Rounded Edge Banners

Old threads about fanart questions and issues can be found here.

Rounded Edge Banners

x_Rachel<3Dean
Vampire

14 Mar 2010, 17:16 #1

Heyy!

DocRock posted an awesome tut on how to do rounded edges on banners with photoshop and I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with making them using GiMP ? Would be grately appreciated :D

Rach
Xxxxx

&#124;Team Free Will&#124;BDOHB&#124;Gumby Girl&#124;Keeper of Dean's Lucious Lips & Skull Bracelet&#124;Proud Soldier in Dean's Army, Guardian of Sleeping!Dean&#124;ILDNMW&#124;Dean's Archangels

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

29 May 2010, 22:33 #2

Here is how I did it with my GIMP.

After finishing the banner (without signature yet) I went to the top layer and made a new layer of all the visible layers. (right click->New from visible)

Then added a transparent layer mask to it. Foreground and background colors should be white and black.

Now I picked the rectangular selection tool and activated the little checkbox: rounded corners. Once you do that, you get a little line where you can adjust how round the banner corners you want to be. Adjust that to your liking.

Now over the banner I made a selection that "cut" the banners edges off, you can adjust the selection to your liking until you're satisfied with the result. You can do that by pulling the selections edges.

Then I inverted it (selection->invert selection) and cut the edges off (edit->cut).

I hid all the layers underneath, added my signature and saved it. And there you have it. A rounded cornered banner. :)

Hope this helps you. :)

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic