Urgh!

Old threads about fanart questions and issues can be found here.

Urgh!

highvoltagerock
Vampire

26 May 2010, 19:25 #1

I am trying to put a part of one of my layers back via the white brush, but it starts off with really painting white over the image, then eventually starts doing what I want...

Does anyone know whats going wrong? how can I fix my image the way I want, without getting that white spot?...

Banners by me, avi by hobbleit. >>SPN or request?<<</center>

Starkiller
Vampire

27 May 2010, 01:49 #2

[color=ffff75]I think your problem is that you don't have the layer mask layer selected first. Just make sure that the layer mask (which should appear right next to the normal layer) is selected before you start brushing. I make this mistake all the time. :)[/color]
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

highvoltagerock
Vampire

27 May 2010, 11:54 #3

I was sure it was selected, because there was a black line around the mask part on the layers panel...

Its certainly a easy mistake to make, and I have done that before, but I just dont understand what was going on this time...

I did find another way around my problem, but if there is a problem, then it might be helpful to others to have the solution here as well...

Starkiller
Vampire

27 May 2010, 19:46 #4

[color=ffff75]True, very true, and you never know...it may have been a glitch specific to your computer or something. Just to clarify, you're using GIMP, correct?

Also, please keep this thread updated if you continue to run into this problem in the future or if your solution seems to have solved it. If your solution has solved it, I would be interested in knowing what it was.

Thanks,
Luke[/color]
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

highvoltagerock
Vampire

28 May 2010, 16:39 #5

no, i use photoshop. :)

I think it was a one-time glitch kind of thing, because *knocks on wood* it hasnt happened like that before or after...

29 May 2010, 00:23 #6

Photoshop is known to have a lot of glitches. This particular problem hasn't happened to me, but some other issues have. Hopefully it'll sort itself.
I'm Mel! FORMERLY KNOWN AS SACRIFICE16!

^banner and icon by me

^thanks Senator Seth