Pilot Episode

Discuss seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 in here.

Pilot Episode

Laura
Woman in White
Laura
Woman in White

06 Oct 2010, 03:40 #1

I was thinking about the Pilot episode the other day and I realized something. Okay, it's 2005, and it starts on Halloween. Sam and Jess go have drinks with friends and then Dean shows up later that night. (Halloween night). Sam mentions that he'll go with Dean but has to be back by Monday for his law school interview.

Next day, November 1st, Sam and Dean go to the bridge and talk to cops, do some research, and then later that night go back to bridge and Constance messes with the car. End of November 1st.

Next day, November 2nd, Dean and Sam go to motel, find John's room and journal. Dean gets arrested, Sam interviews Constance's husband. Later that night, Dean busts out, Sam gets attacked by woman in white, Dean shows up at house to rescue, and then they leave.

It's now the night of November 2nd. Dean says if they drive fast enough they could make it by morning and then Sam reminds him that he has his interview in like 10 hours, (Monday). So Dean takes him back to Stanford, and Jess dies. On November 2nd, of course.

The reason for the short review is because I'm making sure I've got the count of days and nights correct. The problem is that in 2005, Halloween was on a Monday, making November 1st on a Tuesday, and November 2nd on a Wednesday.

So the whole law school interview being on Monday, and the comment about it being in 10 hours doesn't add up with the '05 calendar. I guess it's just a little mistake in writing or whatever, it doesn't matter.

This doesn't make me love Supernatural any less, I think its just funny. An interesting observation in an observationally interesting way.

08 Oct 2010, 09:59 #2

How do we no though it starts on Halloween, i mean yea they were at a halloween party but it dont make it halloween lol, most college party's tend to start on a friday which would fit in with the time line. :)

Your play by of the eppy though was awesome.

Laura
Woman in White
Laura
Woman in White

09 Oct 2010, 05:05 #3

Very true. I thought of that, but then I remembered a deleted scene from the dvd, (an alternate beginning to the introduction of Sam?), where it says "Halloween, Present Day."

That and Jessica died on November 2nd, which was on a Wednesday that year.

But Halloween is always more fun on a Friday, isn't it?

jasmine_0110
Advanced Member
jasmine_0110
Advanced Member

19 Nov 2010, 17:48 #4

Another observation:

Dean picks "Metallica" from Sam's hand in the car when he says "driver picks the music and shotgun shuts his cakehole",but instead of Metallica,AC/DC plays from the player.

Laura
Woman in White
Laura
Woman in White

20 Nov 2010, 07:38 #5

I think Metallica was supposed to play, but they are so expensive it's nearly impossible to get any of their songs on tv. I saw a version on-line once that played Enter Sandman during that scene, maybe it was part of an un-aired pilot? Anyway, I think they couldn't afford the song, so when it finally aired on television, they used a song they could afford, like AC/DC. I don't know why they didn't go back and re-film that, I guess they couldn't, but that's okay, because I can't imagine that scene without Back In Black now.

My theory is that Dean plays so many tapes, he forgets to put them back in the right cassette holder. ;)

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

20 Nov 2010, 18:10 #6

The Metallica song was supposed to play during the scene in the unaired Pilot. But in the end I think Metallica didn't allow them to use their song so in the aired version they used AC/DC-Back in Black instead. But nearly all of the songs in the original Pilot were switched in the final version,even the score music is slightly different ,only the two AC/DC songs remained.

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic

jasmine_0110
Advanced Member
jasmine_0110
Advanced Member

20 Nov 2010, 20:45 #7

Ohk..thanks girls,for that clarification.

I used to think the mix up was a mistake...