Is There Room For Another Supernatural CW Show?

Post all general show talk here! | News | Media |

Is There Room For Another Supernatural CW Show?

hansolo
Woman in White
hansolo
Woman in White

31 May 2014, 19:50 #1

Do you feel there is room for another CW show involving the supernatural or are there too many shows already. At one point, CW was considering a show about Sleepy Hollow, but Fox beat them to the punch. What ideas do you have? (or should they cycle over to a show about aliens invading earth or was Star-Crossed a harbinger of doom for that idea).
Two brothers, backs against the wall, fighting for family and for each other- set against a world of evil where danger lurks everywhere and only their guns, their Impala and their 70's rock give them the strength to fight on!

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect

01 Jun 2014, 01:44 #2

When I heard that Supernatural was getting a spin-off, I hoped that it was going to involve characters we know and love on Supernatural e.g. Castiel or the Ghostfacers. At the CW upfronts, the network president Mark Pelligrino said that he was still open to the idea of a spin-off. I hope if another one gets made, it features characters we already know rather than a bunch of new characters that I'm not invested in.

Moving this to the General Discussion forum.

Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12

aislinn
Demon Hunter
aislinn
Demon Hunter

01 Jun 2014, 03:27 #3

I might have to duck here but I didn't really think Bloodlines was all that bad. I wonder if it might have faired better if hadn't been debuted near of Supernatural itself and used of that shows episodes to do so. What I mean is I wonder if hard feelings hadn't already developed but it disrupted the flow of Supernatural itself?

The base storyline was interesting to me. I know the whole Romeo and Juliet thing has been played often, but the idea that the young man was drawn into that world like he was and that to find out his dad was more than likely a hunter peaked my interest.

charmed1of2
Demon Hunter
charmed1of2
Demon Hunter

01 Jun 2014, 05:57 #4

the network president Mark Pelligrino

I think you meant Mark Pedowitz Irish ;)

Yeah,I read that he was still interested in one. I don't think I'd watch one though. :shrug

My requested banner made by Steff's daughter Bex. Awesome job hun.

hansolo
Woman in White
hansolo
Woman in White

01 Jun 2014, 07:01 #5

I dont think that the CW will want middle aged actors who comprise the majority of the guest stars on Supernatural. I think this is a mistake because if you just create shows with millennials only then I dont think the show has as much depth.

I dont know how you bring back all of the great guest stars unless there is a mytharc in which the bros. can rescue everyone who died over the last 10 years. I think that would be an awesome mytharc and a great end to the series.
Two brothers, backs against the wall, fighting for family and for each other- set against a world of evil where danger lurks everywhere and only their guns, their Impala and their 70's rock give them the strength to fight on!

Irishgirl
Usual Suspect
Irishgirl
Usual Suspect

01 Jun 2014, 23:06 #6

charmed1of2 @ Jun 1 2014, 12:57 AM wrote:
the network president Mark Pelligrino

I think you meant Mark Pedowitz Irish ;)
You're right. Can't believe I mixed those two up. :lol:

Avi by dramaa princess @lj and Banners by xlozx
Proud Moosekateer/Spoiler-Free for Season 12

percysowner
Advanced Member
percysowner
Advanced Member

02 Jun 2014, 16:00 #7

I think there room for another show in the Supernatural universe. Bloodlines wasn't that bad, in and of itself, but it didn't feel like part of the SPN universe to me. As to an SPN spinoff I think there are lots of ways they could go bringing already introduced characters. If Jody adopts Alex that could be the start of a spinoff. Heck, Krissy (and I hate Krissy) and the other young hunters that formed a family could come to Souix Falls, meet Jody and Alex and decide to settle down with Jody providing an adult figure while the kids balance life and hunting. Aaron and his Golem searching for the Thule guys could make a universe where Aaron meets other supernatural creatures as he researches the Thule Society. Young Samuel Colt would be a western historical series showing how Samuel Colt became a hunter, and kept on hunting while building a firearms empire. The Men of Letter is another historical series that would explore the supernatural. Set it 20 years before thee 1958 massacre. It could be like Warehouse 13, as the MOL search for supernatural items that will help fight evil.

There's a lot of room in the Supernatural universe that could make a really interesting series if they put the effort into it.

thurman
Wendigo
thurman
Wendigo

02 Jun 2014, 20:50 #8

As much as i disliked Benny and his sparklyness....i could see a spinoff with him. hell....do a series around his time with the Vampirates. The word alone would ensure eyes on pilot night. They could do a series set in a town cut off from civilization and they are fighting the Croatoan virus. The Roadhouse early years. They could do a series around Doc Benton in a supernatural version of Breaking Bad.

And as Percy said...Aaren adn the Golom would be gold as would all the ideas she mentioned.

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

05 Jun 2014, 23:20 #9

I didn't really get into Bloodlines that much, maybe because it didn't feel like Supernatural to me but more like a cross between Vampire Diaries and the Originals. Actually, when they talked about a spin off, I thought they would do something with Cas and the Angels...with Cas working to rebuild heaven.

I'm sure there is room for a spin off (ghostfacers was a natural one but they have split up :( ) But the hard part will be having it appear to be part of the Supernatural universe, not just about monsters (if that makes sense).

:)

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!

Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th

thurman
Wendigo
thurman
Wendigo

06 Jun 2014, 12:04 #10

Raven, i think a Ghostfacers spin off would work due to becasue they HAD split up. Imagine indtroducing the show with them rebuilding their friendship, making it stronger. That way, there is history and viewers would be rooting for them to fix their relationship while they go on their adventures.

Chiana
Advanced Member
Chiana
Advanced Member

28 Jun 2014, 21:48 #11

The spin-off idea I had banging around in my head would involve going into the future and dealing with a fully realized "men" of letters...funnier more dimension... more charlie maybe cause time frames move differently which would account for her lack of aging...and i know dean would demand that a painted portrait of at least him be placed somewhere prominently.

Chiana
Advanced Member
Chiana
Advanced Member

11 Jul 2014, 15:29 #12

And he would definitely have them paint the impala's portrait :car