Possible LOST Reboot? NO NO NO!

FeliciaM7
Enough already
FeliciaM7
Enough already

April 26th, 2014, 9:48 pm #1

Last edited by FeliciaM7 on April 27th, 2014, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aluelk
Aluelk

April 27th, 2014, 1:30 am #2

I don't want to see Lost come back, as much as I like the show. Rebooting the show can't really harm the original 6 seasons, but whatever they do after that just won't be the same, it won't be Lost. Even if they got all the same actors to agree to come back, they are all older now, they have worked on many different things since Lost, and they are at a totally different point in their life. There's no way the actors could ever get into their roles again and pull it off the way they did during the first 6 seasons. 

QualityBobby
Enough already
QualityBobby
Enough already

April 27th, 2014, 1:54 am #3

I'll pass, thanks.

FeliciaM7
Enough already
FeliciaM7
Enough already

April 27th, 2014, 4:28 am #4

Aluelk wrote:
I don't want to see Lost come back, as much as I like the show. Rebooting the show can't really harm the original 6 seasons, but whatever they do after that just won't be the same, it won't be Lost. Even if they got all the same actors to agree to come back, they are all older now, they have worked on many different things since Lost, and they are at a totally different point in their life. There's no way the actors could ever get into their roles again and pull it off the way they did during the first 6 seasons. 
Since Damon and Carlton would have no part of a reboot, I highly doubt ANY of the original cast would touch this.
Lost will always be my favorite tv show. I think it should be left alone.

Aluelk
Aluelk

April 27th, 2014, 3:00 pm #5

FeliciaM7 wrote:
Aluelk wrote:I don't want to see Lost come back, as much as I like the show. Rebooting the show can't really harm the original 6 seasons, but whatever they do after that just won't be the same, it won't be Lost. Even if they got all the same actors to agree to come back, they are all older now, they have worked on many different things since Lost, and they are at a totally different point in their life. There's no way the actors could ever get into their roles again and pull it off the way they did during the first 6 seasons. 
Since Damon and Carlton would have no part of a reboot, I highly doubt ANY of the original cast would touch this.
Lost will always be my favorite tv show. I think it should be left alone.
I think the only way it could possibly work is if many many decades go by, and then they re-make Lost similar to what they have done with movies like King Kong. By that point, most people watching the new Lost have probably not even been born yet. But even then, I don't think it would work and would never be as good as the original. Even 100 years from now, if somebody wants to watch Lost, they should just watch the original (and hopefully the only Lost ever made). 

ghostbusted
ghostbusted

April 28th, 2014, 3:47 am #6

Any chance that they could pull of not a reboot exactly but a continuation? There must be stories of what happened on the Island after the LOST conclusion.

FeliciaM7
Enough already
FeliciaM7
Enough already

April 28th, 2014, 4:56 am #7

A continuation would be worse. Sideways world happened.. and again.. none of the original characters would return. I don't see that happening.

Antithesys
Gadabout

April 28th, 2014, 12:55 pm #8

None of the original characters returned in Star Trek The Next Generation, everyone scoffed at it, and it turned out to be one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever and redefined its franchise.

All of this is ignoring the fact that nobody is actually considering bringing back Lost. Cuse said "I think it's likely that at some point ABC will want to reboot Lost." That doesn't mean fucking anything.

Aluelk
Aluelk

April 28th, 2014, 2:32 pm #9

I think it's possible that at some point there may be a continuation of Lost, independent of all the original people who made it. The island still exists and they could do a continuation showing what happened after the 2004-2007 timeframe, with all new people.

But it really won't be the same, we already know all about the island. If they continued it it would be very light, and wouldn't have the same level of intrigue at all. It would just be repeating all the same mysterious of the island (which we already know), with a different story and different people. Part of what makes Lost so great is the intrigue and mystery of not knowing what's going on.

BoeschFan
Enough already
BoeschFan
Enough already

April 28th, 2014, 8:16 pm #10

Antithesys wrote:
None of the original characters returned in Star Trek The Next Generation, everyone scoffed at it, and it turned out to be one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever and redefined its franchise.

All of this is ignoring the fact that nobody is actually considering bringing back Lost. Cuse said "I think it's likely that at some point ABC will want to reboot Lost." That doesn't mean fucking anything.
What I read it as is ABC is bereft of original ideas and will keep trying to milk a cow not only after it's dry, but also after it's croaked.

JLK Name
Enough already
JLK Name
Enough already

May 2nd, 2014, 8:02 am #11

I don't want a reboot, though if they are planning one, I hope they keep things similar to the original show but remove some unnecessary stuff that happened especially to the filler episodes.

In my opinion, ABC should just create a show similar to Lost or inspired by Lost, and not a new version of the show.

Frieda
Frieda

May 4th, 2014, 1:47 am #12

doubt it would be good...but hey its something!

FeliciaM7
Enough already
FeliciaM7
Enough already

May 4th, 2014, 9:49 pm #13

JLK Name wrote:
I don't want a reboot, though if they are planning one, I hope they keep things similar to the original show but remove some unnecessary stuff that happened especially to the filler episodes.

In my opinion, ABC should just create a show similar to Lost or inspired by Lost, and not a new version of the show.
I can deal with that.

May 6th, 2014, 7:35 pm #14

Javi wrote this piece on writing for shows like Lost and it's very good. http://www.apex-magazine.com/finding-th ... -have-one/

FeliciaM7
Enough already
FeliciaM7
Enough already

May 7th, 2014, 3:00 am #15

I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. : )

managerr
Enough already
managerr
Enough already

May 12th, 2014, 3:27 am #16

He didn't say when it would come back. Why shouldn't a new generation of fans experience all new adventures?

They could have new versions of the same characters or make it totally different. Such a reboot could avoid a lot of the mis-steps of the previous incarnation. Who knows? Maybe Nicki and Paolo would be main players, maybe Kate wouldn't suck so much as a character.
But it really won't be the same, we already know all about the island.
There are so many holes and unanswered mysteries--no one really knows anything about the island itself.

A continuation sounds best. A new flight crash lands on the island with new cast. (I want the only returning cast member to be Vincent) We think it's the same island we know--but it's really different now. Maybe it's not the same island? Throw in random cast members from the old series as surprises during sweeps and you have a new hit on your hand.

But this is the far far future. Still too soon. The stink of the series finale has to wear off a bit.

BoeschFan
Enough already
BoeschFan
Enough already

May 12th, 2014, 4:09 pm #17

managerr wrote:
A continuation sounds best. A new flight crash lands on the island with new cast. (I want the only returning cast member to be Vincent) We think it's the same island we know--but it's really different now. Maybe it's not the same island? Throw in random cast members from the old series as surprises during sweeps and you have a new hit on your hand.
But with Hurley in charge, and the MiB dead, there won't be any conflict.  Every week, it'll be an hour of everyone singing Kumbaya and doing trust falls.

managerr
Enough already
managerr
Enough already

May 12th, 2014, 7:32 pm #18

But with Hurley in charge, and the MiB dead, there won't be any conflict. Every week, it'll be an hour of everyone singing Kumbaya and doing trust falls.
It's fiction and LOST. They'll just ke shit up. Episode 1 starts with Hurley MIA, it can be one of the "mysteries" of the new show. Why can't new evil people accidentally find their way to the island?
Or the timelines on the island is wonky anyway, they just landed on a version before Hurley was in charge.

We know fom the finale that Hurley eventually died anyway.

LoudyPants
Enough already
LoudyPants
Enough already

June 5th, 2014, 2:56 am #19

Derp derp
Last edited by LoudyPants on June 5th, 2014, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoudyPants
Enough already
LoudyPants
Enough already

June 5th, 2014, 2:57 am #20

Derp
Last edited by LoudyPants on June 5th, 2014, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.