Moderator: Moderators

Impy #24 Foden Open Truck (tipper)

atombaum
Station Wagon
Station Wagon

June 12th, 2018, 2:33 pm #1

This was included in another recent topic but thought it deserved some photos without the other Impy cars (for my personal record - and here). I'd put in the DB but not sure it is worthy with the missing piece.

Impy #24 Foden "Open Truck" (tipper) - minus the orange plastic dump box. Never much cared for the plastic box, so I guess this was destiny. Looks like a heavy-duty refuse hauler (seen in certain areas of my region) with the detachable boxes.

Not sure if the missing dump box just snaps on/off, or if something broke.

Mark F.
SUV
SUV

June 12th, 2018, 11:09 pm #2

It is certainly in excellent condition for having a missing part.

atombaum
Station Wagon
Station Wagon

June 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm #3

Mark, it was in a plastic tote "Bin of Death" (BoD) with all the other beat bottom feeders. It's a wonder it was not chipped galore like the rest. I clawed through the box to see if the dump box was there, but no joy.

Mark F.
SUV
SUV

June 13th, 2018, 11:07 pm #4

Wow. Nice rescue from the bin! :thumbup: Perhaps the missing part was harvested by someone else.

Pegers
Pony Car
Pony Car

June 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm #5

that is in good enough shape to hang on to until you find the box.

pjedsel
Muscle Car
Muscle Car

June 17th, 2018, 3:50 am #6

The truck is in very good shape for being in a bin of death. To me that was the one draw back to some of the Lonestar Impy trucks - the plastic dump box on this one or the plastic tanker piece - the castings were so nice and the plastic parts just seemed to draw away from the niceness of the model. Always been a bit surprised for the time period they came out in that they weren't diecast like the early Matchbox offerings. :toy: