Survivor S37/38 casting spoilers & rumors

M1L9
M1L9

October 20th, 2017, 12:11 pm #1

Since the new casting cycle for S37 & S38 seemingly is upon us yet again thread for it might as well be made for it. There's not much info yet unsurprisingly but Redmond posted a few tweets some days ago talking about the cycle. The 2 seasons most likely will be set in Fiji again & it seems like at the moment only newbies have been contacted by casting.

M1L9
M1L9

October 21st, 2017, 10:15 am #2

From Redmond's latest newsletter regarding S37 & S38 (was published earlier today)

As of this moment, it seems that once again production is planning for two newbie seasons for 37 and 38, so we should expect multiple rounds of finals over the next few months. However, it is very early days, and as always plans can change, so I wouldn't be so bold to rule out some form of returnees yet - four complete newbie seasons in a row seems almost too good to be true. But fingers crossed!

Seasons 37 and 38 are all but confirmed to be filming in Fiji again. Jeff Probst and production are very high on the location in terms of comfort for cast and crew, shooting capabilities, and the easy working relationship with the local government. Probst recently told EW's Dalton Ross that he hopes Fiji will become the permanent home for Survivor going forward.

NSideGuy18
NSideGuy18

October 21st, 2017, 11:16 am #3

I could see it staying 4 newbies in a row because of the GC feedback fandom wide.

Probst did bring up SC again, so that’s probably being planned for 39. CBS won’t allow it until then, imo.

Andi
Andi

October 21st, 2017, 2:33 pm #4

I'm thinking they're keeping a full-vet season for 40. They missed the chance for doing one in 30, they'll definitely consider doing something huge for the milestone.

NSideGuy18
NSideGuy18

October 22nd, 2017, 1:46 am #5

I think 40 will potentially be special, it’s also 20th anniversary. But, i’m also curious to see if Probst gets his SC2 before then.

Andi
Andi

October 22nd, 2017, 8:09 am #6

I hope not! Another SC before 40 (if it's an actual all vets) will just repeat the 'Game Changers was too soon' thought.

And I doubt we'd get a decent SC cast so soon after the first one.

JerseyJerk14
JerseyJerk14

October 22nd, 2017, 4:13 pm #7

Not to make a “wish list” but there are easily 30+ people who could be on a SC list who weren’t on the first time. We have S32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 to add to the list so thats in the least 5 people, but probably some combination of 10, that would make up the 30 ish people since they are all about recent seasons.

It would be interesting to do Second Chances 2 as Season 37 (so for this spring season we get the list and they film S38 first like they did with S32/31 and air in that same order)

....But when threads are made, shouldn’t there be some info? 😐

I’ll get right on making the 39/40 threads. It’s just too many people trying to jump the gun on these boards, imo. 

JerseyJerk14
JerseyJerk14

October 22nd, 2017, 4:16 pm #8

Correction, no S34 obviously...but thats still 4 seasons of extra second chancers to add besides people like Greg Buis who was a maybe the first time ect. 

Plus, theres still 2 or 3 Outback players who haven’t returned...gotta get them all back. 

BBSurvivor.survivorsucks

October 23rd, 2017, 5:35 am #9

When was the last time we had 4 seasons of all newbie? Cause I'm thinking back and I can't remember. Would they really do 4 seasons in a row??

M1L9
M1L9

October 23rd, 2017, 9:16 am #10

BBSurvivor.survivorsucks wrote: When was the last time we had 4 seasons of all newbie? Cause I'm thinking back and I can't remember. Would they really do 4 seasons in a row??
I mean its not that unlikely. Cagayan-Kaoh Rong was technically a 4 season newbie stretch as they were filmed back to back & Cambodia was then filmed after Kaoh Long but aired before. So its doesn't sound completely outside the realm of possibility that we could get 4 newbie seasons in a row IMO.

rdroid
rdroid

October 24th, 2017, 6:26 am #11

I hope there would be a special season featuring 10 American castaways vs 10 castaways of Australian Survivor.

Survivor: USA vs Australia.

MirrorImagesSpirit
MirrorImagesSpirit

October 25th, 2017, 12:12 am #12

rdroid wrote: I hope there would be a special season featuring 10 American castaways vs 10 castaways of Australian Survivor.

That could actually a good idea for 40, if they both last and are popular till then. Probst has apparently met the Aussie host and seen the Aussie version according to our local media, so it doesn't seem impossible

TheGameIsAfoot
TheGameIsAfoot

October 25th, 2017, 5:00 am #13

I really hope they sit out the ASS seasons until 40. Like someone already said, something special will be done for the 20th Anniversary, they should REALLY keep the returnee appearances done until then.

M1L9
M1L9

October 25th, 2017, 7:15 pm #14

Well seems like the first possible S37/S38 candidate has been leaked via Russell Hantz twitter . A girl named Jessica from Florida. She probably won't appear on the show this cycle at least now that the information is out there already here by late October.

cluckitycluck
cluckitycluck

October 25th, 2017, 11:50 pm #15

I applied years ago, back when I was young and stupid and starving and being sleep-deprived and dehydrated sounded fun. Made semi-finals but wasn't cast, obviously. But they still contact me from time to time, asking if I'm still interested. I'm not interested anymore (casting process is a fucking nightmare), but they e-mailed me a bit ago again about the next wave of casting. So, unless they change their minds again, seems like 37-38 will be newbies, just based on the e-mail. But take that with a grain of salt and stuff. Hopefully they don't switch it to some ridiculous returnee season like Game-Changers last minute again. Please Lord, please...

JoeJoeJunior
JoeJoeJunior

October 26th, 2017, 1:56 pm #16

MirrorImagesSpirit wrote:
rdroid wrote: I hope there would be a special season featuring 10 American castaways vs 10 castaways of Australian Survivor.

That could actually a good idea for 40, if they both last and are popular till then. Probst has apparently met the Aussie host and seen the Aussie version according to our local media, so it doesn't seem impossible
I think something like this has been discussed before (maybe in the BB forum when people bring up the idea of a BB:USA vs BB:CAN season) but isn't there some legal reason why this could never happen? Like you have to be an American citizen to participate on the show because of the taxes on the prize money...or something like that. 

Stone Hot
Enough already
Stone Hot
Enough already

October 27th, 2017, 12:16 pm #17

Have they started making callbacks yet? If so when do they stop?

JerseyJerk14
JerseyJerk14

October 27th, 2017, 12:35 pm #18

No one gives a shit about other countries. 

Even their biggest star of Australian Survivor no one would give a shit about. 

anthonyd46
MeSS Member
anthonyd46
MeSS Member

October 31st, 2017, 7:15 am #19

NSideGuy18 wrote: I could see it staying 4 newbies in a row because of the GC feedback fandom wide.

Probst did bring up SC again, so that’s probably being planned for 39. CBS won’t allow it until then, imo.

12-15 is the only time they had 4 newbie seasons in a row if you don't count season 1-7 which is before all-stars existed. From 12-19 there was 7 of 8 newbie seasons with Micronesia being the only returnee one featuring half the cast. So yes if 35-38 is all newbies it will be the most in 23 seasons or 11.5 years. 

Probst has brought up second chance plenty of times. I don't remember what interview it was, but he said its CBS that wants it back more than anything and they wanted it back for S33, but Probst said it was too soon.

Also to the person that said survivor 39 would be too soon for second chance again. Are you serious? Thats 8 seasons and 4 years later. I think 4 years is along enough layoff. 

The problem with game changers is it felt like they gave up after picking half the cast and just left it with filler. The pre-merge was great, but since all the big characters were picked off their worst nightmare happened which was a merge filled with a toned down ozzy, cirie, and a bunch of mostly newer players and second chance rejects. They could have really made some better picks of the cast and it would have been so much better. This should have been like a legends season of people that fit the theme bring on Penner, Russell, Tyson, etc. It was basically half big names, half duds. Thats why it didnt work as a whole season. I mean even if it was like 18 survivors 3 tribes 1 tribe of challenge beasts, 1 tribe of strategists, and 1 tribe of winners something like that would have worked. It was a half assed effort and it showed.

What I like about the Second chance idea was the contestants were so pumped and into the season. You can tell they wanted to be there and the dejection of the ones that didn't make it. There have been 516 survivors and 91 returnees, 4 survivors are deceased none of those 4 were returnees. Then you have to subtract the winners that aren't part of the 91 returnees which is 18 (16 have returned, 17 haven't including the S35 winner). That means at this current moment they have a pool of 403 to pick from that have not returned. That number will obviously rise as more non returnee seasons happen. I mean sure out of 400 + survivors they can come up with 30 or so names. 

anthonyd46
MeSS Member
anthonyd46
MeSS Member

October 31st, 2017, 7:17 am #20

(16 have returned, 18 haven't)