Sprite designs for Tactics Ogre

Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight
Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight

May 13th, 2011, 9:21 am #1

I have a love for the sprites and color choices of the Ogre Battle series, especially those in Tactics Ogre. Hell, ever since I bought The Knight of Lodis back in grade school, the thought of tampering with sprite pixels has always been in my head. So, recently, I've followed through on that idea, and made some tributary work, shared here for your pleasure.

If sprite designs for classes in Tactics Ogre could be chosen, like for the next game, these would be some of my choices. Some sprites are from scratch, some are modified, and some are a simple color change of an original.

Swordmaster

Ninja & Kunoichi

Dragoon

Cataphract

I'll post more sprites in the future, along with any concept art I make for them.
[RPGData:205|1|30|30|5|5|11|10|Spear|Scale Mail|Dragoon|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|1|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None]

SnowDream
Templar Knight
Templar Knight
SnowDream
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

May 13th, 2011, 11:38 am #2

I enjoyed the Valkyrie and dragoon spirits myself. Yes, I am nostalgic over my high school days when I played this everyday.

Ahh, and that female sword master. Shariar angel form is not too bad. I even played through the game once with only Shariar angel form.

nroejb
Zombie Knight
Zombie Knight
nroejb
Zombie Knight
Zombie Knight

May 13th, 2011, 4:27 pm #3

For me the Valkyrie and Angel Knight sprites pretty much defiened how Angels and Valkyries have to look like. About the same goes for Terror knights (Though they are of course not as widely spread through stories and media as former).
I also think it's nice how Amazons are influenced by ancient greek Amazons (exept for the bareed, burned breast of course).
But I think the newer female sprites show a little too much leg...

@Ricojeh
I think your female Cataphract need a helm, all heavy units have helms (exept the female knight in the PSP version, which already is bothersome) and the Cataphract looks at least one number more "heavy" than the knight.
Sisteena has no green shoes!

Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight
Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight

May 13th, 2011, 9:42 pm #4

@nroejb

I'll try that. I've gone back and ran through I couple helmet designs I had, shown below.

I plan on using helmet #3 and adding a face inside of it. Helm #4 might look better on a terror knight. For the male cataphract, I made the legs bulkier.

As for new sprites, I'm going to tackle the female knight (she should have a helm), male rune fencer, and female gunner (doing something about that dress).
[RPGData:205|1|30|30|5|5|11|10|Spear|Scale Mail|Dragoon|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|1|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None]

A Novel Idea
Templar Knight
Templar Knight
A Novel Idea
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

May 13th, 2011, 10:37 pm #5

I love, love, looooove your sprites, dude. Are the Ninja/Swordmaster sets taken from the PSP game or did you create them from the ground up?

About the Cataphract: the PSP game really pushed forward a tradition of making the better half of male/female units look really feminine. Even the fully-armored units. Basically, I like the helmetless Cataphract.

Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight
Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight

May 14th, 2011, 12:45 am #6

Here are two versions of the male and female knights.

Thanks, Humble. The PSP sprites are actually taken from some screens of each class you provided on the forum in one of your topics. I just cropped the pics and changed the colors to the SNES palette.

A Novel Idea
Templar Knight
Templar Knight
A Novel Idea
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

May 14th, 2011, 12:59 am #7

Humble?

Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight
Ricojeh
Death Knight
Death Knight

May 14th, 2011, 2:07 am #8

Ugh, I disgust myself. I don't know how that happened, but I'm sorry Novel (quickly stitches head back onto body and gives blood and oxygen to the brain). I found the PSP sprites that Wolkenritter posted in one of your topics.

Anyway, I apparently have more time on my hands for this stuff, so here's another version of the male knight I created. The concept art below can help you understand what the face portrait is supposed to look like.

A Novel Idea
Templar Knight
Templar Knight
A Novel Idea
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

May 14th, 2011, 2:15 am #9

Did you draw that concept art yourself? I like the concept of it, it reminds a bit of the Terror Knight's helmet, kinda. Or I might be thinking of the Dragoon's helmet.

Thanks for patching me up. The lack of oxygen to my brain for over an hour should have no adverse effects.... adfdsdsa... teywtrsd...

Wolkenritter
Templar Knight
Templar Knight
Wolkenritter
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

May 14th, 2011, 2:39 am #10

Ricojeh wrote: Ugh, I disgust myself. I don't know how that happened, but I'm sorry Novel (quickly stitches head back onto body and gives blood and oxygen to the brain). I found the PSP sprites that Wolkenritter posted in one of your topics.
Speaking of which, I finally got around to unlocking Divine Knights (Angel Knights). I should probably post them >_>

Also welcome to the boards