Sammy22 Graphic

Are you great with banners or avatars? Then let's see them!
| Artist Showcase | Help | Help Archive | Tutorials

Sammy22 Graphic

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

13 Aug 2010, 00:31 #1

I've had some other art of the Wichester Brother fourm but since I want to do more than Sam and Dean I thought I would start a new thread here.

I'm still relativly new to this so I would appreciate your input. :D Don't be shy. I won't bit. ;)

Banners made my me. Check out my artwork Here. :)

Team Free WillWinchester ForeverSeekers

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

15 Aug 2010, 23:52 #2

So I'm guessing no one really liked these ones. Here's another one I've made reciently. Let me know what you think.

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

17 Aug 2010, 04:11 #3

Hey Sammy. I love the second one. What is Misha doing in that pic? I don't wanna know.
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

17 Aug 2010, 04:27 #4

Thanks Angel325girl. Who know's what Misha is doing. He thinks up the strangest things.

Here are some more things I made reciently. Not very many people are looking but I'm going to post anyways.

Here's a background I made. My first attempt at backgrounds. Sorry it will end up big but I don't know how to make it smaller.

Here are a few Legend of the Seeker ones I just made. Not my favorite but I'm still learning.

Dakota Spirit
Woman in White
Dakota Spirit
Woman in White

17 Aug 2010, 04:34 #5

It looks like you are definitely improving - especially on cutting the pictures out and blending them into the new background.

Keep up the practice/good work! :)

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

17 Aug 2010, 04:39 #6

sammy22 @ Aug 17 2010, 12:27 AM wrote:
I think my heart stopped. Can Craig be any hotter. Yeah, he definitely beat Jensen Ackles on my hot list and I thought that wouldn't be possible but he'll, well nobody can ever beat my angel David Boreanaz
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

Starkiller
Vampire

17 Aug 2010, 04:55 #7

[color=ffff75]Hey Sammy,

I figured since I was taking a look at your work, that I might as well leave you a comment. :) First off, I'd like you to know that I do see some great potential in your work. You do have a good talent for rendering images that could really turn into something! Second, before I begin giving my full lowdown on what I think of your work, I just wanted to tell you that just because you don't receive a lot of comments here at first, doesn't mean you aren't doing a great job. We all start at this point in our graphics making, and it is always hard to move on to the next step, no matter what that may be. However, you're making good progress over a short amount of time, so don't be discouraged by the lack of comments from people yet; it just takes time. :)

Okay, so now here comes the lowdown. As I said above, you are proving to have a knack for rendering images (cutting them out of the background). However, you may want to work on making the edges around your renders less harsh. From your comments in my new tutorial, I know you're using a slightly older version of Photoshop, but try to find tutorials on rendering and making those edges less harsh. I know feathering is always a good option, but researching other methods is also good (like layer masks). Honestly, these harsh lines are your largest draw backs in all of your work thus far. You've done a decent job working with them and trying to fit them together/cover them up as best you can, but researching better methods will prove more valuable because no one likes seeing these harsh lines in a piece.

Now there are many things I could lecture you on because you are still young to the graphics field, however it is not my place to tell you how to make your graphics, I leave that to you...as it should be. This forum has a great lean towards the style of blending and also what many people call "livejournal" style graphics. However, the thing I suggest most is that you get out into the world of graphics and explore what you like and don't like. Also, go out and read tutorials about your program and other programs, learn different styles and ideas and techniques. Your first priority should be to fully learn the program you have first, because from that point forward you can really expand your horizons and learn tons of new things. :)

As I said at the beginning, don't be discouraged by the lack of comments you get at first. It takes a while before people warm up to new people. :) However, I get the feeling that you have great potential. So don't be afraid to try new things, and get out there and learn! :D That's the best advice I can offer anyone. ;)

Best of luck to you, and I look forward to watching you develop your fanart!

Luke

P.S. I should also add, don't be afraid to stop in another artist's thread here on SN.tv and ask questions. Most artists honestly don't mind answering graphics related questions. Also, it's always great to learn from those whose work you admire/like. :)[/color]
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

18 Aug 2010, 17:53 #8

Thanks Dakota Spirit.

Thanks Angel325girl. I just had to make a shirtless Craig. I just liked yours so much. :P

Thanks Luke Skywalker. I have been looking for other tutorials for my version of photoshop. I think I have found a layer mask for my version. I just reciently found it. I've made a few new banners trying to new masks. I'll post them later when I'm able to get on the computer I made them on. They really do make things easier.

I thought I had a couple but I guess I only saved one. I found out how to use masks so here it is.

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

20 Aug 2010, 22:32 #9

Here are some more updates.

And one for Misha's birthday.

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

22 Aug 2010, 18:09 #10

Well, this will be 3rd in a row. Here are some new banners I've made.

First, here is the Supernatural one.

And here are some more Legend of the Seeker.

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

24 Aug 2010, 17:51 #11

And here are a few more.

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

27 Aug 2010, 01:58 #12

Ok, here's the deal. I've been posting new stuff here. I'm not sure if anyone is looking at them and I have all these posts in a row. So if you want to see more let me know. If I don't get any posts then I'm not posting any more stuff. So please let me know, more stuff or not. (And I'm not mad so please don't think I am. It's more of a time thing. If no one is looking then I'm not going to take up too much time put them online. But I will still make some. :) )

mrajraspn08
Scarecrow

03 Sep 2010, 13:41 #13

I have dial-up, so I don't check fanart that often, but I think you've got some good stuff. I've already told you how much I like the Misha banner (it's the reason I decided to check out your other stuff, despite my slow connection), and I really like the brothers one and the background, too. If you're making more, go ahead and post them! Sometimes people (or maybe it's just me... :) ) will look at the artwork even if they don't post. So if it's a time thing, that's understandable, but I hope to see at least the occassional addition! :D
"When I fall in love,
I take my time
There's no need to hurry
when I'm making up my mind.
You can turn off the sun,
but I'm still gonna shine
and I'll tell you why..."

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

03 Sep 2010, 14:18 #14

OMG, I love the Cara one. She's like my favorite Character on Seeker. I might have to use that if that's okay.

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

sammy22
Scarecrow
sammy22
Scarecrow

04 Sep 2010, 00:46 #15

mrajraspn08- Thanks. :hug: It doesn't take tons of time to post. It's just I had 5 in a row each a few days apart and it didn't seem like many were looking. I don't want to be cluttering the boards.

Angel325girl- Go ahead. You can use the Cara one. :hug: