glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

April 23rd, 2012, 3:30 pm #41

I will post all of Adam's upcoming appearances tonight when I get home from work.  He's got a very busy schedule in the coming months that's for sure.

Queen is actually looking into adding a third date in London due to the quick sell-out of the first two shows.  \o/

bumlets1
bumlets1

April 23rd, 2012, 4:24 pm #42

If all goes well with those shows hopefully he'll be invited to perform at the Olympics with them. Of course at this point it's only wishful thinking.

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

April 23rd, 2012, 5:24 pm #43

bumlets1 wrote: If all goes well with those shows hopefully he'll be invited to perform at the Olympics with them. Of course at this point it's only wishful thinking.
I think you have to be British to perform at the Olympics so even if they wanted Adam to sing with them I'm not sure the Olympic committee would allow it. 

Don't forget Adam is on Kimmel Friday!! 

RobbinAnber
RobbinAnber

April 23rd, 2012, 5:56 pm #44

Taniwha Is Waiting wrote: I was reading a news article this morning about how Asia is a newly opening opportunity for Western acts to tour, especially given the shitty economy here and in Europe, and Adam was mentioned as appearing at a music festival in Japan. It's a great line-up - wish I could go! Summer Sonic 2012
Adam can follow in the footsteps of Elliott Yamin and Archie, 2 others who never really caught on. Like Adam. Go to Asia if America rejects you.

Taniwha Is Waiting

April 23rd, 2012, 6:02 pm #45

Well, I'm sure Rihanna, Death Cab for Cutie, Green Day, Franz Ferdinand, Gym Class Heroes, Foster the People and all the other acts that were rejected by the US can offer him solace over a nice warm glass of sake.

PS: Just because YOU'VE never heard of them doesn't make them small potatoes. :)

RobbinAnber
RobbinAnber

April 23rd, 2012, 6:25 pm #46

Taniwha Is Waiting wrote:Well, I'm sure Rihanna, Death Cab for Cutie, Green Day, Franz Ferdinand, Gym Class Heroes, Foster the People and all the other acts that were rejected by the US can offer him solace over a nice warm glass of sake.

PS: Just because YOU'VE never heard of them doesn't make them small potatoes. :)
Yes it does.

bumlets1
bumlets1

April 23rd, 2012, 7:46 pm #47

The "nervous hospital" where Ellie resides only plays one radio station in the common area so her knowledge of music is somewhat limited.

Taniwha Is Waiting

April 23rd, 2012, 7:56 pm #48

I understand that, by her own admission, she doesn't like current radio - she thinks it's shit. If that's so, I don't know how she can call herself some kind of Grand Poobah Arbiter of what is and isn't well-known and popular. Forget whether or not it's good - to call these artists small potatoes is just silly, and I knew that was going to be her next attempt at a flame, so I was trying to save her some embarrassment. 

RobbinAnber
RobbinAnber

April 23rd, 2012, 8:03 pm #49

How many of the acts you named are currently on the top radio formats, or as you morons refer to it, "relevant". Rihanna, Foster the People and........???????

bumlets1
bumlets1

April 23rd, 2012, 8:20 pm #50

Trespassing is still holding at 34 on the pop charts. Pretty good since its not even out yet.

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

April 23rd, 2012, 8:29 pm #51

We need to figure out that some people here aren't even worth acknowledging.  They are full of crap and the more attention we give them better they like it.  Time to ignore for good. 

Adam on the same bill with Green Day is pretty spectacular!  I'm impressed. 

RobbinAnber
RobbinAnber

April 23rd, 2012, 8:30 pm #52

Green Day are no longer relevant. 

Taniwha Is Waiting

April 23rd, 2012, 8:32 pm #53

I've never pre-ordered on iTunes before. When you do, how do you get the item?

Agreed, glitter. Don't know what I was thinking.

RobbinAnber
RobbinAnber

April 23rd, 2012, 8:35 pm #54

Taniwha Is Waiting wrote:
Don't know what I was thinking.

You were thinking a lot of nonsense and when I called you on it you all pretended it never happened and tried to deflect by calling all morons to ignore me.

Cute plan but you're still wrong and Adam is still a loser riding the coat tails of bigger losers.

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

April 23rd, 2012, 8:39 pm #55

Taniwha Is Waiting wrote: I've never pre-ordered on iTunes before. When you do, how do you get the item?

Agreed, glitter. Don't know what I was thinking.

when you pre-order it will hold in que for you until the release date.  On that date you go into itunes and authorize the download and it will download to your itunes player (which you have to download if you haven't already) then you can upload it to you ipod or burn it onto CD. 

hope that's the information you were looking for Tani. 

glitterbabies
Enough already
glitterbabies
Enough already

April 23rd, 2012, 8:41 pm #56

SurvivorLDog93 wrote:
Certain posters were living on borrowed time before gratuitously posting nasties in this thread. Jes' sayin'.

Or, we could just make that your avatar, Robbin?
some people don't know when to heed a warning when given the opportunity. 

April 23rd, 2012, 8:45 pm #57

Of course ellie doesnt know who FTPeople are, shes old as fuck.

Adam is in great company.

April 23rd, 2012, 8:47 pm #58

And I have no problem ignoring the twat. Shes so stupid its like dumbong yourself down to even acknowledge her inane ramblings.

Taw do you like FTP? I love them, their SNL performances were awesome.

Taniwha Is Waiting

April 23rd, 2012, 8:48 pm #59

Ok, one last time - don't want you to think you've won or anything.

There is more to popularity than TOP RADIO. But, if that's your only criteria for whether or not an artist it RELEVANT, well then, please admit that Kelly and Adam are big artists, because they both did very well/are doing very well on TOP RADIO. I don't think you really mean that, though. Your problem is that in order to bolster your psychotic need to deride Adam, you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You indulge in ridiculous hyperbole, like poo-poohing a lovely roster of artists as irrelevant, only because it suits your needs, not because there's even a shred of truth to it. You also might want to back down from pretending you know anything about what's relevant in modern music since you disavow it so vehemently. All of those acts are huge, maybe not on Top 40, but since when is that the be-all and end-all of what makes good music? It surely isn't when discussing your favorite.

Now run along back to the CA forum where the new friends you've made are more than happy to interact with you.

Taniwha Is Waiting

April 23rd, 2012, 8:52 pm #60

Hunterdonn wrote:Taw do you like FTP? I love them, their SNL performances were awesome.
It's funny you ask that - my husband put FTP channel on my Pandora account, and now he pops up in Quick  Mix, and I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I adore Franz Ferdinand, and Death Cab, though. I'm old, so bands that are nostalgic for the 80s are right up my alley.