Would Women Watch If...

Post all general show talk here! | News | Media |

Would Women Watch If...

hansolo
Woman in White
hansolo
Woman in White

28 Aug 2014, 03:26 #1

Jared and Jensen were average looking guys. I know that CW and in life looks can matter, BUT it seems as if watching Convention footage, women are just into the looks of the two main stars more than the direction of the show SO...

Would you prefer more eye candy (guys) or would it be too distracting?
Two brothers, backs against the wall, fighting for family and for each other- set against a world of evil where danger lurks everywhere and only their guns, their Impala and their 70's rock give them the strength to fight on!

aislinn
Demon Hunter
aislinn
Demon Hunter

28 Aug 2014, 18:41 #2

That could be really hard to answer. For me it was the intenseness of Jensen's performance when he begged John not to kill him that drew me in. The level of pain and anguish in that performance drew me. I felt for Dean in that moment. (I started watching the show late) Also the whole Back in Black sequence with the Impala helped me stick around.

I think for me it was, and still is, Jensen's talented portrayal of Dean that keeps me coming back and not just how hot he is. Yes, he's good looking and to be honest there really isn't anything out there that he's been in that I didn't like other than maybe that one movie he was in with his dad. But he is more than a pretty face. He can reach deep down and pull your heart out with his acting and that is what I find intriguing and beautiful.

There are some really good looking people in Hollywood that no matter what they do I can't get into because they are just that "pretty". With Jensen, and yes Jared, we get so much more than the "pretty". I don't think their looks matter as much as their ability to be relatable and make this totally way out there world, believable.

So if the "eye candy" can act sure bring it on, if not let it be.

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect

29 Aug 2014, 03:24 #3

I think women would watch the show no matter what the guys looked like. Look at some of the favorite characters on the show, for instance Death, they don't fall into the category of strapping young man. Yet, people still enjoy seeing their characters.
There are some really good looking people in Hollywood that no matter what they do I can't get into because they are just that "pretty". With Jensen, and yes Jared, we get so much more than the "pretty". I don't think their looks matter as much as their ability to be relatable and make this totally way out there world, believable.
Well said!! :hi5

I initially tuned in to SPN because I was a fan of Jared from his days on Gilmore Girls. I stayed b/c of the wonderful story and rich plotlines. I used to watch Smallville, but not even Tom Welling's good looks could make me stay with the show for the entire run.

Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12

Celticwench
Woman in White
Celticwench
Woman in White

01 Sep 2014, 00:01 #4

I didn't watch the show from the beginning either....I happened to see a promo for Home in which Dean is calling John and asking for help.....I had thought the character was a typical one dimensional tough guy and that little scene made me pause.
I agree that the acting is the big draw.
I began watching the show after Home and caught up on reruns that summer. I was hooked by the time season 2 started and ...wow...10 years now! :)

AnnabelleB

07 Oct 2014, 22:33 #5

For me it doesn't really matter since Jared and Jensen are both very talented actors along with the rest of the cast. If the show had eye candy and terrible actors I wouldn't watch it.

There have been other shows that have had very attractive guys on it but the storyline and or acting sucked so I didn't stick around. I've stuck around the last 10 years because the acting and storyline are both phenomenal.

I mean it doesn't hurt that Jared and Jensen are attractive, and some other cast members are pretty attractive as well. And I'm sure it's possible some woman are really into the eye candy but for me it's all about the story and acting abilities of the cast.
Castiel: I found a liquor store.
Sam: And?
Castiel: And I drank it.

cloex_brosluvr
Bloody Mary

09 Oct 2014, 21:53 #6

I think with me, it's because of the chemistry that Jared and Jensen bring to the show and their roles. I'm not saying it hurts looking at them but at the end of the day, if they didn't have the chemistry they do, then I wouldn't be interested in Sam & Dean and their lives no matter how 'hot' they were if I didn't 'believe' what I was watching.
*Linda*

banner made by raloria @LJ & icon made by me

My Livejournal & My twitter

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

10 Oct 2014, 01:31 #7

I think with me, it's because of the chemistry that Jared and Jensen bring to the show and their roles. I'm not saying it hurts looking at them but at the end of the day, if they didn't have the chemistry they do, then I wouldn't be interested in Sam & Dean and their lives no matter how 'hot' they were if I didn't 'believe' what I was watching.
I agree with this and would add that I find both Jensen and Jared have a way of drawing you into their world and their story. As others have noted, other shows have 'eye candy' and I haven't stayed around for them as long as with this show.

In the end, I think for me at least, it's because I actually care about what happens to the Winchester brothers. I tune in each week and find myself feeling for them and rooting for them to come out on top. The fact that the show also has interesting takes on some mythology and monsters also has kept me interested. That combined with some great supporting actors, like Jim Beaver who really are not eye candy (sorry Jim :lol: ) but add depth to the story being told.

As long as the majority of the stories revolve around the Winchesters and their lives, I'll keep watching :wub:

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!

Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th

SDWinchesterFan
Advanced Member
SDWinchesterFan
Advanced Member

04 May 2016, 21:13 #8

For me, the looks are secondary to the plot. Or at least it was. I was still enjoying the show up until season 10, and while I haven't seen all of season 11, I've seen a few episodes that featured Amara (sp?) and Chuck/God, and I liked the plot for those episodes. I guess it just depends on the quality of the season/episodes for me.

Either way though, it doesn't hurt that the J's, M's, & FD are freaking hot.
*Banner by me*

Castiel's_Gal
Winchester

05 Nov 2017, 04:16 #9

Of course I would.
I started watching this show from day one as it was advertised i Australia as being from the same people that did The X Files and that show was one of my faves and I knew I would love this and I did.

What we got was very talented people in Jensen, Jared and Misha. This show has a way of hiring actors that are very talented (some have been a lot better than others). It's the story and the characters that have kept me in all these years and my love and common ground with Dean. Even if Jensen was an average looking guy, he would still be just as talented and I would still be a fan of his and Dean's.
<center>

Deviant Art
I love Dean & Cass, no matter what!Keeper of '14' Dean's Leg Holster&#124; Dean's Leather Jacket&#124; His Bow Legs&#124; His Enochian sigil</center>