crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 13th, 2018, 10:58 pm #81

Puzzle solvers are generally volunteers, someone who's put themselves forward. We have gleaned stuff from reactions at challenges endlessly.  We're not always right, but it's a good indicator. 

If say Lyrsa isn't fitting in she would be a candidate. She is shown actively working on the palm fronds for the hut.  She's seen interacting with the women.  Unlike Bi & Pat she looks relatively happy. Besides her hair, what else makes her stand out?  If anyone isn't fitting in it might be Bi.

UnanimousBB16
UnanimousBB16

September 14th, 2018, 12:30 am #82

Stephanie G was on the sidelines in the first challenge last season (not in the puzzle), and was booted. The circumstance is different (Jacob was spared, and he was on the puzzle), but it's possible.

I think it's Bi or Lyrsa, but we've veen wrong before.

iiAlexa
iiAlexa

September 14th, 2018, 8:59 am #83

So Kara & Natalia are puzzle solvers for Goliath?

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 14th, 2018, 9:13 am #84

They'd be among the puzzle solvers we don't know how many.  Nor so we have much evidence on how they are interacting other than pictures.

Gonzalez put her neck in the noose by playing too hard at the start. 

The Very Insane Shark

September 14th, 2018, 12:54 pm #85

crocophile wrote: Puzzle solvers are generally volunteers, someone who's put themselves forward. We have gleaned stuff from reactions at challenges endlessly.  We're not always right, but it's a good indicator. 

If say Lyrsa isn't fitting in she would be a candidate. She is shown actively working on the palm fronds for the hut.  She's seen interacting with the women.  Unlike Bi & Pat she looks relatively happy. Besides her hair, what else makes her stand out?  If anyone isn't fitting in it might be Bi.
Albeit, we can't know for sure where these people's heads are at, but putting yourself forward, even if you fail, is not automatically a bad thing.  Who's to say the tribe doesn't value the willingness to compete and try to win for the tribe over someone who'll jump at the chance to sit out?

Lyrsa by her own admission isn't a very athletic person and has a bit of a temper and a tell-it-like-it-is attitude -- all qualities that get folks in trouble early on more often than not.  If you listen to the Josh Wigler pre-game interviews she didn't exactly make the best first impression with several of her fellow competitors.  Mike White even mentioned an incident with a starving dog that wandered into base camp that Lyrsa was unsympathetic toward, and people noticed and it rubbed them the wrong way.  Mike said he'd personally vote her out first just for that.

And if I'm honest, I never put much stock in the handful of press release photos that we get every pre-season.  Mari for example appeared very happy and social and busy, and look how that turned out.

The Very Insane Shark

September 14th, 2018, 3:17 pm #86

All that being said, though, I still feel like a Goliath IC loss is very much possible.

Taking everything into consideration, I just can't shake this gut feeling I have that Natalia is our first boot.

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 14th, 2018, 4:52 pm #87

I hadn't seen Josh's pregame interview, will have to check it out.

Kona
MeSS Moderator
Kona
MeSS Moderator

September 14th, 2018, 5:05 pm #88

The Very Insane Shark

September 14th, 2018, 5:06 pm #89

crocophile wrote: I hadn't seen Josh's pregame interview, will have to check it out.
You should!  It's lengthy (not a bad thing) and gives a lot of really interesting insights.

One of the biggest reveals is that Davie was actually an alternate.  He replaced a first pick who got sent home at the last minute for unknown reasons.

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 14th, 2018, 8:52 pm #90

The Very Insane Shark wrote:
crocophile wrote: I hadn't seen Josh's pregame interview, will have to check it out.
You should!  It's lengthy (not a bad thing) and gives a lot of really interesting insights.

One of the biggest reveals is that Davie was actually an alternate.  He replaced a first pick who got sent home at the last minute for unknown reasons.
It's a good read.  Pat seems more popular than I would have suspected.  Nick is very skeptical and that's not a bad thing if used the right way.  Gabby looks very amiable in the pictures, but was way more reserved with the cast pregame. If first impressions hold up she's not in for the long haul. She does have pretty good reads on others.  If she can get past the first few TCs she might last. Not spending a lot of time with the others might help Davie.  Everyone goes right to Cochran with Christian he better find an Idol because he's got a X right on his back.

Lyrsa is really mixed some like her others are turned off.  Bi was giving mostly good vibes.

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 14th, 2018, 10:27 pm #91

The Very Insane Shark wrote: All that being said, though, I still feel like a Goliath IC loss is very much possible.

Taking everything into consideration, I just can't shake this gut feeling I have that Natalia is our first boot.
Natalia may have a chance to go in ep 2.  Sunny pic of a very happy Gabby with Davie & Carl behind her. 

Who's feet?

Christian eyeing Parchment?

Kona
MeSS Moderator
Kona
MeSS Moderator

September 15th, 2018, 12:26 am #92

Google found some not yet released press photos.

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 1.jpg

This may be the second (Day 6) challenge.  Mike is missing, but may be a sit out.  Nah, they are dressed the same as the Day 3 tribe photo.

image 4.jpg

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 15th, 2018, 12:38 am #93

Great find, Kona!

Last shot (pole) looks like the end as they are all watching intently. They may have to put something on top of the pole, however.  Mike is in the race at the beginning. He's probably just out of view. 

BBSurvivor.survivorsucks

September 15th, 2018, 12:54 am #94

Lovely, so Christian probably finds the idol and gets another advantage judging by that photo. #shocker

I agree Natalia's out second. She's the only one on that tribe not seen past ep2 right? Definitely in for what seems like a female slaughter pre-merge as they're the only boot options. Natalia/Elizabeth/bi/Jessica/lyrsa

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 15th, 2018, 1:05 am #95

BBSurvivor.survivorsucks wrote: Lovely, so Christian probably finds the idol and gets another advantage judging by that photo. #shocker

I agree Natalia's out second. She's the only one on that tribe not seen past ep2 right? Definitely in for what seems like a female slaughter pre-merge as they're the only boot options. Natalia/Elizabeth/bi/Jessica/lyrsa
My guess is the parchment Christian has is the one he found on the boat.  I'm not sure we have anything past ep 2. The 'wrestling challenge' is the ep 1 IC.   They swim when they jump off the boat. The rope could be part of the Ep 1 IC. I only see the opener RC on the boat, the rainy day first IC and the sunny day RC/IC 

It's way to early to look at anything past ep 2. 

anthonyd46
MeSS Member
anthonyd46
MeSS Member

September 15th, 2018, 4:49 am #96

One of the articles Wigler? said for the first time in a while there are no advantages on the marooning boat.

anthonyd46
MeSS Member
anthonyd46
MeSS Member

September 15th, 2018, 5:51 am #97

https://i.imgur.com/Ls7clcd.jpg

This is apparently a letter Lyrsa's GF is writing to her on April 9th.

April 9th would be Day 12. Once its mailed out etc it probably wouldn't get there till day 19 or 20. I know for a fact by watching Ponderosa videos even if they don't win the challenge they usually get to read the letters after they get voted out. Therefore if this is in fact an authentic letter sent to Lyrsa on the Island we can probably speculate Lyrsa makes the merge. However we have no clue when the letter was actually written.

HOWEVER, Question I guess I would have and I am not sure if we can get an answer to this, but how does the letter thing work? To avoid spoilers do they have EVERY family or SO of the contestant wrote one or is it only for the players in the game at that point? So basically if they only have the family/SO of the remaining contestants write one I think we can call Lyrsa safe from first boot, but if they have everyone write one this means nothing.

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 15th, 2018, 12:43 pm #98

anthonyd46 wrote: One of the articles Wigler? said for the first time in a while there are no advantages on the marooning boat.
A clue probably isn't considered an actual advantage. Last few iterations they had the willed advantages. 

They generally have letters as part of a reward.  Possibly everyone's loved ones are instructed to write letters at some point.  It could mean something.  Wigler's pre-game cast self assessment left open the possibility of an bottom dweller alliance Gabby, Christian, Lyrsa, and Elizabeth.  All they need is one more. Point is Lyrsa has a chance to advance further. 

Kona
MeSS Moderator
Kona
MeSS Moderator

September 15th, 2018, 2:05 pm #99

Google found some more.

image 5.jpg   image 6.jpg   image 7.jpg  

crocophile
MeSSY Admin
crocophile
MeSSY Admin

September 15th, 2018, 2:42 pm #100

Whatever they are trying to solving they are moving the pieces around quite a bit as seen in these two shots. The top shot may be later as Carl is taking a seat and the 7 is sideways on the puzzle in the lower shot. Alison is the caller, a critical position. 

Any idea what they are trying to solve? 

Confirmation of reply: