not much longer for this world.

MoonDog
Lost Mariner
MoonDog
Lost Mariner

February 14th, 2011, 9:41 pm #8

wizardbard wrote:I can really see this getting to the point where daddy is the subject of a serious plot. I fear he's not much longer for this world.

I wonder how much longer Gannicus will last too...

wizardbard
Gladiator
wizardbard
Gladiator

February 14th, 2011, 10:45 pm #9

excellent question

Sarpedon1
Sidekick

February 15th, 2011, 2:29 am #10

I voted 10.

Well I guess no more "Nice" Lucretia in the next episode.

Sarpedon
"Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?" - Merovingian, The Matrix Reloaded

XENA4EVER
Sidekick

February 15th, 2011, 3:17 am #11

Sarpedon1 wrote:I voted 10.

Well I guess no more "Nice" Lucretia in the next episode.

Sarpedon
Yes I think it so!! its time to take vengeance... in this episode I understand the Lucretia of the first season
her best friend killed by the worse enemy of her husband WOW is too much!!! poor Lucretia!! And poor Gaia!!
I want vengence for her too!!!!!!!

callofthevoid
Immortal

February 16th, 2011, 7:37 am #12

I gave it a 10.They made really much use of every minute this episode.
So the red wig we've seen Lucretia with is like going into mourning for Gaia very interesting.Even if Gaia was not really nice all the time TPTB made a really good go out for her she was killed exactly when she was trying to do a good deed,made me really feel sorry for her.
I think that's why Lucretia wants so bad to be friends with Ilythia in season 1,she tries to replace Gaia and tries so bad to make it work even though I think Ilitythia was more evil than Gaia.Gaia just had a taste for the exquisite but when she had this arranged she was trying to do some good for a friend ,she was capable of genuine stuff too.

I guess this is the last trace we've seen of good Lucretia,I liked her she was a nice gal pity she was caught up in the middle of questionable schemes.
What I find interesting I remember Lucy said Gaia taught Lucretia to abuse the slaves but she didn't so far and I doubt she's going to do it from now on.I wonder what she meant?If of course I remember right.

And the last scene well it was Lucy's best so far in this series and Sparty's best minutes from both season 1 and the prequel.And I kind of enjoyed the whole episode because Lucretia was left in charge.Which makes me think if Batty was there would he have tried to stop Tullius from killing Gannicus?He kind of allowed such a thing with Varro in season 1.
Keeper of

Many steaks to ninja for making me the banner :D

Wordchampion
Poteidaian
Wordchampion
Poteidaian

February 22nd, 2011, 2:31 pm #13

I gave it a 10. I think I'm still reeling from this one! I honestly couldn't sleep after I watched it. I was in total shock by the end of it. Last week was a long wait till the next one, lemme tell ya.

WC

xenawp7706
Xenite

February 23rd, 2011, 12:18 pm #14

I couldn't sleep either after I watched this episode. I have to remember not to watch Spartacus later at nights

Priestess Charis
Gladiator

March 17th, 2011, 10:06 am #15

Stellar acting by Luce. I too was not expecting Gaia to die.Gotta say, I am gonna miss her and Lucretia sexy little scenes...kinda think I may not be the only one...xX
[url=mailto:charis_xx@verizon.net]Charis.xX[/url] ~ My Deviant Art site

G e t  d o w n  o n  y o u r  knees - I ' m  a b o u t  t o  m a k e  y o u  believe - G e t  d o w n  o n  y o u r  knees f o r  m e -
I ' m  a b o u t  t o  make  y o u ---
I can trust you - I can thrust you - I can lust you - Cause that's the way I like it---
Lynch Mob, Hype-O (Orgasmic)

XENA4EVER
Sidekick

August 14th, 2012, 4:44 am #16

xenawp7706 wrote:I couldn't sleep either after I watched this episode. I have to remember not to watch Spartacus later at nights

I caouldn't sleep either... I think that was too much for us!