Titan Ending Supernatural Magazine!

Talk about the CW, SN music, DVDs, magazines, and sites here.

Titan Ending Supernatural Magazine!

bjxmas
Vampire
Joined: 16 Nov 2005, 20:53

12 Mar 2013, 02:41 #1

I've been wondering what's going on with the Supernatural magazine, seems like it's been forever since an issue was delivered.

Well, today I got my answer. I got Issue 36 in the mail along with a note saying it will be the LAST issue!

I think I have over a years worth of subscription left and they said they'll send me their new magazine they're starting up....The Walking Dead! Or I can request a refund.

What I want is my Supernatural magazine! :uzi

Why are they ending it when the show is still going strong? Their Star Trek and Star War magazines are still selling.

Has sales dropped enough to warrant them discontinuing the magazine?

Can we spur them on to maybe just issue a couple zines a year? Give us something! :boxer

B.J.

:hug


Cool banners by highvoltagerock

My Winchester fanfics @ Fanfiction & Supernaturalville

Post-Purgatory Dean - It's been a year without sex...
Dean & Cas surviving in Purgatory
Reply
Like

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester
Joined: 03 Jul 2006, 20:42

12 Mar 2013, 03:03 #2

Seems kind of silly to me as well. I intend to get a refund as I'm not interested in any of their other magazines. Maybe if enough people request a refund, they'll get the message--or maybe someone else will pick up the slack :shrug

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!


Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th
Reply
Like

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 00:23

12 Mar 2013, 03:25 #3

I'm super bummed about this. :( I was bummed when they got rid of the trading cards too, but that was the company that folded and not just a discontinuation of the SN series of cards.
Why are they ending it when the show is still going strong? Their Star Trek and Star War magazines are still selling.

Has sales dropped enough to warrant them discontinuing the magazine?
I wonder if it has to do with SN only having two lead actors thus making it hard to get interviews. :shrug

I'm going to ask for the refund too as I don't watch the Walking Dead.




Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12
Reply
Like

Nightshadeisis
Hospital Ghost
Nightshadeisis
Hospital Ghost
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 22:39

12 Mar 2013, 03:57 #4

And honestly even though I've enjoyed the magazine, most of what you read in there we get HERE in various spoiler forms a month before each magazine that posts the story. LOL. We're just good like that. :)
Reply
Like

bjxmas
Vampire
Joined: 16 Nov 2005, 20:53

12 Mar 2013, 05:21 #5

True, but I love the glossy pics and just having that digest of the show. I have every issue, with the duplicates for the special covers. I remember when we had to fight for them to publish the magazine and now to lose it is majoryly annoying.

And I think they are pretty open about allowing them access to the Js and all the other actors. The guy that does the Season guides also writes for the mag, doesn't he? Seems like it's all a tie-in. Does this also mean we're not going to get the Season guides?

I hate that we don't have trading cards now. I was alright with it because Inkworks folded, but then to hear that other shows are getting trading cards and not Supernatural grates on me! And I can't remember what the last show was I heard about having cards, but it wasn't anywhere near the popularity of Supernatural! :angry:

B.J.

:hug


Cool banners by highvoltagerock

My Winchester fanfics @ Fanfiction & Supernaturalville

Post-Purgatory Dean - It's been a year without sex...
Dean & Cas surviving in Purgatory
Reply
Like

pottsd55
Member
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 09:27

12 Mar 2013, 06:03 #6

My sister called them about not getting the magazine and the woman she talked to advised her that Warner Bros had ended their deal with them. Not sure if that is the real story but according to her it was not their idea. She had advised us about getting the last issue in March and the choices we would have. She said they would have loved to go on with it. Not sure who is at fault but it could have been Warner Bros call.
Reply
Like

Nightshadeisis
Hospital Ghost
Nightshadeisis
Hospital Ghost
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 22:39

12 Mar 2013, 12:44 #7

bjxmas @ Mar 12 2013, 05:21 AM wrote: True, but I love the glossy pics and just having that digest of the show. I have every issue, with the duplicates for the special covers. I remember when we had to fight for them to publish the magazine and now to lose it is majoryly annoying.

And I think they are pretty open about allowing them access to the Js and all the other actors. The guy that does the Season guides also writes for the mag, doesn't he? Seems like it's all a tie-in. Does this also mean we're not going to get the Season guides?

I hate that we don't have trading cards now. I was alright with it because Inkworks folded, but then to hear that other shows are getting trading cards and not Supernatural grates on me! And I can't remember what the last show was I heard about having cards, but it wasn't anywhere near the popularity of Supernatural! :angry:

B.J.

:hug
I never even got to enjoy the pics or posters. My oldest daughter rouged every single post in each mag to hang in her room before I could even open the magazine to read it! LOL.
Reply
Like

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester
Joined: 03 Jul 2006, 20:42

12 Mar 2013, 13:46 #8

If Warner Brothers pulled the plug, it could be that they have another deal in the works :shrug Either way, though I'll miss it as I did like the pictures and the behind the scene articles. :(

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!


Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th
Reply
Like

Multivariate
Vampire
Joined: 12 Jul 2006, 19:16

25 Mar 2013, 23:17 #9

I just purchased the latest issue at Barnes and Noble, so it seems like the magazine is back up and running...at least for now.

signature by I can't remember, my bad, but soooo pretty
avatar by...a lovely person on LJ
Bi-Texan Gal #22...so much pretty...so little time
Reply
Like

bjxmas
Vampire
Joined: 16 Nov 2005, 20:53

28 Mar 2013, 18:57 #10

Multivariate @ Mar 25 2013, 11:17 PM wrote: I just purchased the latest issue at Barnes and Noble, so it seems like the magazine is back up and running...at least for now.
No, that is the last issue they are going to publish...unless they came to a last minute deal and something has changed.

I just picked up the store version and it is the same one that came in the mail from the publisher as the last issue.

Barnes & Noble will probably be glad. Everytime I go into their stores I rearrange their magazines to put Supernatural front and center. Thinking it might catch someone's eye and get us a convert! ;)

B.J.

:hug


Cool banners by highvoltagerock

My Winchester fanfics @ Fanfiction & Supernaturalville

Post-Purgatory Dean - It's been a year without sex...
Dean & Cas surviving in Purgatory
Reply
Like

Multivariate
Vampire
Joined: 12 Jul 2006, 19:16

29 Mar 2013, 00:43 #11

bjxmas @ Mar 28 2013, 02:57 PM wrote:
Multivariate @ Mar 25 2013, 11:17 PM wrote: I just purchased the latest issue at Barnes and Noble, so it seems like the magazine is back up and running...at least for now.
No, that is the last issue they are going to publish...unless they came to a last minute deal and something has changed.

I just picked up the store version and it is the same one that came in the mail from the publisher as the last issue.

Barnes & Noble will probably be glad. Everytime I go into their stores I rearrange their magazines to put Supernatural front and center. Thinking it might catch someone's eye and get us a convert! ;)

B.J.

:hug
:( I was wondering when I noticed there was no "Coming next issue..." promo page. :cry

One last hurrah I guess

signature by I can't remember, my bad, but soooo pretty
avatar by...a lovely person on LJ
Bi-Texan Gal #22...so much pretty...so little time
Reply
Like

Kyle
Vampire
Kyle
Vampire
Joined: 17 Jul 2006, 04:39

03 May 2013, 16:54 #12

I guess that explains why it took forever for the mag to come out. Disappointing definately. Guess I don't have to e-mail TV Merchandise to find out when issue #37 is coming out.
RIP Munchkin 31 January 1991 - 02 May 2008
RIP Roadie-dog 1995 - 03 January 2012
You'll be missed more than you'll ever know.

Reply
Like

Akane
Wendigo
Akane
Wendigo
Joined: 18 Aug 2009, 18:52

17 May 2013, 03:07 #13

My subscription ended with issue #35, I guess I only missed one issue.
Reply
Like

bjxmas
Vampire
Joined: 16 Nov 2005, 20:53

18 May 2013, 04:32 #14

So...has anyone received their refund yet? I sent in my request, but nothin' so far!

Somehow I'm not surprised.

B.J.

:hug


Cool banners by highvoltagerock

My Winchester fanfics @ Fanfiction & Supernaturalville

Post-Purgatory Dean - It's been a year without sex...
Dean & Cas surviving in Purgatory
Reply
Like

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 00:23

18 May 2013, 04:58 #15

I haven't gotten mine yet either, BJ.




Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12
Reply
Like