watermarks

Old threads about fanart questions and issues can be found here.

watermarks

hobbleit
Highway Ghost
hobbleit
Highway Ghost

18 Nov 2009, 10:07 #1

does anyone know of any tuts for adding watermarks to pictures?

I have some manips i want to post but want to watermark them first
<center>

2009 best artist and most contributed member
Fanart</center>

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

18 Nov 2009, 10:14 #2

Not big on it, maybe you want to try draw the mark first and save it and then put it on the pic, setting it onto different blending modes and set the opacity back. I think grain merge works the best. :unsure:

fandrea

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic

Starkiller
Vampire

18 Nov 2009, 16:13 #3

fandrea @ Nov 18 2009, 04:14 AM wrote: Not big on it, maybe you want to try draw the mark first and save it and then put it on the pic, setting it onto different blending modes and set the opacity back. I think grain merge works the best. :unsure:

fandrea
[color=ffff75]That's exactly what I do.

I have my watermark saved as a PNG and then I just open as a layer in GIMP, scale it, place it where I want it, and then find a blending mode that works nicely with the picture, and then lower the opacity if needed. Grain extract or Divide work pretty good on most occasions that I've run into. I don't like my watermark to stand out a lot from the image, but I also don't like it to blend in too much either. I hope that helps, if you have any further trouble or questions, feel free to ask.

Also, if you think that this method just doesn't work for you, try asking JessicaRae what she would suggest sense she's like the master of blending in her watermark perfectly, imo. :)[/color]
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

hobbleit
Highway Ghost
hobbleit
Highway Ghost

18 Nov 2009, 16:18 #4

i'll give it a try

thanks guys
<center>

2009 best artist and most contributed member
Fanart</center>