Sera Gamble Is A Big Gamble....

Discuss season 6 as it airs in the U.S. and Canada. NO SPOILERS IN THIS FORUM.

Sera Gamble Is A Big Gamble....

Tenex
Tenex

26 Sep 2010, 15:55 #1

Having watched all seasons and read every piece of news and plot analysis I could find I had a lot of anticipation for season 6.

After watching the first episode of season 6 I must say I am very un-impressed.
Surely it is too soon to judge anything since only one episode has been out but I must say people love SN due to the suspense, anticipation and twists and turns that the series has managed to establish.

Throwing all the characters back together and adding a brand-new team of hunters with a phony monster story is just not supernatural. From camera angles to music to the simple way they got Sam and Dean and Bobby together again I must say SN has had a bad start.

They should have either ended the series or only get Kripke do season 6.

I seriously hope it gets better from here otherwise I think the series is going to be a big waste of time.

Ivy
Vampire
Ivy
Vampire

26 Sep 2010, 16:30 #2

You said it yourself: It's the first episode of the season! We don't know what Sera and the other writers are planning, we don't know if this new bunch of hunters will stay etc We don't really know anything at all.

"Excile on Main Street" will not be my favourite episode but I liked anyway. Especially the first scenes where they switched between past and present and added a perfect song.
This first eppie was different. So what? That's great. While other shows get boring SN still surprises. I don't know what's wrong with that.

#MELSHAIRLOOKSGREAT :-))))

red-reformed
Advanced Member
red-reformed
Advanced Member

26 Sep 2010, 16:41 #3

I don't think it's that bad. & I like the brand new team of hunters. Even if they turn out to be evil in the end. I'm also getting there to being able to give a passing nod of acknowledgment to Lisa n Ben. Reasonable people can be persuasive while not trying to persuade :wub: Doesn't mean I'm gonna love them, just because I'll see them, though. :D

Anyway, as far as beginnings go - it was loaded in a quiet-waters-are-deep kind of sense and I liked it. It hit all the right buttons. Some wrong ones too, but I still consider Magnificent Seven to be the awful-est beginning of a season.

I just have a good feeling about the coming season ^_^

Oh, also, having read all that stuff and yadda, yadda, yadda - I think you're over-analyzing the situation. Learn to sit back and enjoy before bashing ;)

Welcome to the forum too, newbie :cheer
Done so beautifully by lovely Rowan Barry

wareagle
wareagle

26 Sep 2010, 16:52 #4

I agree Dean and Lisa lack chemistry. Personally, I think Ben is Dean's son. The only reason Lisa would have let Dean come into her (and Ben's) life was if Dean was his father. Also, the Lisa and Dean story line isn't going any where. It is going to be a major theme this season.

red-reformed
Advanced Member
red-reformed
Advanced Member

26 Sep 2010, 16:57 #5

Welcome to another newbie B)

& I agree that Lisa n Ben are for the staying, but I don't think that they're gonna be a major theme (unless you count a tear or two from Dean), because the show is still about brothers not fathers.
Done so beautifully by lovely Rowan Barry

Ivy
Vampire
Ivy
Vampire

26 Sep 2010, 16:59 #6

And why would Lisa still not tell Dean that Ben is his son? That doesn't make sense. Obviously she thinks he is good for Ben. She said that to Dean when they were having the conversation in Bobby's house.

#MELSHAIRLOOKSGREAT :-))))

Maneth
Hospital Ghost
Maneth
Hospital Ghost

26 Sep 2010, 18:34 #7

I might not have found what I love the most about SPN which is angst and intensity BUT it was a very different episode from any I've seen and I like what I saw, a lot, it was very good.

set made by me

prettybaby2525
Advanced Member
prettybaby2525
Advanced Member

27 Sep 2010, 20:16 #8

Tenex @ Sep 26 2010, 03:55 PM wrote: Having watched all seasons and read every piece of news and plot analysis I could find I had a lot of anticipation for season 6.

Surely it is too soon to judge anything since only one episode has been out but I must say people love SN due to the suspense, anticipation and twists and turns that the series has managed to establish.

Throwing all the characters back together and adding a brand-new team of hunters with a phony monster story is just not supernatural. From camera angles to music to the simple way they got Sam and Dean and Bobby together again I must say SN has had a bad start.

I seriously hope it gets better from here otherwise I think the series is going to be a big waste of time.
I am sorry I do have to agree with the above statement.

It seemed this episode was everywhere and they just crammed all this stuff in one episode.

I think the chemestry between sam and dean is lacking as well. it was kind of ...boring.

Lets get back to how it was in season one and two with the Lore and the boys hunting I dont like all these new people.

DS357
DS357

28 Sep 2010, 00:24 #9

prettybaby2525 @ Sep 27 2010, 08:16 PM wrote: It seemed this episode was everywhere and they just crammed all this stuff in one episode.
I was worried I was the only one. I also felt a little let down. The "big" reunion was... meh and then bam! bam! bam! all this other stuff too. It doesn't mean that I am going to quit watching though... "I'm invested" so...just have to wait until this Friday.

Oh and Dean! If Sam doesn't want the keys....I'll take 'em.

30 Sep 2010, 11:08 #10

prettybaby2525 @ Sep 27 2010, 08:16 PM wrote:
Tenex @ Sep 26 2010, 03:55 PM wrote: Having watched all seasons and read every piece of news and plot analysis I could find I had a lot of anticipation for season 6.

I am sorry I do have to agree with the above statement.

It seemed this episode was everywhere and they just crammed all this stuff in one episode.

I think the chemestry between sam and dean is lacking as well. it was kind of ...boring.

Lets get back to how it was in season one and two with the Lore and the boys hunting I dont like all these new people.
I couldnt agree more. Season 6 both the first ep and the clips of next week look pathetic. Gutted.

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

30 Sep 2010, 15:56 #11

Just to throw in the thought...I think that's the point. I think we're supposed to be in the same head space as Dean, off kilter and "gutted" with his new reality. I think the relationship is supposed to be strained at best, maybe even volatile. I know I was surprised Dean wasn't angrier than he was, because despite all the "reasons" Sam had not to tell Dean he was back, which I can understand, really...What the hell!!! :lol:
Waldorf : *moans*
Statler: What's the matter with you?
Waldorf: *moans* It's either this show or indigestion. I hope it's indigestion.
Statler: Why?
Waldorf: Cause that'll get better in a little while.

Tenex
Tenex

30 Sep 2010, 16:38 #12

I hope some of you are right and it gets better from here.

Throwing in a bunch of stuff together and hoping for the best is not supernatrual style...

I think Kripke has let the fans down by allowing Gamble to water down the series but lets hope it gets better.

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect

30 Sep 2010, 16:53 #13

If you look at the S5 premier, there was a lot of stuff in it. We got the Sam and Dean teleporting out of Maryland, there was introduction of Becky, Meg returned, we found out Cas was exploded, Bobby was paralyzed, Dean's the Michael sword. All of the stuff ends up being spread out over the whole season. With the S6 premier, they were setting up the season and I think that everything will be more spread out and there won't be as many plotlines per episode.
I think Kripke has let the fans down by allowing Gamble to water down the series but lets hope it gets better.
It's only been one episode. We need to give Sera a chance. I actually like the premier. Sera's been with the show since S1. I think she knows what she's doing.

Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12

becs
Bloody Mary
becs
Bloody Mary

30 Sep 2010, 16:56 #14

i think everyone should just watch a few more episodes before writing sera off. She has been a part of supernatural since the beginning,she knows how the show works.
give it time peeps

x
Supernatural season 7! Another year of fun,tears and meeting great people.can't wait!

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect

30 Sep 2010, 16:57 #15

becs @ Sep 30 2010, 12:56 PM wrote: i think everyone should just watch a few more episodes before writing sera off. She has been a part of supernatural since the beginning,she knows how the show works.
give it time peeps

x
ITA.

Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12