Post all general show talk here! | News | Media |

Supernatural Tweets

Yoda
Fire Demon
Yoda
Fire Demon

11 Sep 2009, 21:20 #1

Hey everyone,

After the success of tweeting for the season 5 premiere, the staff and I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread where we can plan and organize future massive tweetings. :D

Obviously you can tweet about Supernatural whenever you want, but I think we should reserve plans for getting specific hash tags into Trending Topics for special occasions to better promote Supernatural. Maybe big story-arc episodes, mid-season cliffhangers, and special guest star episodes. Things along those lines.

I think it'd be best to keep hash tags spoiler-free and straightforward. Misleading hash tags might worry some people (like, ahem, P. Diddy). Twitter might remove those tags and then we would lose the work we did.

Think of this as a resource + planning thread. Hopefully we can keep everything together in here, nice and tidy.

I don't mean for massive tweeting to be run and planned solely by the board staff here. Anyone can post ideas and plan. We're just here to organize it. :)

Lastly, please do not post links to your personal Twitter accounts in this thread. We have a thread for that in our Links forum.

The second post in this thread will always have information about current plans to tweet about Supernatural. We'll keep relevant links in the third post. This way, no matter how long the thread gets, everyone will be able to find current information at the beginning of the thread. Only mods and admins will be able to edit the second and third posts to add/change info, so if we miss something, please PM someone on the board staff so we can take care of it. Also, please fee free to contact anyone on the board staff if you have any questions. :)
<center></center>

Yoda
Fire Demon
Yoda
Fire Demon

11 Sep 2009, 21:20 #2

Current news/announcements about Supernatural Tweets

Tweet #super100 on April 15th for SN's 100th episode.

Suggested tags for general Supernatural tweets
#supernatural
#InKripkeWeTrust
#TeamKripke
#TeamWinchester

Post more suggestions in this thread or PM me (Yoda) and I'll update the list in this post.
<center></center>

Yoda
Fire Demon
Yoda
Fire Demon

11 Sep 2009, 21:20 #3

Relevant Links

Supernatural and Twitter - the original thread
Premiere Tweeting

---On Twitter
Sn.tv forum staff
BuddyTV-Supernatural

Jared Padalecki
Jim Beaver
Misha Collins
Traci Dinwiddie
Chad Lindberg
AJ Buckley
Jake Abel
Richard Speight, Jr. (Trickster/Gabriel)
Rob Benedict (Chuck)
Mark Sheppard (Crowley)
Samantha Ferris (Ellen)

Amber Borycki (Sophie from "Dead in the Water")
Ben Cotton (Pride from "The Magnificent Seven")

What other Twitter sites should go on this list? Send links in PMs to me (Yoda) and I'll update this list.

Articles about Supernatural fans, Twitter, and "Sympathy for the Devil"
BuddyTV
Associated Content
A Bunch of Wordz
<center></center>

bjxmas
Vampire

12 Sep 2009, 16:47 #4

Totally awesome idea! :hi5

I must say, I felt a certain amount of power and took a lot of satisfaction in taking down Twitter for the premiere. Supernatural fans are awesome! :hug:

If we unite in our cause, we are unstoppable! :supes

B.J.

:hug

Cool banners by highvoltagerock

My Winchester fanfics @ Fanfiction & Supernaturalville

Post-Purgatory Dean - It's been a year without sex...
Dean & Cas surviving in Purgatory

marion
Advanced Member
marion
Advanced Member

13 Sep 2009, 07:39 #5

Somewhere, there is a sad part in me, because it's the last season of this history. So sad. Even if I bought every DVD available in France.
And another part (the part which stay many hours without sleep on twitter) is happy to read another people celebrating the show. #inkripkewetrust was a good idea, but go to the most simple thing. #supernatural is the best generic hashtag. We can add something different each week.

And why not organize every night or day before the show the same thing ? As people did the other night (and it was good), we could add what we love in the show. A quote, a feeling, everything about what the show give for us.

That will be a long road and we'll must be patient but imagine, if we arrive to do that, we will show at the entire world that Supernatural is really special. And the fandom too.

justannanow
Vampire

13 Sep 2009, 08:21 #6

I would get such a kick if we could crash Twitter every week with our tags. And I do think we should have one main one, such as #supernatural or #inkripkewetrust (the one I use) and then another one that is special for that particular week. But just taking down Twitter for a short time and getting all those stupid people who thought we were Satanists tweeting was just too funny. And P.Diddy made such a fool out of himself over it too. :lol:
Giver of Dean's Hugs and Soother of Dean's Soul

Thank you so very much to Dean's Gal for the banner!

Yoda
Fire Demon
Yoda
Fire Demon

13 Sep 2009, 18:27 #7

marion @ Sep 13 2009, 04:39 AM wrote: And why not organize every night or day before the show the same thing ? As people did the other night (and it was good), we could add what we love in the show. A quote, a feeling, everything about what the show give for us.
I think if we did it on a weekly basis, people would start to overlook Supernatural in the Trending Topics. It becomes less of a special thing. It's the same as anything in the media: the more you see it, the more you get used to it, the easier it is to overlook.

Imagine if you're on Twitter but not a Supernatural fan. What would catch your interest? Seeing #supernatural in Trending Topics every Thursday or seeing #supernatural (#inkripkewetrust, whatever the chosen tag is) once every month or so?

If I were that Twitter user who didn't watch Supernatural, I would ignore the tag after the third week or so. I'd know why #supernatural was in Trending Topics every week and then when there is something special going on in the show, I wouldn't pay attention. I'd think, "Oh, it's Thursday so of course Supernatural is in Trending Topics," and wouldn't bother looking into it.

It'd be more effective to organize massive Tweets just a few times during the season.
<center></center>

marion
Advanced Member
marion
Advanced Member

13 Sep 2009, 20:33 #8

Oh yes I didn't think about that. You're right. But I have to say that I am curious to know the feeling of the people about the show. I am a fan (an obsessive fan) of Supernatural but I am also fascinated by the fandom, in the sociological aspect. So I would want to know what the show have given to people in 140 letters max. It would be great.

But you're right as I have already said. And I will follow your ideas in Twitter. I have an account only for that.

Another question : is there a thread for silly questions from beginners in Twitters ?

Yoda
Fire Demon
Yoda
Fire Demon

13 Sep 2009, 20:53 #9

We don't have a specific thread for Twitter questions. A few people have posted questions in the Help Desk and you may too. :)

I like your idea about finding out how people feel about Supernatural and what the show has done for them. I think we could definitely have that as a sort of theme for one of the massive tweets. We'd make up a tag about the subject and everyone could tweet their responses.
<center></center>

warriorgrrrl
Vampire

14 Sep 2009, 00:27 #10

From another tweeter on Twitter:

Clickie for message and laughs!

Not sure if this does belong here, but I thought it did. You can remove if it's not! But it's good for a laugh, and the message is very good as well!

Keeper of Castiel's Order & Love; Uriel's Mud Monkey; thanks guys!!
Banners by me! Into the Wild-Graphics
1 member of the Order of Castiel

andrezza-nj
Woman in White
andrezza-nj
Woman in White

14 Sep 2009, 01:04 #11

warriorgrrrl @ Sep 14 2009, 12:27 AM wrote: From another tweeter on Twitter:

Clickie for message and laughs!
Yes!!!! :thumbsup
Donate Now - Misha’s <3 (Random Acts) Banner by Lamiaa - Thank you!! I simply loved this banner.

Staceycj
Wendigo

14 Sep 2009, 01:20 #12

We are the most organized fandom ever. (gonna go sign up for twitter)

justannanow
Vampire

14 Sep 2009, 01:29 #13

Yes, I'm in!! Now is Vancouver time the same as California time?

And aside from #PDiddyIsScaredOfHisTV, what other hashtag is being used? Is it #supernatural or #InKripkeWeTrust?
Giver of Dean's Hugs and Soother of Dean's Soul

Thank you so very much to Dean's Gal for the banner!

Yoda
Fire Demon
Yoda
Fire Demon

14 Sep 2009, 01:37 #14

justannanow @ Sep 13 2009, 10:29 PM wrote: And aside from #PDiddyIsScaredOfHisTV, what other hashtag is being used? Is it #supernatural or #InKripkeWeTrust?
We're not doing a massive tweeting right now, but if you check the second post in this thread, there are some general hashtags there. :)
<center></center>

warriorgrrrl
Vampire

14 Sep 2009, 01:43 #15

justannanow @ Sep 13 2009, 07:29 PM wrote: Yes, I'm in!! Now is Vancouver time the same as California time?
Yup! ;)

Keeper of Castiel's Order & Love; Uriel's Mud Monkey; thanks guys!!
Banners by me! Into the Wild-Graphics
1 member of the Order of Castiel