Forseti
Forseti

July 20th, 2018, 5:33 pm #2941

Agreed, Miss Mulva!

Last edited by Forseti on August 1st, 2018, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dryedmangoez
dryedmangoez

July 21st, 2018, 12:37 am #2942

Well, a Blind U-Turn could also entice teams, especially these "good" hero teams, to actually use it whereas a regular U-Turn might discourage them. At least, in the way the show wants to portray these heroes as all good guys and not villains. I think these teams wouldn't really have a problem using U-Turns. It's just the show itself/Jon wanting to push the kumbaya/Canadian heroes can do no wrong atmosphere.

Delores Mulva
Delores Mulva

July 21st, 2018, 9:37 am #2943

Then this is the wrong way, because the blind u-turn, as you said, entices teams to use it and look like villains. Look at the promo ad for next week, and the way the one team is almost cackling over the anonymity of the blind u-turn. Does "we can screw a team, and nobody will know it's us" sound heroic to you? At least it's a double, so if this is an elimination leg (and it'd better be) there's tension in the later part of the episode.

Forseti
Forseti

July 25th, 2018, 2:38 am #2944

This episode just proved how wrong the Yanks and the Aussietards were to skip Jakarta because that leg > the very first TARAUS premiere (Lombok) > the Emmy winner (Bandung). 

Forseti
Forseti

July 25th, 2018, 2:42 am #2945

[+] spoiler
Leg 5: Stratford, ON - F7 TBC, Leg 6: Toronto - Zainab/Monica eliminated in 7th, Leg 7: Winnipeg - F6 NEL or Leanne/Mar eliminated in 6th, Leg 8: Charlottetown, PEI - F5 NEL or Leanne/Mar eliminated in 6th, Leg 9: MXC - Nancy/Mellisa eliminated in 5th, Leg 10: Fredericton, NB - one of Martina/Phil, Courtney/Taylor, Adam/Courtney, or Kwame/Dylan eliminated in 4th, Leg 11: Banff, AB - Finale

Delores Mulva
Delores Mulva

July 25th, 2018, 6:03 am #2946

"Puppy dog ATTACK!"

Not a fun leg, but a challenging leg, with lots of place changes. If anyone doubted that nurse Courtney was competitive, watch her face change as she's watching Adam fail, and watch at the pit stop how she puts her foot on the mat as she's welcoming Todd and Anna, just to be absolutely sure she's ahead of them.

ag
ag

July 25th, 2018, 5:07 pm #2947

so instead of staying close and having the next leg in south Asia or Australia, they already go back to some shitty town in Ontario?

stevey396
stevey396

July 26th, 2018, 2:56 am #2948

Thank fuck I don't have to look at THAT anymore.

dryedmangoez
dryedmangoez

July 26th, 2018, 3:09 am #2949

It really is crazy that they'd waste an opportunity for another Leg, at the very least in Indonesia. Bogor or Bandung at least. TARA5 showed Indonesia is very friendly to productions wanting to film there. I'm sure it wouldn't have cost much more to do another Indonesia Leg.

Delores Mulva
Delores Mulva

July 26th, 2018, 11:00 am #2950

ag wrote: so instead of staying close and having the next leg in south Asia or Australia, they already go back to some shitty town in Ontario?
As much as I'm not a fan of Ontario, Stratford is a neat place. I can think of plenty of tasks the teams could do that would tie into the city, and there's a fair number of famous Canadians that live there that could show up on the leg. If they had time they could even swing by one of the nearby Mennonite communities for a detour, although I'm guessing that they will arrive in Toronto and TO to north of K-W to Stratford might be a bit much for one day.

roadblocker
Enough already
roadblocker
Enough already

July 27th, 2018, 5:01 pm #2951

That was a good leg. TARCAN can be quite a strong rtv show if they just leave the country but we can't have nice things so....

Also, they should have at least stayed one more leg in Indonesia... Bali would have been a good additional leg.

As far as teams are concerned, they are slightly more entertaining than the last season's crop. At least there is no one detestable, and the "worst" team was awf'd finally last night. 

And you all finally need to let Dylan/Kwame into your lives. They are not a bad M/M team.I lol'd at how meta they were about the M/M teams  and first sign-up curse. 

Martina is a star. Thankfully she is featured a lot. Martina singlehandedly saved their team from the Blind U-Turn by blazing through the sewing task, and then Phil succeeding the dance rb with the fewest tries <3

Courtney and Adam are just so engaging. Something about them just screams "TV ready" idk. Also, their tendency to bottomgoddess :lbf Courtney seething in the audience :lbf

Leanne/Mor are surprisingly charismatic team. I thought they would be a dull f/f Andrea/Ebonie type. 

Nancy haggress cackling at the concept of a blind U-Turn. LOL. Nancy reminds me of Cagayan Trish doing TAR. alol :lbf

Delores Mulva
Delores Mulva

July 28th, 2018, 9:21 am #2952

I want Martina to succeed. She brings it, every episode. I think Leanne and Mar are doing well because of Mar. She was an ugly duckling as a child, and I think that helped her develop an engaging personality. Dylan and Kwame are a poor man's Jet and Dave.

dryedmangoez
dryedmangoez

July 28th, 2018, 8:27 pm #2953

Dylan & Kwame and Jet & Dave-lite, but they're still very likeable for what little screentime they get.

Nancy & Mellisa's circumstances as a team are meh. But Nancy's such a spaz and hilarious.

Martina & Phil are awesome, esp Martina of course.

Everyone else is alright. I agree there are no "detestable" teams this season. Thankfully, it's still been reasonably competitive even if there's no fun drama.

nougat
nougat

August 1st, 2018, 1:29 am #2954

So F/F team got saved AGAIN! First the non elim and now this. How obvious they r trying very very hard just like ARC 4 to rig for the F/F to win this shit!

Forseti
Forseti

August 1st, 2018, 2:19 am #2955

A decent filler leg much like the Hamilton one, if not quite at Dawson City's level. 

Forseti
Forseti

August 1st, 2018, 2:20 am #2956

Forseti wrote:
[+] spoiler
Leg 6: Toronto - Zainab/Monica eliminated in 7th, Leg 7: Winnipeg - F6 NEL or Leanne/Mar eliminated in 6th, Leg 8: Charlottetown, PEI - F5 NEL or Leanne/Mar eliminated in 6th, Leg 9: MXC - Nancy/Mellisa eliminated in 5th, Leg 10: Fredericton, NB - one of Martina/Phil, Courtney/Taylor, Adam/Courtney, or Kwame/Dylan eliminated in 4th, Leg 11: Banff, AB - Finale

Delores Mulva
Delores Mulva

August 1st, 2018, 4:12 am #2957

How obvious they r trying very very hard just like ARC 4 to rig for the F/F to win this shit!
Jon says, "You are the Xth team to arrive," which means it's going to be a continued leg, and he does that for the first team. He can't see into the future.

"We suck right now."

Skeptical door inspector appreciation, followed closely by twelve year old puzzle solver appreciation. I feel bad for the teams that get U-turned next week, because "to be continued" legs almost always end in an elimination.

AlsoKnownAsJer2002

August 8th, 2018, 12:22 am #2958

Omg I want them all to vouge!!!

Forseti
Forseti

August 8th, 2018, 2:34 am #2959

Forseti wrote:
Forseti wrote:
[+] spoiler
Leg 7: Winnipeg - F6 NEL or Leanne/Mar eliminated in 6th, Leg 8: Charlottetown, PEI - F5 NEL or Leanne/Mar eliminated in 6th, Leg 9: MXC - Nancy/Mellisa eliminated in 5th, Leg 10: Fredericton, NB - one of Martina/Phil, Courtney/Taylor, Adam/Courtney, or Kwame/Dylan eliminated in 4th, Leg 11: Banff, AB - Finale

Delores Mulva
Delores Mulva

August 8th, 2018, 11:10 am #2960

"Smells like sweat and fun."

Mar killed that vogue challenge (loved watching the judge's jaw drop), then defied my expectations and turned that Dempster's product placement into an actual challenge. "Put bread in boxes" - how could so many teams screw up something that simple in any way? The more I watch Martina and Phil, the more I want them to win. The opposite is true of Courtney and Adam. They've had good moments on past legs, and I want to like them (the dance crowd seemed to like Adam in his outfit), but the low-level bickering is sucking the fun right out of them.