New Challenge Suggestions

Banner, avatar, and wallpaper challenges are in here.

New Challenge Suggestions

Trix
Vampire
Trix
Vampire

29 Aug 2007, 17:35 #1

Okay folks. If you hadn't noticed I haven't run any new challenges in a bit because of the ongoing Award Banner Challenges for the Supernatural.TV Awards. Now that the last challenge for that has been posted, I'm looking for suggestions for a new one.

Please post your ideas in this thread and we'll go from there.

Thanks! :D
Avatar snagged from the extremly talented vamptastica on LJ

banner by dreamalittledreamofsam

banner by Dean's Gal

immie_8
Vampire

29 Aug 2007, 17:58 #2

I don't know if this has been done already, but how about a fav. couples banner/avi. Or a soundtrack inspired banner/avi - a banner and avi inspired by the lyrics of a song played on SN.

Thanks to CakeholeCat for the avi Nicole and Dean's Gal for the lovely banners! :D

2nd soldier of BrigaDean - Head Chef, Nutritionist and Mess Hall Co-ordinator. Keeper of Hacker!Sam and much more!

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

29 Aug 2007, 18:04 #3

immie_8 @ Aug 29 2007, 05:58 PM wrote: - a banner and avi inspired by the lyrics of a song played on SN.
That sounds like a cool idea

What about a dmeon or spirit banner/avi of Supernatural?
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

JessicaRae
Wendigo

30 Aug 2007, 05:10 #4

Hmm... How about a banner/avatar that conveys a single emotion? Love, hate, pain, sadness, fear, empathy, happiness, etc. And have no other text, but the name of the emotion that the art is representing.

Or something... ;)

vintage
Fire Demon
vintage
Fire Demon

30 Aug 2007, 19:11 #5

immie_8 @ Aug 29 2007, 10:58 AM wrote: a banner and avi inspired by the lyrics of a song played on SN.
I really like that idea, even though I don't make any art myself... but it'd be something I'd really like to see. ;)
JessicaRae @ Aug 29 2007, 10:10 PM wrote:Hmm... How about a banner/avatar that conveys a single emotion? Love, hate, pain, sadness, fear, empathy, happiness, etc. And have no other text, but the name of the emotion that the art is representing.
But again, this is great too! I love that, solid emotion thing where it could everything. You get a lot of feeling from SN and it'd be nice to see what people came up with using Dean and Sam, etc.

[color=B3B4AE]coffees to Sunrise for the stolen banner[/color]

[color=2C282C]blessings to sweetie0704 for my castiel set[/color]

Starkiller
Vampire

31 Aug 2007, 01:40 #6

Okay this is more of a Challenge organization suggestion, that was inspired by another forum, but what but some kind of Signature of the Week (SOTW) organization. It's basically running a weekly challenge. Nothing big of course, usually a signature (as the title points to). And we hold voting on the themes so that the users of the forum and decide what theme they want to see/do for the week and then they have a week to do so. I have more detailed ideas on this if anyone else thinks that this would be a cool and/or interesting idea to give a try for a while.

For a challenge suggestion...hmm...what about the YED? Wasn't that an idea a while back? What about doing something around him...in honor of his "semi-passing" for those of us that still believe he will find a way to come back. :)
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

Point_Blank
Vampire

31 Aug 2007, 03:43 #7

Hmm... it'd be kind of cool if we picked one song with some good lyrics and everyone could pick and choose which lyrics to use and create a banner from it. A One-Song challenge. We could pick one that has been played on SN?

I also like JessicaRae's idea with the emotions. Sound very cool!! :D

Or maybe one where a few pictures are given and we must make a banner out of those. So therefore we could see different interpretations with the same material. (Possibly same text too?) I think that'd be cool!

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

31 Aug 2007, 03:59 #8

Point_Blank @ Aug 31 2007, 03:43 AM wrote:
Or maybe one where a few pictures are given and we must make a banner out of those. So therefore we could see different interpretations with the same material. (Possibly same text too?) I think that'd be cool!
You mean like a morage. where so many picture are put together. Or is it called a moral? That would be cool!
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

Dean Winchester
Ghostly Mental Patient
Dean Winchester
Ghostly Mental Patient

01 Sep 2007, 09:12 #9

I think you mean a Collage (From the French: coller, to stick) is regarded as a work of visual arts made from an assemblage of different forms to create a new whole.

The second thing you were asking about (I assume you mean a Mural not a moral.) is used to define a large painting on a wall, ceiling or other permanent structure.

A Moral is pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.

But I digress...

I like JessicaRae's idea.

Brittani44
Advanced Member
Brittani44
Advanced Member

01 Sep 2007, 13:52 #10

Yeah I like the idea of picking a song from SN and doing a banner on it or everyone being provided with the same pictures so we can see differnt interpretations VERY COOL!

Keeper of Deans Flying Leaps and Rough landings/the orange jumpsuit
Member 9 of Deany Babies Member 65 of LORD

I support the writers
Favorite Dean Quote of the Week:
"If You Fudging touch me again, I will fudging kill you"(AVSC)
Another Day/Days End/PC/The PTD/Rise From the Ashes

Saiyuki
Winchester
Saiyuki
Winchester

06 Sep 2007, 23:15 #11

I like the idea of using a songs lyrics to inspire, but i also loved the idea that someone came up with the last time around...

Using a single image or a few set images, so everyone makes basically the same banner, but in thier own style :P
<center>

Springfield,IL
Prologue is up^CLICK^to read

Sig Clinic</center>LIMS R11 and 12 vote!

BandityG.
Fire Demon
BandityG.
Fire Demon

17 Sep 2007, 15:29 #12

I agree, I like the One-Song idea... there's so many to choose from and all with awesome lyrics ^_^

Orange Flashy Freak! [color=0]&#124;[/color] [color=999999]The Evil One[/color] [color=0]&#124;[/color] Fallen From Grace
[color=0]"On that day when you don't have the strength for the burden you bear, I'll be right here."[/color][color=999999] -Citizen Soldier[/color]

iluvJaredxx
Hookman

17 Sep 2007, 18:27 #13

hmmm. i remember a challenge we had awhile ago.. favourite woman of the week... i think it would be cool to do a male verison of that.. if we haven't all ready???? *thinks real hard*

credit for the banner goes to xxfalloutgalxx.

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

17 Sep 2007, 19:41 #14

^ I would like to see a banner with Gordan in it!

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

iluvJaredxx
Hookman

17 Sep 2007, 21:12 #15

Hehe oh yeah, for the ass that he was.. he was kinda cool.
I dunno who I'd use...

Andy,
Ash,
Jake,
YED,
ya never know. lmao.

credit for the banner goes to xxfalloutgalxx.