Prolong Your Life

Prolong Your Life

daily word
daily word

November 22nd, 2010, 4:59 pm #1

TODAYS SCRIPTURE
Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity
(Proverbs 3:12, NIV)

TODAYS WORD
So many people today are looking for ways to prolong their lives and renew their youth, but God already has a fail-proof system outlined in His Word. It says in Isaiah that when you put your hope in Him, He will renew your youth. Todays verse tells us that when you keep His Word close to your heart, it will prolong your life.

Notice it doesnt say that you will just have a long, drawn out, ordinary life. No, God promises that He will prolong your life and fill your days with peace and prosperity. He wants you to live fulfilled and happy all the days of your life. Thats why its so important to keep His Word first place in your life. We cant allow distractions to steal our focus or get us off course. Today, choose to keep His commands in your heart and enjoy His peace and prosperity all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for giving me a long, satisfied life. I choose to honor You and keep Your Word first place. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You all the days of my life. In Jesus Name. Amen.

God bless :)

November 23rd, 2010, 3:27 pm #2

TODAYS SCRIPTURE
I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades
(Revelation 1:18, NIV)

TODAYS WORD from Joel and Victoria
Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating and inconvenient. Not having your keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

In the same way, we need spiritual keys to access what God has for us eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing here on earth. But we dont have to stand on the outside and be frustrated because Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk through the door of eternal life. Eternal life begins the moment you make Him your Lord and Savior. You dont have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer; you have access to the abundant life Jesus came to give!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the one who holds the keys. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and will deliver you. He wants to be the hero of your story, so call on Him today and receive the victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, I boldly come to You thanking You for giving me access to eternal life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and invite You to make me whole and complete. Set me free from every bondage so I can live free in You. In Jesus Name. Amen.

November 23rd, 2010, 3:28 pm #3

by Charles R. Swindoll

Genesis 6

The longer we walk with the Lord, the more we realize that we really don't know what each new day may bring. A phone call can come in the middle of the night shattering our joy. Suddenly everything changes. It's amazing what a knock at the door can bring or what the opening of a letter can do.

I don't say these things to conjure up fear in our hearts, but simply to remind us that God alone knows our future. And there's no safer, no better, no more rewarding place to be than in the nucleus of His will, regardless of where that may be.

We are only finite human beings. We can only see the present and the past. The future is a little frightening to us. So we need to hold on to His hand and trust Him to calm our fears. And at those times when we're stubborn and resisting and God shakes us by the shoulders to get our attention, we're reminded that we don't call the shots, God has a plan for us, mysterious though it may seem, and we want to be in the center of it.

All the risks notwithstanding, the center of His will is still the safest place on earth to be.