Moderator: Moderators

Truck Of The Day: September 14, 2018

Dean-o-mite
Pony Car
Pony Car

September 14th, 2018, 8:38 am #1

Today's car truck of the day comes from jedimario's collection, and is Hot Wheels' 1969 Hino Ranger KB (Sakura Sprinter).

Wikipedia wrote:The Hino Ranger is a medium-duty commercial vehicle produced by Hino Motors, a 50.1% subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. It was introduced in 1969 with the original model. The Hino Ranger KL was introduced in Japan in 1969. After the 1979 discontinuation of the Toyota Massy Dyna, the Ranger series replaced that truck. In Australia, it was sold as Toyota KL300. The Ranger KL-series were offered as short wheelbase KL300, medium wheelbase KL340 and KL350, as well as long wheelbase KL360 and KL380. The Ranger line-up spawned into KB, KR, KQ, and other models. Engines are 4.5 liter DQ100 and 5.0 liter EC100.

For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Hino Ranger

The Hot Wheels Sakura Sprinter, a new release for the Team Trasnport series, is an unlicensed, unspecified truck, but the resemblance to the Hino Ranger KB is pretty strong, but some could argue that there are several elements from the Mitsubishi Fuso mixed in, as well. Hot Wheels wants to keep us guessing, so that royalties do not need to be paid for the design of this one.

Ripa
Minivan
Minivan

September 14th, 2018, 11:42 am #2

First, I was "wow" when I saw previews of these.. but soon managed to get myself off the craze.. I noticed the trucks for the JDM cars are unlicensed and that the price would be around $20 here. I haven't had one in my hands, but the box on the back looks cheap plastic and lets down the otherwise full metal release.

Then I realised I can buy a TLV release for a price of the set consisting of a unlicensed truck and an already-seen JDM car. So not my cup of tea, even though the truck cab looks good.

jedimario
SUV
SUV

September 14th, 2018, 12:31 pm #3

$20 would be tough, but I think this set is a decent deal for $13 considering what else you can get for that. The lack of licensing on the truck does not bother me with the Sakura Sprinter because it's otherwise halfway interesting. The Carry On from the Advan themed set isn't as good though.

pjedsel
Muscle Car
Muscle Car

September 14th, 2018, 4:26 pm #4

This is a Hot Wheels - but unlicensed. :o Overall it appears to be a nice casting but not in my area of collecting.

Pegers
Pony Car
Pony Car

September 14th, 2018, 8:58 pm #5

i will join the pass group on this one.

corvairjim
Station Wagon
Station Wagon

September 15th, 2018, 3:21 am #6

An unlicensed truck advertising for a company whose products I'll probably never buy that would take up too much of my limited display space. Most of my cars are in Jammers as it is, and this truck wouldn't fit in one of those anyhow. I think I'll pass.

Stampede
SUV
SUV

September 15th, 2018, 7:21 pm #7

I've been going to my Walmarts quite frequently in the hopes of finding this set. No luck yet, but I will keep pushing.