Moderator: Moderators

Hot Wheels Legend Tour Detroit

JBH6666
Fullsize
Fullsize

August 13th, 2018, 8:30 pm #1

My son (TKSJOHN) and I had the opportunity to attend the Hot Wheels Legend Tour Event in Detroit (actually Dearborn) this past Saturday 8/11. It was a nice event- lots of 1:1 scale Hot Wheels models, plenty of other treats, and lots of other collectors. Unfortunately, they sold out of event shirts before the event even began (Adult sizes). They had a "vending machine" that you were able to spin a wheel if you showed that you purchased $20 of merchandise to win a the contents of number generated by your spin. The problem was they had a bunch of generic mainline junk in the machine, with only a couple of the mail-in Blazers you had a chance to get. After waiting in line for 30-40 minutes and factoring in the "price of admission", they should have had a little bit better stuff. All in all a nice time and worth the effort of an early Saturday morning start.

If you brought your real car, you could have taken its picture in front of a sign to replicate the card back. Unfortunately, we drove our Escape instead of one of our "fun" cars. This was another attendee's ride- but I thought it looked cool.

HWJOE
Station Wagon
Station Wagon

August 14th, 2018, 1:00 pm #2

Same things happened here in NJ at the Hot wheels Tour. The vending machine was a joke! i did manage to get a T-Shirt in my size. It looked really thin and had a chemical smell so we washed it soon after I got home. Unfortunately it shrunk 2 sizes before I even could wear it! Now my 14-year old son wears it!
The exhibits at the show were fun as were the collector/customized real cars there! Nice camaraderie between collector attendees as well!