Moderator: Moderators

Possible Discord For Swifty's

Adonael
Compact
Compact

August 16th, 2018, 7:29 pm #1

Discord is a community based website that also has a desktop program and an android app for communication on the go. A lot of communities have moved their chat rooms over to discord for the ease of use and accessibility from multiple platforms.

I was curious if the people at Swifty's would be interested in setting up a chat room in discord. Oh, and the best part is it is free.

It's advertised as a gamer based voice chat, but other people use it for all types of communities.

Discord

I know most of us are on at different times, and don't use the internet as much, but I thought I would bring it up as a nice alternative to old flash chats.

That's all. ^_^

August 18th, 2018, 12:20 am #2

I'm no help here since I never even use the existing chat room, but I'll wish you good luck! ^_^

jedimario
SUV
SUV

August 18th, 2018, 12:43 am #3

Might be superfluous since we have a chat room that doesn't really get used much anymore. Or it could be a great way to get people into chatting more, if they'll sign up for another account on another service. Hard to tell which way it'd go...

Adonael
Compact
Compact

August 18th, 2018, 10:02 pm #4

I haven't made one. I was just offering it up as a suggestion as a alternative. ^_^

DinoMom
Fullsize
Fullsize

August 30th, 2018, 1:34 am #5

A forum I used to visit died a while back, but a lot of its users moved to Discord... I'm not a member of it, but my husband is, and it seems very active there now, whereas the website (which was revived) is slow indeed. It seems like it could be a good idea.