sausage dog
Poteidaian
sausage dog
Poteidaian

December 13th, 2008, 2:42 pm #61

stutz788 wrote:

Sorry to bump this thread, but there's an article on AfterEllen about who you would like to be cast as Uber X&G in a TV show or movie..... Of course, there's only one choice!!!!

In the comments, the question of "THE MOVIE" was asked... I wanted to refer to this thread and so... The "bump".

Sorry if this contravenes the rules..... and anyway..... this is an excellent thread to periodically bring to the attention of new members. <IMHO>
for letting us know. I missed that article/poll.

VibrantOne
Lost Mariner
VibrantOne
Lost Mariner

December 13th, 2008, 8:12 pm #62

WARM ME UP VIRGIL, BABY!!

xenakitten
Poteidaian
xenakitten
Poteidaian

December 13th, 2008, 9:12 pm #63

still don't like him

Meg: Ya know what? Shorty, you kinda look like her. Only Gabrielle wasn't so butch.

Tobias7
Xenite

December 14th, 2008, 9:37 am #64

xenakitten wrote:
still don't like him

Have you ever met him?

xenawp7706
Xenite

December 14th, 2008, 1:14 pm #65

I think he is a good person

TheTushkisser
TX New Member
TheTushkisser
TX New Member

December 14th, 2008, 8:53 pm #66

He's nice

XenaTrailers
TX Member

December 14th, 2008, 9:52 pm #67

Firstly, thanks to Rob Tapert for answering the many many questions asked by the Xenaverse!! It must have taken forever!! Thanks also to all those members who 'bumped' this thread and therefore helped to bring it to my attention. Although a long time Xena fan, i am a relatively new member to the board and i found this interview to be a very interesting read!! A couple of the answers given really stuck out to me. As someone that entered into the film/tv world with no previous experience (aside from a film degree) and who has spent the last few years working hard to progress within an extremely competitive and often demoralising industry, Rob's comment in answer to question 35 struck a cord: "Lacking that sirens call I would not recommend going into the film or tv business". I truely believe that unless you have a passion for your chosen field, a thick skin, and Rob's "sirens call" the industry isn't worth it. I have to mention the answer given to question 119, mainly beacuse the first part of his answer is exactly what i imagined Gabrielle doing after sailing off (alone) into the sunset with the chakram. He wrote: I believe that she went back to the Amazons. She took the Amazon mantle that she had dodged for so long -- running them. She built a strong tribe and stopped the stupid petty stuff that plagued the Amazons like bad dancing and howling at the moon. She never took another lover. That she got better with a chakram than Xena ever was. With her weapons proficiency, she eliminated the enemies of the Amazons and later in life became a dedicated public servant and did good in the way that she now could as a powerful, intelligent, experienced woman. I also found his answers to questions 40, 53, 92 and 99 really interesting. One last thing: Loved question 69. from JustSayNoToNutbread! Great question and a great response!
"Filmmaking at its best is... collaborative, creative and uncompromising." - Renee O'Connor

Gabsfan
Xenite

December 15th, 2008, 1:23 pm #68

stutz788 wrote:

Sorry to bump this thread, but there's an article on AfterEllen about who you would like to be cast as Uber X&G in a TV show or movie..... Of course, there's only one choice!!!!

In the comments, the question of "THE MOVIE" was asked... I wanted to refer to this thread and so... The "bump".
Hmmm, I wonder who that one choice would be? I agree.

Sorry if this contravenes the rules..... and anyway..... this is an excellent thread to periodically bring to the attention of new members. <IMHO>

Great idea, Jock. Thanks. This is the only time I know of that Rob answered so many questions that came directly from online Xena fans. It does need to be bumped up now and then for new members to enjoy.

~ Gabby Road ~
She walked with Xena. She walked with The Beatles.
Gabrielle only walked with the best.
(Beatles Photo Art by Golightly)

xenasmart
Gladiator
xenasmart
Gladiator

December 16th, 2008, 6:45 pm #69

Hi. It seems l read this last year, when the link was posted on the now (unfortunately defunct) chakram-refugees.. (taps playing in the background).

someone on that list must have been connected to this list as well .

Anyway, I was so thrilled reading it.

So i was surprised reading it HERE when the thread was bumped up, because I didn't realize that the interview took place on this site. I am relatively new here, only two months.

So thanks to all of you, who asked all those great questions so we could get more background information on the series, and, in some ways, feel more resolved about it ending. Thank you.

xenakitten
Poteidaian
xenakitten
Poteidaian

December 17th, 2008, 6:39 am #70

Tobias7 wrote:
xenakitten wrote:
still don't like him

Have you ever met him?

Nope, but you can dislike people or things you have never experienced firsthand. There are several factors on which I base my opinion, I won't name at the moment because I could go off on a tangent. However, after reading and watching several interviews with Mr. Tapert (and the fact that he married my dream woman) I still stick to my guns and say that I don't like the man. I don't hate him, but I just can't say that I like him.

Miss

Meg: Ya know what? Shorty, you kinda look like her. Only Gabrielle wasn't so butch.

stutz788
Warlord

March 18th, 2009, 7:59 pm #71

Especially for all the new Brazilian members over at ROC chat.
Aw ra best
Jock

stutz788
Warlord

August 22nd, 2009, 11:36 am #72

I think that this topic deserves another to bring it to the attention of new members, who do not know of its existence.

Read and enjoy.
Aw ra best
Jock

AmazonWarrior
Poteidaian

November 24th, 2009, 1:02 am #73

Haha. I love this man's humor. By far the most entertaining interview I've read from a producer. I love how he called Renee a **** and how he suspected that Lucy and Renee were having sex. Just shows how close the crew and cast are/were. Some answers that I literally LOL at in front of the screen were:

"I have to stop Lucy from killing the kids every evening. Kill them all rings through the kitchen."
I mean, can anyone imagine LL waving a butcher knife in the kitchen while the kids chase each other round the table, and when RT enters she had that insane, Xena look on her face going "Kill 'em all, kill 'em aaaallll!!!"? That image just cracks me up, whether it happened or not. Like Rob said, how do you know the producer is lying? His lips are moving. xD

"Thank you, Barbara. I am glad that you catch things that you never noticed before in episodes. Eventually, you will find yourself watching the extras doing their bad acting and they will ruin it all for you."
hahahaha!

and

"When we were dealing with Hope, there was no thought that Xena would ever have a kid on the show. Who would have thought that the producer would knock up the star?"

ianic
Lost Mariner
ianic
Lost Mariner

November 24th, 2009, 11:34 am #74

Wow, the information in this topic is gold dust. In terms of the quantity and content contained - you can't BUY this stuff.

Thanks, Stutz, for bringing this to my attention.

This topic is almost required reading for any XWP fan who is interested in the back story to the series and its production and as an insight into the mind of its creator.

Who would have thought that we might have been talking about Xena and Ephiny's travels and lamenting Gabrielle's demise (no. 67).

May I suggest to the moderators that this topic is "pinned", so that it isn't lost to new members who come along in the future, and that its title is amended. Rob answered over 120 questions, not just 20-some.

ianic.

xenawp7706
Xenite

November 24th, 2009, 11:49 am #75

Yeah I agree. This interview is very important to read

XENA4EVER
Sidekick

November 25th, 2009, 4:41 pm #76

this interview are great!!!

and very interesting!!!

Thanks Robert Taper for answer all the questions!!!!

stutz788
Warlord

March 6th, 2010, 3:52 am #77

I think that this thread deserves another periodic  to bring it to the attention of new members.

This is one of the greatest threads  on TX. (IMHO)

Aw ra best
Jock

stutz788
Warlord

June 12th, 2010, 6:53 am #78

A quarterly   of this topic, to bring it to the attention of new TX members, who may not know of its existence and to remind "old sweats" what a great read it is.

Aw ra best
Jock

callofthevoid
Immortal

June 12th, 2010, 12:35 pm #79

Thanks,stutz!
I love Rob's answers.
Keeper of

Many steaks to ninja for making me the banner :D

lux15
Sidekick
lux15