GBIAD
GBIAD

8:16 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1681

@ Screerider - unfortunately, your information doesn't jibe well with Trump's whole, "oooooo, be afraid of illegal immigrants... they're here to murder and rape you!" bogeyman routine.

GBIAD
GBIAD

8:19 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1682

Kathy Fan 2 wrote:
GBIAD wrote: You don't think that Trump used ethnic smears against Mexicans as part of his build the wall campaign?  You don't think it's significant that Trump said a judge hearing a civil suit against him should be recused because he was Mexican and therefore couldn't be objective where Trump was concerned?
You are like, literally the definition of what the media aims to create with their coverage. The literal definition of what they want.

There is ZERO evidence Trump is racist...zero. But you’re convinced. All he is I TOUGH, STRONG, and HARD on crime. And it just so happens that it’s primarily to the Democratic base.

NOT HIS FAULT.
You, sir, are a moron.  But sure, comfort yourself with the idea that Trump's racism is purely a MSM-created perception that has no basis in reality.  And heck, he really respects women, too!

Screerider
Enough already
Screerider
Enough already

8:19 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1683

No. No it does not.

Kathy Fan 2
Enough already
Kathy Fan 2
Enough already

8:19 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1684

GBIAD wrote: @ Screerider - unfortunately, your information doesn't jibe well with Trump's whole, "oooooo, be afraid of illegal immigrants... they're here to murder and rape you!" bogeyman routine.
[img]

A previously deported illegal immigrant from Honduras -- who raped a child after Philadelphia authorities ignored an ICE detainer and released him -- pleaded guilty Tuesday to illegal reentry.

After local criminal charges against him were dropped, Philadelphia officials did not comply with a detainer by Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Vasquez was released, according to the U.S Attorney's Office.

“The facts of this case highlight the danger posed by the City of Philadelphia’s decision to disregard ICE detainers and release previously deported aliens from local custody,” U.S. Attorney William McSwain said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/08/pr ... entry.html

Kathy Fan 2
Enough already
Kathy Fan 2
Enough already

8:20 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1685

They’re not illegally sending us their best.

Kathy Fan 2
Enough already
Kathy Fan 2
Enough already

8:21 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1686

GBIAD wrote:
Kathy Fan 2 wrote:
GBIAD wrote: You don't think that Trump used ethnic smears against Mexicans as part of his build the wall campaign?  You don't think it's significant that Trump said a judge hearing a civil suit against him should be recused because he was Mexican and therefore couldn't be objective where Trump was concerned?
You are like, literally the definition of what the media aims to create with their coverage. The literal definition of what they want.

There is ZERO evidence Trump is racist...zero. But you’re convinced. All he is I TOUGH, STRONG, and HARD on crime. And it just so happens that it’s primarily to the Democratic base.

NOT HIS FAULT.
You, sir, are a moron.  But sure, comfort yourself with the idea that Trump's racism is purely a MSM-created perception that has no basis in reality.  And heck, he really respects women, too!
Well, he did have the first successful Presidential campaign run by a female and has appointed many to his cabinet. That’s one thing we can agree on. <3

GBIAD
GBIAD

8:31 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1687

Kathy Fan 2 wrote: They’re not illegally sending us their best.
Actually, they kind of are... most illegal immigrants aren't murderous rapists... they are people who know that economic prospects in the US are far superior to where they are currently live.  It takes a certain amount of guts, energy and gumption to pick up stakes and sneak into a country that is hostile to your presence.  I'm not condoning their actions, I'm just saying you are, in many cases, getting the most ambitious and hard-working sneaking in because they want to make $$$

GBIAD
GBIAD

8:32 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1688

If killing and raping was their main interest, they know they don't have to leave to indulge in those.  In fact, doing those things and getting away with it is easier where they are relative to the US.

Kathy Fan 2
Enough already
Kathy Fan 2
Enough already

8:34 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1689

GBIAD wrote:
Actually, they kind of are... most illegal immigrants aren't murderous rapists... they are people who know that economic prospects in the US are far superior to where they are currently live.  It takes a certain amount of guts, energy and gumption to pick up stakes and sneak into a country that is hostile to your presence.  I'm not condoning their actions, I'm just saying you are, in many cases, getting the most ambitious and hard-working sneaking in because they want to make $$$
Make $$$ by taking jobs from legal taxpaying citizens? If they’re getting here illegally, they’re only earning their money illegally as well. They’re criminals. It hasn’t EVER been about race. Not a single solitary time. It’s all media spin to FREAK PEOPLE OUT and make them vote Democrat. It’s their Base. Trump is attacking their Base.

BobbyBrown11
Enough already
BobbyBrown11
Enough already

8:35 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1690

Michael Avenatti in Iowa: I'm seriously considering running against Trump
------
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics ... index.html

Kathy Fan 2
Enough already
Kathy Fan 2
Enough already

8:41 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1691

Honest question: people DO understand when Trump says “Americans” as in...illegals are taking jobs away from hardworking Americans, that umbrella includes Asian Americans, Latino Americans, Hispanic Americans, African Americans, Native Americans...ALL Americans.

Nowhere has he ever said that he’s getting tough on illegal immigrants in order to protect white, people.

Democrats are the only ones making this about race.

ON PURPOSE.

And it’s gonna backfire gloriously and I cannot fucking wait for it.

GBIAD
GBIAD

8:44 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1692

Kathy Fan 2 wrote:
GBIAD wrote:
Make $$$ by taking jobs from legal taxpaying citizens? If they’re getting here illegally, they’re only earning their money illegally as well. They’re criminals. It hasn’t EVER been about race. Not a single solitary time. It’s all media spin to FREAK PEOPLE OUT and make them vote Democrat. It’s their Base. Trump is attacking their Base.
The problem, KF2, is that you are projecting the way YOU feel onto ALL others who also oppose both illegal and legal immigration.  I know you aren't a racist.  You're just fucking stupid.  Not all "build the wall!" types are racist... but can you not at least wrap around your mind around the concept that some of that intense feeling is generated by a dislike of Spanish speaking brown people?

GBIAD
GBIAD

8:46 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1693

BobbyBrown11 wrote:
Michael Avenatti in Iowa: I'm seriously considering running against Trump
------
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics ... index.html
I sincerely hope he is just a run of the mill publicity whore and not actually serious.  Not that it matters, I suppose, because he wouldn't even get out of Iowa.

Kathy Fan 2
Enough already
Kathy Fan 2
Enough already

8:52 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1694

GBIAD wrote:
Kathy Fan 2 wrote:
GBIAD wrote:

The problem, KF2, is that you are projecting the way YOU feel onto ALL others who also oppose both illegal and legal immigration.  I know you aren't a racist.  You're just fucking stupid.  Not all "build the wall!" types are racist... but can you not at least wrap around your mind around the concept that some of that intense feeling is generated by a dislike of Spanish speaking brown people?
Yes America is full of dumb voters. Sure there are dumb Republicans, racist ones too. But that isn’t what you said, you said there was a ton of evidence that Trump himself is racist and that’s what I took issue with.

Remington Steele
Remington Steele

8:52 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1695

Kathy Fan 2 wrote:
GBIAD wrote:
And yet you celebrate rich douche Elon Musk losing shareholders' money and devaluing the company in general.

I thought most of the Mexicans are refugees trying to escape crime and violence...they're the good ones trying to get away from murderous rapists. Wanting to make $$$ is probably way down the list of priorities.

SurvivorLDog93
Enough already
SurvivorLDog93
Enough already

8:54 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1696

Oh dat wascawwy wacist Twump! He invented MS-13 just to fwuff da base! What a wascawwy wacist!

Licorice
Enough already
Licorice
Enough already

8:55 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1697

BobbyBrown11 wrote:
Licorice wrote:
GBIAD wrote: Oh and by the way Snopes has demolished the bullshit claim beloved by racists like you that illegal immigrants have been responsible for 63,000 homicides since 2001 - a bullshit claim repeated by racist Trump this year.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/have- ... 0-us-9-11/
It's funny, when you assume 25,000,000 illegals (a pretty conservative estimate), and a murder rate of about 16 per 100,000 (based on murder rates in Mexico in recent years), over 18 years you get a total number of 72,000 murders by illegals in the US, pretty damn close to the number Trump apparently mentioned!

Do you guys ever get tired of being wrong about Trump?
Well of course if you're just pulling numbers out of your ass you can make any claim look good
The murder rate is based on recent murder rates in Mexico, you can see the graphs on the internet. Do you find that to be unreasonable?

The estimate for total number of illegals in the US is well within the range of estimates. Even if you consider the actual number to be off by +/- 30%, the total number of homicides committed by illegals is still within the ballpark of the number Trump used.

I know you hate this so much, but Trump is basically right.

Sorry for you that the Snopes "analysis" that is devoid of any real calculations didn't even hold up to 10 minutes of scrutiny.

Screerider
Enough already
Screerider
Enough already

8:55 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1698

We should also deport US Citizens who commit these same crimes at an even higher rate, right?

GBIAD
GBIAD

9:01 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1699

Remington Steele wrote:
Kathy Fan 2 wrote:
GBIAD wrote:

And yet you celebrate rich douche Elon Musk losing shareholders' money and devaluing the company in general.

I thought most of the Mexicans are refugees trying to escape crime and violence...they're the good ones trying to get away from murderous rapists. Wanting to make $$$ is probably way down the list of priorities.
I don't know if any studies have been done that credibly break out the reasons for illegal immigration, but I just use common sense.  I think there are an estimated 11.5 million Mexicans who are living in the US illegally.  To me, it strains credulity to think the majority of those people are refugees who desperately fear for their lives.  They are economic migrants unwilling to submit to the legal process they know their chances of getting a green card are low).

BobbyBrown11
Enough already
BobbyBrown11
Enough already

9:03 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #1700

Licorice wrote:
BobbyBrown11 wrote:
Licorice wrote:

It's funny, when you assume 25,000,000 illegals (a pretty conservative estimate), and a murder rate of about 16 per 100,000 (based on murder rates in Mexico in recent years), over 18 years you get a total number of 72,000 murders by illegals in the US, pretty damn close to the number Trump apparently mentioned!

Do you guys ever get tired of being wrong about Trump?
Well of course if you're just pulling numbers out of your ass you can make any claim look good
The murder rate is based on recent murder rates in Mexico, you can see the graphs on the internet. Do you find that to be unreasonable?

The estimate for total number of illegals in the US is well within the range of estimates. Even if you consider the actual number to be off by +/- 30%, the total number of homicides committed by illegals is still within the ballpark of the number Trump used.

I know you hate this so much, but Trump is basically right.

Sorry for you that the Snopes "analysis" that is devoid of any real calculations didn't even hold up to 10 minutes of scrutiny.
1) The illegal population is probably 12 - 15mil, but this is another CPIBIT situation so the debate is already off the rails.

2) Mexican homicide rates are just that. It's in a sense a lawless country when you consider the corruption across all levels. The US has much stricter policies in place to deter these acts so it's like comparing the price of tea in China to what Romber ate for lunch today. They don't jive.