IReallyLikeYou
IReallyLikeYou

2:28 AM - Apr 24, 2012 #41

I think The Sun Will Rise should be released to Country. That song is amazing. I love it.

quickstart
quickstart

2:29 AM - Apr 24, 2012 #42

IReallyLikeYou wrote:I think The Sun Will Rise should be released to Country. That song is amazing. I love it.
I agree. Maybe they are setting the stage with this? If this does well they will release another song, possibly TSWR? 

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

11:32 AM - Apr 24, 2012 #43

IReallyLikeYou wrote:I think The Sun Will Rise should be released to Country. That song is amazing. I love it.
I agree too.  I love that song and it would be perfect for country radio. 

I know the time on the board is fucked up but I'm pretty sure today is April 24th which if memory serves is Kelly's 30th birthday!!  so sending good birthday vibes out to Kelly today!! 

Screerider
Enough already
Screerider
Enough already

7:44 PM - Apr 24, 2012 #44

Yes, today is Kelly's 30th BD. Same as mine. (And Danny Gokey. SHH!)

More:

Births

GreenKnight03
GreenKnight03

7:58 PM - Apr 24, 2012 #45

If they release any song to country, it'll be "Breaking Your Own Heart." I can't imagine a deluxe track, much less a duet with DioGuardi, being released.

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

8:43 PM - Apr 24, 2012 #46

GreenKnight03 wrote: If they release any song to country, it'll be "Breaking Your Own Heart." I can't imagine a deluxe track, much less a duet with DioGuardi, being released.
I'd be okay with that one too.... I love it

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

9:48 PM - Apr 24, 2012 #47

Hits final numbers
29 39 KELLY CLARKSON 19/RCA 10,387 -23%
STRONGER

neverafan
neverafan

11:24 PM - Apr 24, 2012 #48

I'm not worried.  We still have Dark Side and Duets to bolster sales.  I do wish they would announce something about the release of Dark Side though.

MakePaulaCry
Enough already
MakePaulaCry
Enough already

12:55 AM - Apr 25, 2012 #49

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YELLY U FAT PHUCKING COW!!!! EAT CAKE!

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

12:56 AM - Apr 25, 2012 #50

MakePaulaCry wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY YELLY U FAT PHUCKING COW!!!! EAT CAKE!
red velvet cake bitches

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

2:12 AM - Apr 25, 2012 #51

in honor of Kelly's 30th birthday LOL

Jacare15
Jacare15

2:18 AM - Apr 25, 2012 #52

GreenKnight03 wrote:If they release any song to country, it'll be "Breaking Your Own Heart." I can't imagine a deluxe track, much less a duet with DioGuardi, being released.
That's what Nicki Minaj's Superbass song was last year!

latingrl2005
latingrl2005

2:33 AM - Apr 25, 2012 #53

♥ Happy 30th Birthday Kelly! ♥

neverafan
neverafan

11:58 PM - Apr 25, 2012 #54

Kelly Clarkson: From 'American Idol' to 'The Voice' to 'Duets' - 'I'm super proud'

Kelly Clarkson couldn't feel stronger about many things, including her belief in the power of TV's singing competitions.

Riding high on the charts with her single "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" -- currently No. 9 on Billboard's Hot 100 -- the two-time Grammy recipient and original winner of FOX's "American Idol" has been a mentor on NBC's "The Voice." Now, she's ready to be both an adviser and a partner to aspiring stars on ABC's "Duets," premiering Thursday, May 24.

"It's been a misunderstanding that everybody always thinks I'm trying to get away" from such contests, the friendly Clarkson tells Zap2it. "I'm super-proud of how I got in the business, especially a business where there's a lack of funds there used to be. There's no artist development anymore; if you don't make it right off the bat with a No. 1 hit, labels drop you.

"I don't think that; I know that," Clarkson insists. "I have friends that's happened to. This is a great way to get into the business. You're on national television and you're in people's houses, and if people like you, you have a fan base even before you have a record out."

Clarkson also appreciates that both "American Idol" and "Duets" put singers to the test in a variety of genres. "It's just a cool thing to be able to showcase different styles and not be pigeonholed, like most artists are. Whether it's country or pop or rock, I don't think it's that difficult for people to grasp that with me, because they got to see me sing so many different things on 'Idol.'

"I think that's what really draws me to shows like this," Clarkson adds. "People are always like, 'Aw, man, when are they gonna die out?' And I'm like, 'Well, they're gonna die out when y'all stop watching 'em!' And no one stops, because people like to be entertained."

Celebrating a birthday this week ("I'm 30, and I'm excited, because my 20s were hard"), Clarkson admits she hasn't kept up with "American Idol" this season: "I just got off a tour and went straight into doing stuff for 'Duets,' and my schedule is really busy because 'Stronger' is doing so well. And I'm in a new relationship, and when that happens, all your time goes into that. I haven't seen even one episode, but I hear it's a great season."

Named the first "American Idol" 10 years ago, Clarkson is happy to lead her "Duets" partners by example. "That's what I'm excited about for these kids," she confirms, "not just my two [proteges], but everybody on the show. You can totally make a career out of this, if you're willing to put the work in.

"I really focus on working with people who are good people. I want to live a good life and make good choices, and you really have to work at that. It's easy to make bad ones."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/....per-p roud.html

IReallyLikeYou
IReallyLikeYou

1:06 AM - Apr 27, 2012 #55

I didn't know this.
Kelly also recorded a duet with Jason Aldean called “Don’t You Wanna Stay,” which was nominated for a 2012 Grammy and has become the most downloaded country music collaboration in history.
So yet another record for Kelly.

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

1:30 AM - Apr 27, 2012 #56

IReallyLikeYou wrote:I didn't know this.
Kelly also recorded a duet with Jason Aldean called “Don’t You Wanna Stay,” which was nominated for a 2012 Grammy and has become the most downloaded country music collaboration in history.
So yet another record for Kelly.
Kelly is truly the queen of records!!

MehYouKnow
MehYouKnow

2:20 AM - Apr 27, 2012 #57

Classic Kelly <3

Love Justin's arrogant strut and complete bum note at the end. Should've given the poor boy melody.

3:34 PM - Apr 27, 2012 #58

It is such a nice song. Congrats to Kelly, again!

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

3:45 PM - Apr 27, 2012 #59

MehYouKnow wrote:
Classic Kelly <3�

Love Justin's arrogant strut and complete bum note at the end. Should've given the poor boy melody.
funny when you think most people thought Kelly would be long forgotten and Justin would be the big star

utoo
utoo

5:38 PM - Apr 27, 2012 #60

Never seen that vid. They can sing, but frankly, they both sound like shit toward the end. You can tell they know it didn't go well.  He does have stage presence and performance skills though. I can see why people thought he'd be a big star, too.

Anyhoo, they both look soooo young. So cute, too. Both sure have matured looks-wise. He's gotten more muscular, and well, she's gotten a fuller "womanly" shape. Both still in the biz, and doing well in their own way.