Most Inspirational Graphics You've Seen

Are you great with banners or avatars? Then let's see them!
| Artist Showcase | Help | Help Archive | Tutorials

Most Inspirational Graphics You've Seen

Starkiller
Vampire

11 Jul 2008, 01:32 #1

This is a place to just post links to graphics that inspire you the most (Supernatural or not), but I want these just to be the works that you see and they inspire you to try new things and work harder. Please when you post the works, give a link to the original work or post it with your post so that we may of course see it, and give proper credit to the artist. Thank you.

Here are some of mine: All but one of these works are from DeviantArt.com. I have provided links to the original works where you can view the artists' page if you wish.

Gimo:
Supernatural Sky

Sirgerg:
Into The Mist
Wahkeena Falls

Pr3t3nd3r:
Freedom

Ap123:
A Boy Brushed Red Mod

Akajork:
Anaphora

Taenaron:
Apocalypse

Mancombseapgood:
Desolation

I-Netgrafx:
Destroyed Cathedral Exterior
Mindcage

Zueuk:
Field of Depth

Uribaani:
Southern Electric Logo Design
The Silent Winter

JessicaRae: Supernatural Selection
Supernatural.tv Newsletter Header
Yesterday
Supernatural Wall
Supernatural Season 1 Wall
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

Saiyuki
Winchester
Saiyuki
Winchester

11 Jul 2008, 19:15 #2

I must say that the most inspiration for my work comes from that of the incomparable Cakehole Cat...Who's not been around here for a little while now :unsure:
Here's an example of what i'm talking about...

See the top of the page for full size :P
and this she made as a rquest for me...

Her work has inspired me to be braver with my use of colours and textures and play with ways of adding text...and hiding extra images in the background too :P
Helping me go from simple pieces like this...

to stuff like this...

then in just a few weeks...to more complex layed stuff like these...

...and stylized things like this colour manip...

I've also been inspired by the crisp work of JessicaRae

EG:

...And pretty much all of her wallpapers are just amazing

Plus My Fellow "Gimper" and GIMP Tips man...Seth (Senator Seth of the UGS) ^

his HP tutorial helped me make this...

and he aided in my discovery of the "Overlay" layer selection...thing... :evil

Unfortunatly i coulnd't just pick one or two pieces..as it's more of an artists inspiration than just the work they create in my case ;)
<center>

Springfield,IL
Prologue is up^CLICK^to read

Sig Clinic</center>LIMS R11 and 12 vote!

jensengal3
Advanced Member
jensengal3
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2008, 17:29 #3

All these are absolutely amazing!!

I'm just wondering what banner makers do you all use, and if there are any good free downloads for these or do all the banner makers require a fee per year of use?

I used a trial of bannermakerpro, but now thats up :(

Sarah :)

Banner made by Ste!!

Saiyuki
Winchester
Saiyuki
Winchester

10 Aug 2008, 17:59 #4

Well Me and Seth up there both use a program called GIMP ^_^...the banners we are each using in our sigs were made using GIMP
Which just so happens to be a Free download program :D

Here's a >>link<<
...I'm not sure if you still need to DL the runtime environment for the latest version of gimp :unsure:
...it's pretty easy to install anyway...it has it's own wizard thing so it's a simple case of clicking "next" a couple of times...Once you've installed it just have a play around to get used to it...there are a few basic tutorials around this site to help you blend images etc...

...you can get free DL of trial Photoshop but these only last 30 days i think :unsure:

..now, gimp doesn't make the banner for you as such...but you just open a new canvas (the size you need, 500x150/600x200 whatever) then "open as layer" the images you want on it...you can re-size ("Scale layer") each image (As they can each have thier own "Layer") and you can also add colour and when you feel ready you can go mad with textures and brushes too :D

Good luck ;)
<center>

Springfield,IL

jensengal3
Advanced Member
jensengal3
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2008, 18:08 #5

Thats fantastic! I have downloaded it now, so i drag pictures in to the space? I'm sure i'll figure it all out anyway.

Thanks so much for the help, i really appreciate it. :)

Sarah

Banner made by Ste!!

Saiyuki
Winchester
Saiyuki
Winchester

10 Aug 2008, 18:25 #6

You're quite welcome ^_^

If you do have trouble with it feel free to post in the fanart help forum...I'm around, as is Seth, and there are loads of others who're more than willing to help you out i'm sure ;)
<center>

Springfield,IL

jensengal3
Advanced Member
jensengal3
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2008, 18:59 #7

Thanks saiyuki!! :)

Banner made by Ste!!

Starkiller
Vampire

12 Jun 2009, 02:35 #8

[color=ffff75]Well I think that this is an important topic...if it would get used more, but still I think it's worth pinning just so that others can see what inspires other artists. :)

Right now I'm being inspired by the amazing works of xlozx:

------

She has some of the most amazing blending and text work I have ever seen! So both of those aspects really inspire me to become better at my blending style and also my work with text. :)

Also, the amazing blending and coloring done by Sacrifice16 has been a great inspiration to me lately:

[/color]
<center>

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

13 Jun 2009, 13:13 #9

Err... most of my stuff is inspired randomly, mostly by screencaps, pictures, music and my muse. I am also a gimp user here and have been for about 6 months. lol

I usually experiment with what I have. Trying out things until I like what I see. I was inspired by g_alena's work and nig.honey's banners too or tint's. And you guys are going to kick me, but Senator Seth's work also inspired me to do things, like my current set. *points*

But most of my stuff is experiment as I said it. Didn't say it's good though, I am still learning and mess up alot. Yeah, I know, weirdo here. :lol:

fandrea

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic

DeanBean
Fire Demon
DeanBean
Fire Demon

14 Jun 2009, 15:14 #10

I have to say that my art is inspired by artists on this board, such as xlozx, Sacrifice16, shazza_109 - their blending and colouring is amazing :)

I also get inspired by tutorials that I see - I use them to learn new effects and then I try things out on my own - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :P

Generally I get inspired by a lot of different people and things :D

shazza_109
Wendigo

18 Jun 2009, 03:08 #11

Aww, thank you DeanBean :D :wub:

Some of the most Inspirational Graphics I've Seen are been from xLozx, Senator Seth, Sacrifice16, Saiyuki, Carmen Ackles,

One of my most stunning graphic wallpapers is from Ugly Business. Her site Here! She makes manips that are breath taking! And I always look forward to seeing her new wallpapers.

Also Soft memories. Her site is Here! I love all her twilight graphics. :D

Facebook
&#124;Evil&#124;&#124;True Blood Crazed&#124;&#124;Vampire&#124;

xlozx
Fire Demon
xlozx
Fire Demon

24 Jul 2009, 16:57 #12

Aww, thanks Seth, DeanBean and shazza_109 :blush :wub:

Lots of different things inspire me but some artists on this site that really give me inspiration are Senator Seth, Sunrise, shazza_109, Sacrifice16 and Carmen Ackles.

I recently found this site, this person has some amazing Supernatural Wallpapers :)
<center>
&#124;Team Winchester! &#9829;&#124;fan art&#124;
</center>

28 Jul 2009, 15:47 #13

awwwww geez thanks seth, deanbean, shazza, and loz.... :blush

The people who've inspired me on sn.tv would have to be sunrise, episodic love, vany, xlozx,seth, and wendy they're all so very talented. :D

STEVE MCQUEEN ! on RCR has been a really influential artist to me. You'll have to register to see more of her stuff, but her latest gallery update was amazing... i am soo impressed with that

also on rcr is Vany who's on sn.tv but has more frequent updates than here. her work is absolutely stunning. her icons are just...win. *sigh* hehe

AranzA has been great inspiration to me lately also<she's also on RCR

:clap
I'm Mel! FORMERLY KNOWN AS SACRIFICE16!

^banner and icon by me

^thanks Senator Seth

Starkiller
Vampire

13 Sep 2010, 16:24 #14

[color=ffff75]I found this wallpaper the other day, and just had to come and share it with everyone because I'm finding it highly inspirational!!

No Victories - By: Zugma[/color]
<center>

*Stephanie
Wendigo

15 Sep 2010, 16:33 #15

WOW. Amazing wallpaper! Very inspirational with a fantasy-like twist... coloring is fantastic along with the blending.

Speaking of inspirations... lots of graphic makers here inspire me. xlozx, Wendy-Alice (Dean's Gal), Maneth... many more. Any time they post new stuff, I just kinda study them and pick out things I haven't done before with my own graphics and try to go from there.

I went from this

to this

Bust Dean Outta Hell Brigade Dean's Archangels Team Free Will My SN artwork