Invisionfree Server Issues

information for whats going on in the site etc.

Invisionfree Server Issues

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

18 May 2013, 16:47 #1

These servers are experiencing a DDOS attack. We're working to resolve the issue and will post more info when we have it available.
We're continuing to fight off the attack. You may notice a slight slowdown occasionally but all boards on these servers should be accessible.

Thanks for your patience.
The servers were down for a period of time today and we may still be experiencing some issues due to the attack. Including a time out error when posting. Invisionfree is working on the problems.

Raven524
Admin

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!

Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

18 May 2013, 16:56 #2

I was getting that pesky time out error all yesterday. I knew nothing good would come from that. lol. What's a DDOS attack?

I remembered that site that takes you to all the statuses for Invision and kept that refreshed all morning. When it came on I was so happy. Nearly did a dance. lol. My life is so sad.

http://tachyondecay.net/php/bin/serverstatus.php
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

18 May 2013, 18:29 #3

DDOS as I understand it is a program used by hackers to interrupt or stop users from accessing public servers. I know LJ has had issues with it as well as some games like minecraft.

Hopefully they'll get it resolved soon ;)

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

19 May 2013, 09:09 #4

DDOS attack is usually increasing a site's traffic so drastically that the servers of the site are unable to handle the onslaught of "incomers". It's usually done with zombie computers from what I get. LJ is often attacked that way, usually it's political in nature over there though.

I can access the site now, hopefully it stays that way.

ETA: Forget that, I get error messages when I try to post.

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

29 Oct 2013, 17:16 #5

Members on the site seems to be having issues on the board. The pages are loading slow for a bout a week now.
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

30 Oct 2013, 11:56 #6

Yup have this happen over here too, thought it was just me.

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

01 Nov 2013, 12:24 #7

It looks like the problem has been resolved, if you still are having problems, let me know :)