Hope For Season 7! Finally, No More-

Discuss season 6 as it airs in the U.S. and Canada. NO SPOILERS IN THIS FORUM.

Hope For Season 7! Finally, No More-

hansolo
Woman in White
hansolo
Woman in White

22 May 2011, 08:20 #1

I like many of you have faithfully followed this show through its many story lines enjoying some more than others.

I was hopeful at the end of last season when the show runners said they were going to get away from the angels and demons stories and focus more on Sam and Dean on earth.

Well, they kind of did that, it seemed they were desperately trying to go back to the familiar bad guy arc of the first two seasons, but could not resist returning to the angels and demons stories, perhaps because Cas was still part of the storyline.

Cas going in and out of episodes because of the angel Civil War, I felt added nothing to the show. If you are not going to have Cas and Raphael have an epic CGI battle at seasons end then what is the point?(just like they wasted the opportunity to have an epic CGI battle between Satan and Michael last season). The angels and demons thing should have ended last year.

Also, they spent the whole season making Sam's unfortunate fall into the Pit from last season too much of this season with the souless Sam and the wall in his brain storyline (they always spend way too much time making the events/problems from last season go on and on into the next season). If the wall falling was so catastrophic, Sam reacted like he was having a bad migraine then improved and raced to help Dean and Bobby. Really, we needed to hear about his tortured soul all season for that? As a result, the whole Mother of All storyline seemed like a poorly developed afterthought, so they would have enough episodes for 22 shows.

Hopefully, season 7 will refocus on the bros. fighting real creatures whether sent by Cas or not and will leave time travel, the angel civil war and brotherly mistrust in the rear view mirror.
Two brothers, backs against the wall, fighting for family and for each other- set against a world of evil where danger lurks everywhere and only their guns, their Impala and their 70's rock give them the strength to fight on!