Cousin Oliver
Cousin Oliver

1:59 AM - Aug 02, 2018 #621

So far, I'm predicting Patches, Emo comic, and one of the young male singers from 7/31 will get wildcard spots.  Maybe jump rope girl, maybe the older woman who forgot the lyrics on 7/31.  Do we know how many total wildcard spots there are this year?

Spanky Hot Dog
Enough already
Spanky Hot Dog
Enough already

2:07 AM - Aug 02, 2018 #622

Cousin Oliver wrote:  Do we know how many total wildcard spots there are this year?

3 I think.  I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a top 36, and we're at 26 right now.  7 more next week will get us to 33 which should leave room for 3 wildcards.  

Cousin Oliver
Cousin Oliver

9:59 PM - Aug 02, 2018 #623

Spanky Hot Dog wrote:
Cousin Oliver wrote:  Do we know how many total wildcard spots there are this year?

3 I think.  I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a top 36, and we're at 26 right now.  7 more next week will get us to 33 which should leave room for 3 wildcards.  

You're right.  I always forget about the original 5 Golden Buzzer acts that went through before Judge's Cuts.  Thanks!

Benedict
Benedict

10:02 PM - Aug 02, 2018 #624

I'm usually impressed with Sacred Rhianna, but she totally did not step it up this week. The trick took way too long to build up and it was just a simple someone pops out of a box act that any magician can do. She did the same type of thing on Asia's Got Talent and it was much better.

anthonyd46
MeSS Member
anthonyd46
MeSS Member

6:22 AM - Aug 03, 2018 #625

Cousin Oliver wrote:
Spanky Hot Dog wrote:

You're right.  I always forget about the original 5 Golden Buzzer acts that went through before Judge's Cuts.  Thanks!
One is probably analiese nock. There’s always someone that gets to skip the judges cuts for whatever reason. The list of performers next week is out and 17/18 have been revealed. It’s possible she is the 18th but sometimes complicated acts like hers they push past judges cuts for time.

Cousin Oliver
Cousin Oliver

10:57 PM - Aug 03, 2018 #626

AGT Wikia has 18 acts listed for Week 4 of Judge Cuts, and lists Annaliese as one of the acts who did not appear after their auditions.  (Unfortunately, they also list French Accent in that group, so I'm adding him in to my wildcard list.)

http://agt.wikia.com/wiki/Season_13_Judge_Cuts

Spanky Hot Dog
Enough already
Spanky Hot Dog
Enough already

2:15 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #627

Yumbo Dump <3  

Screerider
Enough already
Screerider
Enough already

5:44 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #628

Fuck this show for cutting Sasha!

boredmale
boredmale

3:58 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #629

Cousin Oliver wrote: AGT Wikia has 18 acts listed for Week 4 of Judge Cuts, and lists Annaliese as one of the acts who did not appear after their auditions.  (Unfortunately, they also list French Accent in that group, so I'm adding him in to my wildcard list.)

I was curious why we didn't see both of those acts, I was looking forward to both of them.

Although I don't see it happening I would love for this guy to come back as a wildcard

All that being said I am guessing he gets invited back for the finale(I feel like the guy was brought in as a ringer by the producers knowing full well he wouldn't make it just to spice up the show a bit)

Cousin Oliver
Cousin Oliver

3:24 PM - Aug 09, 2018 #630

boredmale wrote:
Cousin Oliver wrote: AGT Wikia has 18 acts listed for Week 4 of Judge Cuts, and lists Annaliese as one of the acts who did not appear after their auditions.  (Unfortunately, they also list French Accent in that group, so I'm adding him in to my wildcard list.)

I was curious why we didn't see both of those acts, I was looking forward to both of them.

Although I don't see it happening I would love for this guy to come back as a wildcard

All that being said I am guessing he gets invited back for the finale(I feel like the guy was brought in as a ringer by the producers knowing full well he wouldn't make it just to spice up the show a bit)
Agreeance that Hooper could be brought back for the finale.  Production has already decided that the older woman and the Tourette's comedian are the 2 comic choices for the live round, so comedy is pretty much full.

Maybe Annaliese just doesn't have enough 'stunts', so by skipping Judge Cuts, she has to perform less than the regular auditioning acts, without the benefit of the Golden Buzzer.

SirPaulMuaddib
Enough already
SirPaulMuaddib
Enough already

5:45 PM - Aug 09, 2018 #631

I didn't like Alex Cooper, it just didn't work. Now there has been meaner stuff said by other comedians. If your delivery is bad, the jokes fall flat, if your delivery is good, then you can get away with insults.

boredmale
boredmale

6:05 PM - Aug 09, 2018 #632

SirPaulMuaddib wrote: I didn't like Alex Cooper, it just didn't work. Now there has been meaner stuff said by other comedians. If your delivery is bad, the jokes fall flat, if your delivery is good, then you can get away with insults.
I loved his delivery, it was so over the top.

PassThePaxil
PassThePaxil

8:15 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #633

They put through too many novelty acts. The fat Japanese guys aren't funny.

boredmale
boredmale

12:39 AM - Aug 11, 2018 #634

PassThePaxil wrote: They put through too many novelty acts. The fat Japanese guys aren't funny.
Until we have an equal number of novelty acts and singing acts, their never can be too many.  If I had my way this show would have way more of everything else besides singing and dancing(even in the case of dancing you can argue they are under represented compared to singing).

On a side note I quickly watched the AGT special last night, I believe they said those guys that spit water are a wild card

Spanky Hot Dog
Enough already
Spanky Hot Dog
Enough already

10:31 AM - Aug 11, 2018 #635

yes Human Fountains are the first wild card!

random fun fact: Yumbo Dump and The Sacred Riana were on the same season of Asia's Got Talent last year.  

Screerider
Enough already
Screerider
Enough already

4:39 PM - Aug 13, 2018 #636

And that terrible Italian opera guy is another WC. 

Ukrainian techno act Front Pictures is the 3rd WC.

dksmall
dksmall

8:43 PM - Aug 13, 2018 #637

So no jump rope gal.  She must have pissed off somebody to not get in over idiots like human fountains.

chesslover1
chesslover1

12:28 AM - Aug 15, 2018 #638

If you no longer give a spit then vote for Human Fountain!

Cousin Oliver
Cousin Oliver

1:52 AM - Aug 15, 2018 #639

This is a pretty weak lineup tonight, right?

Even though that wasn't Shin Lim's best performance, I still have him or Us the Duo as the potential winners for the whole thing.

HighlanderGeek
HighlanderGeek

6:04 PM - Aug 15, 2018 #640

Cousin Oliver wrote: This is a pretty weak lineup tonight, right?

Even though that wasn't Shin Lim's best performance, I still have him or Us the Duo as the potential winners for the whole thing.
Agreed it was a week group and even the acts I wanted to see again like Shin, the choir and Vicki were not at their best last night.