MeSS Member
anthonyd46
MeSS Member

August 2nd, 2018, 8:01 pm #1

I didn't see a thread. 

blackjackjill
blackjackjill

August 3rd, 2018, 7:16 am #2

I felt so terrible for Russell Hantz. Why the fuck he didn’t play that idol? The game would have been really interesting cause he would have definitely found another.

Stevie is definitely not the winner. That poker player is not the winner either. Possible contenders are:

1.Moana- she by far has the best edit. Getting Russell out is all credited to her and Russell didn’t even suspect her.

2. Monika- Monika is a possible contender because that whole scene with she and Russell where he was talking about Natalie white and drawing parrellels with Monika’s strategy of being a social player stood out a lot to me. Also, this whole scene is unnecessary because it amounted to nothing and I feel like there’s a reason for that. I remember this was the same early treatment Jericho received last season. Monika is a close second next to Moana.

Lydia: she was referred to being a beast too many times and everyone spoke highly of her. I see being a physical threat later down the line, but for now she’s put herself in a really good position on her tribe.

I really don’t care for any of the contenders to list any of them. I don’t even remember anything about them and they’ve been to the same amount of tribals as the Champs. That only implies that the winner is on the Champs tribe.

Sawyer
Sawyer

August 6th, 2018, 1:13 am #3

Australian Survivor is significantly harder to pin down editorially than pretty much any other Survivor franchise out there imo, so Edgicing this early tends to be pretty challenging. I think the fact that so many Champions got such polished, insightful intro packages also further complicates things, because it's even harder now to assess which people actually matter and are meant to be long-term players, and which ones simply got introduced due to being big names/having interesting backstories/providing good soundbites. Nevertheless, the 6 people that have caught my attention so far and have had strong overall narratives 2 episodes in are:-

1. Moana
2. Shane
3. Mat
4. Sam
5. Robbie
6. Steve K

I feel like it's hard to separate the way Kristie & Jericho were edited during their seasons from the storytelling so far this season, which is why I'm not as high on certain people (e.g. Monika, Anita, Tegan, Paige) as everyone else seems to be - Tegan and Paige, in particular, had pretty basic first confessionals that only took place in the last 20 minutes of the premiere and didn't really introduce them as players or advanced their stories in any significant way other than to set up the potential boot targets for that tribal, and Anita and Monika were nowhere to be found in E2, which is especially damning for the latter since her supposed closest ally imploded and went home without her having anything to say about it.

The rest are tbd.

blackjackjill
blackjackjill

August 7th, 2018, 10:36 pm #4

After the first 4 episodes, I can confidently say the winner is on the Champion’s tribe. So I’ve eliminated all of the contenders except Anita, Texan, and Heath. These are my strong contenders:

1. Moana- she has the best edit of the entire cast. This scares me a lot about her long term game though. Yes she’s doing pretty well, but that’s also a strike against her. This early receiving this strong of an edit is never a good sign. For now she’s going to remain my top contender. However, later on I feel like she’s going to transform into a Sarah and come crashing down within a span of one episode. I’m hoping she’s the winner, but I have my reservations.

2. Sharn( spelling? Moana’s right hand woman)- she’s in a really great position on that tribe. She has to look out for that tight bond between Moana and Mat. It does feel like she’s the third wheel in that triangle since Moana didn’t tell her about the idol. She also seems super aware of the game and can transform into a savvy player later. I can definitely see her inheriting Moana and Mat edit like Jericho did inherit both Sarah and Luke’s edit. If she’s to win that’s exactly how she will be edited- like Jericho 

3.Mat- that whole trio became a powerhouse after episode 4. It will be incredible difficult to break them up. They’re the perfect combination of brain, brawn and beauty. One of these three could win. If it’s Mat, then he’s going to have to step up big time because with his archetype, I expect some alpha out of him.

4. Sam- if that entire trio alliance is a total distraction, then I see Sam running away with this thing. His edit hasn’t been super strong, but we’ve gotten bits and pieces here and there about him like the edit wants us to know he’s there. For example, at the reward feast when everyone was jumping over the clue to the idol( including Sam himself), Sam had a confessional that made it seem like he’s about to find it. However I was kinda stunned Moana was the one who found it. Like why did the editor feel the need to squeeze him in there? Totally unnecessary! Also his chicken chasing scene was noteworthy. His alliance building scene scene with Monika hasn’t been revisited which has him further down the contender list than he should be.

5 Monika- this brings me to another person who could win if the above 4 do not. She had a pretty strong first episode and explained her plan on handling the game. This tells us the kind of game she’s going to play. We all know 85% of survivor is social, and if that’s her strategy we have to look closely at how she navigates through the game. Will people think she’s a spoiled brat? Or will they think she’s a valuable member of the tribe they can’t afford losing? If anyone start to have negative opinion of her like being lazy around camp, or sneaky, or even weak in challenges, this is a sign that her strategy failed and should be eliminated. Almost all of her flaws should be overlooked if she’s going to win the game being a social player. Another thing that stood out to me in episode 4 was her alliance building scene with Jackie. Jackie gave off Tara’s vibe(very unlikeable). If those two were to make final 2, I could see Monika snatching the win. I keep going back to the first episode when Russell told her about Natalie White.Therefore, I’m not too concerned about her not having confessional 3 episodes straight cause let’s face it Nat White when 4episodes without a confessional; not even an introduction. At least Monika has an intro confessional. In essence if she does win, I see her doing it Natalie White style.

Keeping my eyes on the rest of the Champion tribe (with the exception of Jackie who I’ve already eliminated). I’m also keeping my eyes on Anita, Texan and Heath on the Contender tribe.

Everyone else is eliminated 

Italo
Knucklehead McSpazatron
Italo
Knucklehead McSpazatron

August 9th, 2018, 11:13 pm #5

Dear fucking Lord, this is a lot of people!

sonofthebeach
sonofthebeach

August 10th, 2018, 2:08 pm #6

Lol Moana already gone. I love their trippy editing. Its so unpredictable compared to the us seasons.