Item Stackability Limits?

Tetra
Knight
Knight
Tetra
Knight
Knight

October 19th, 2008, 10:58 pm #1

Town Knave's guide mentions stackability, but how does the stacking work?

Example: I have 2 Dragon Tamers and *each* hold 4 Dragos. Is the attack/defense mod boost equivalent to 10 Dragon Tamers with no Dragos, even though having 10 at once is impossible? Or do multiple identical items on a single character *not* stack? Or is there a cap to stacking?

Additionally, is the stacking process equivalent with the WordRock Aileron and terror effect necklace?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I found out about this board just recently and can't check every single thread...

Humble Novice
Temple Commando
Temple Commando
Humble Novice
Temple Commando
Temple Commando

October 19th, 2008, 11:06 pm #2

I'm not too certain about this issue myself. Perhaps Town Knave himself might be able to answer your question. By the way, welcome to the forums!

Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight
Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight

October 19th, 2008, 11:48 pm #3

Town Knave himself will answer your question indeed!

Yes, they will stack, just as you describe. Every Dragon Tamer or Dragos provides the same effect: +5 to Dragons' attack and defense mods. Ailerons and Beast Tamers work the same, as do Golems and Word Rocks. As far as I know, there's no limit to the stacking, though I'm sure there is a cap to attack and defense mods in general (I think 200 is it). Essentially, more than 20 or so stacked species specific boosts would usually be wasted unless you're on awful terrain- but of course good luck ever getting them that high.

The dragon slayer effect and the terror effect work in the same ways, though you can't stack those quite as aggressively.

Theoretically, a naked Dragon Tamer with 4 Dragos stones could give +25 attack and defense.. our you could just go for +20 by equipping the stones on the dragon itself. 2 dragons fully loaded with Dragos stones would have +40 attack and defense mod if they stayed close together. Of course, it can be tough to amass that many :). Take note, however- these mods only apply to damage, not to hit rate- their may be times where sticking an orb on your monster helps their average damage as much or more than one of these boosts.
Cheers,
Town Knave

Humble Novice
Temple Commando
Temple Commando
Humble Novice
Temple Commando
Temple Commando

October 20th, 2008, 1:00 am #4

The power of the Dragos Stone works on Lizard Men as well, right?

Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight
Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight

October 20th, 2008, 1:21 am #5

Humble Novice wrote: The power of the Dragos Stone works on Lizard Men as well, right?
Correct, they are Dragon species. 10 Lizard Men each with a weapon and three Dragos is basically unstoppable.
Cheers,
Town Knave

pipo
Relics Knight
Relics Knight
pipo
Relics Knight
Relics Knight

October 20th, 2008, 5:09 am #6

Town Knave there is an issue when you mention the Orb; it doesn't add for the average damage, just works for WT issues not anything else (unless we are talking about elemental defense related to the orb), it is something that good old Zaebos mentioned on his old posts.

Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight
Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight

October 20th, 2008, 5:42 am #7

What I mean by increasing the average damage is that the -10 weight from the orb increases your hit rate, which increases the average damage you'll do per swing unless you were already always hitting with 100% chance.

Cheers,
Town Knave

Humble Novice
Temple Commando
Temple Commando
Humble Novice
Temple Commando
Temple Commando

October 20th, 2008, 7:44 pm #8

Does this also affect the hit rate of certain spells as well?

Clockworker
Death Templar
Death Templar
Clockworker
Death Templar
Death Templar

October 20th, 2008, 10:58 pm #9

Are you sure it works? I always thought the orb would disappear BEFORE the damage dealing, therefore rendering its weight reduction useless.

...actually, I never thought anything about it, I'm just wondering now

Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight
Town Knave
Death Knight
Death Knight

October 21st, 2008, 12:50 am #10

Yakult wrote: Are you sure it works? I always thought the orb would disappear BEFORE the damage dealing, therefore rendering its weight reduction useless.

...actually, I never thought anything about it, I'm just wondering now
I'm not saying USE the Orb for its goddess summon, I'm saying use it for the weight reduction and hit rate boost.

And yes, orbs affect spell accuracy.
Cheers,
Town Knave